Time for Change

WTDiehard

Time for Change

Post by WTDiehard » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 9:12 pm

With our season going from bad to worse it obvious there will be no Sept footy for us.

In fact we will probably win the spoon.......2005 Premiers....2015....Spooners.

Anyway with little to be salvaged from this year I dont know why JT doesn't make some changes.....surely Drinkwater has earned at least a bench spot by now, not bagging brooksy or moses but it doesn't hurt to let players know that positions are fought for.

I'd also look at players like Lulia, Akoula, Moltzen....guys that played some decent footy for us in 2014 and before.....especially as we constantly hear how young our squad is....well bring in some experience.

JT seems to have his PET SQUAD at the moment and no-one outside of those guys gets a look in. Whats he got to lose - its not like our current results are working.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 9:02 am

Let the kids off the leash, lets see what they've got.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 9:04 am

It will only be a matter of time before the playing the group rebels.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 9:27 am

Taylor has shown very little enterprise in his coaching since he blessed this club with his presence. It would be most unlikely that he would bring any new players in for the rest of this season, no matter how deserving of a chance they are. It will be the same boring play for the rest of the season.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 9:36 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:It will only be a matter of time before the playing the group rebels.
Don't know CB , I think they are more frustrated by the fact they can't come to terms with Taylor's simple game plans

I saw something else during the game that had me wondering about things

Did anyone notice that after Simona got up after he was injured came to the scrum and packed in the 2nd row with Farah , Farah was obviously asking him a question and Simona just totally ignores him

He even pats him on the back/side twice and he still ignored him

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 9:44 am

I suggest Happy that Simona was just a bit emotional about his injury and in pain.
I saw Farah demonstrate concern for Simona just before the scrum packed.

I also watched Farah intervene at halftime with the Badger so Brooks could get off the field.

In a game full of hurt for Tigers' players and supporters, these two incidents made me feel proud Farah is a Tiger. He demonstrated real leadership and concern for his younger players.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 9:46 am

Might not have been asking him a question Happy, he could have been pressing him to play through the pain, walk it off etc.

We saw some good linking play in the first half and they looked dangerous at times. How much longer will they play Taylor-ball before they say "stuff it, the seasons gone, let's just toss the pill around and have some fun."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 9:50 am

What would happen if the entire team said ''screw it, let's go out and play how we want''. What's he going to do, drop 17 players?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 9:56 am

That's my point. They're only going to play his way until they lose faith and stop responding to him completely.

My fear is that he is going to lose the playing group. We don't have the money to pay him out, and our cap situation is stuffed so we can't give him the team he wants. We're screwed no matter what happens.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 9:58 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:It will only be a matter of time before the playing the group rebels.

Looks to me they have lost faith in him. His over reaction to the Canberra game and the plod ball that we were made to play for the next few weeks put an end to that.

I dont think they will rebel. Not after last year, this is karma coming back to bite them and there isnt much they can do but suck it up and continue to play how they are told.

More likely theyll continue to play lifeless football, just going through the motions till season end.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:26 am

happy tiger wrote:
Don't know CB , I think they are more frustrated by the fact they can't come to terms with Taylor's simple game plans

I saw something else during the game that had me wondering about things

Did anyone notice that after Simona got up after he was injured came to the scrum and packed in the 2nd row with Farah , Farah was obviously asking him a question and Simona just totally ignores him

He even pats him on the back/side twice and he still ignored him
Simona has had a bad run with injuries and was obviously very disappointed when he was injured again on Sunday and not in a mood to come off the field.

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:30 am

Exactly, Tiger in the Gong. I think most of them have made up their minds that Taylor's style is what it is, and that at the end of the day, as simple (??) as his plays are, ultimately if they follow orders they can't be blamed for the on-field performance.
What a sad state of affairs...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:39 am

Its funny , I don't know if anyone listened to the game on ABC Grandstand or not ( I did I was travelling )

But the instructions that came from the HT reports from the sideline reporters to what Taylor wanted was this

"Stay in the grind defensively, continue to attack the edges and when the opportunities arise to go wide "

Just wondering if what Taylor said and what we did matched up ??

Blame Taylor all you want , but the players are failing to implement his game plans

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:41 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:What would happen if the entire team said ''screw it, let's go out and play how we want''. What's he going to do, drop 17 players?
That's really funny. Drop players :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll
That only happens at clubs that care about what happens on the field,
I love it :wahoo:
Best laugh I've had in ages!!

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 12:54 pm

happy tiger wrote:Its funny , I don't know if anyone listened to the game on ABC Grandstand or not ( I did I was travelling )

But the instructions that came from the HT reports from the sideline reporters to what Taylor wanted was this

"Stay in the grind defensively, continue to attack the edges and when the opportunities arise to go wide "

Blame Taylor all you want , but the players are failing to implement his game plans
Did he really say this. I will say this for the spin master. The last couple of weeks we have tried to play some footy.

That doesn't take away from that terrible period of Taylor ball though. I still don't get why there are people defending him. He has been really bad. I'd take you more seriously if you would admit how bad he has been and then state its a learning experience for him and he should improve. That is a possibility.

We do need to fix our outside backs. Richards appears to be on the outer for next year and hopefully that occurs. We still need though to buy some players in that role and add some depth. We've been killed out wide 2 years in a row now.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 1:00 pm

stevetiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Its funny , I don't know if anyone listened to the game on ABC Grandstand or not ( I did I was travelling )

Did he really say this. I will say this for the spin master. The last couple of weeks we have tried to play some footy.

That doesn't take away from that terrible period of Taylor ball though. I still don't get why there are people defending him. He has been really bad. I'd take you more seriously if you would admit how bad he has been and then state its a learning experience for him and he should improve. That is a possibility.

We do need to fix our outside backs. Richards appears to be on the outer for next year and hopefully that occurs. We still need though to buy some players in that role and add some depth. We've been killed out wide 2 years in a row now.
No I made it up :brick:

Could someone who listened to the Grandstand on Sunday confirm what the Half Time instructions that came up from the rooms were please

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 1:31 pm

When was the last time Brooks and Tedesco linked up? That combination has even been stifled. for yrs this side has been coached like an art class given permission to do whatever they want on an open canvas. Now a crusty, boring old teacher has taken over the class and let's them paint and draw nothing but wheat fields

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 1:33 pm

happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

No I made it up :brick:

Could someone who listened to the Grandstand on Sunday confirm what the Half Time instructions that came up from the rooms were please
Based on your unyielding acceptance of Taylor and his spin I wouldn't be surprised.