Time for Change

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Time for Change

Unread post by magpiecol » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 1:39 pm

How many forum topics do you people need to bag Taylor. Give it a rest please. Your constant [automatically edited] and bias does not say a lot for your credibility.

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 1:40 pm

stevetiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Its funny , I don't know if anyone listened to the game on ABC Grandstand or not ( I did I was travelling )

But the instructions that came from the HT reports from the sideline reporters to what Taylor wanted was this

"Stay in the grind defensively, continue to attack the edges and when the opportunities arise to go wide "

Just wondering if what Taylor said and what we did matched up ??

Blame Taylor all you want , but the players are failing to implement his game plans
Did he really say this. I will say this for the spin master. The last couple of weeks we have tried to play some footy.

That doesn't take away from that terrible period of Taylor ball though. I still don't get why there are people defending him. He has been really bad. I'd take you more seriously if you would admit how bad he has been and then state its a learning experience for him and he should improve. That is a possibility.

We do need to fix our outside backs. Richards appears to be on the outer for next year and hopefully that occurs. We still need though to buy some players in that role and add some depth. We've been killed out wide 2 years in a row now.
No I made it up :brick:

Could someone who listened to the Grandstand on Sunday confirm what the Half Time instructions that came up from the rooms were please
Based on your unyielding acceptance of Taylor and his spin I wouldn't be surprised.
Well that would be pretty stupid on my behalf seeing how many forum members work weekends and are ABC Grandstand listeners through necessity

But hey , you keep your attacking Taylor / me every chance you get going , its quite amusing

By the way , when you get a single separate idea or opinion on this let us know , all you go on about is spin

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 1:49 pm

happy tiger wrote:But hey , you keep your attacking Taylor / me every chance you get going , its quite amusing
I certainly don't want to personally attack you. It was just a joke.

Fumbles

Unread post by Fumbles » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 1:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:When was the last time Brooks and Tedesco linked up? That combination has even been stifled. for yrs this side has been coached like an art class given permission to do whatever they want on an open canvas. Now a crusty, boring old teacher has taken over the class and let's them paint and draw nothing but wheat fields
Everything has been stifled under the WE need to Defend Banner.

I posted this before but what about the scrums every time its Tedesco passing at lock to a Centre who hits the ball up and takes the tackle (except for that one time Nofa scored). How about some scrum plays ? Why is our best attacker at lock ? I don't get it.

What about the last tackle option its always Books or Moses up and under and a slow chase and make sure they get over their 20 metre line before you make a tackle. I don't get it ? I have seen Brooks do some wonderful 40/20's Why can't we kick to a corner or the in goal area.

We used to play Benji on the wing in defence early in his career but not Brooks or Moses we have to make sure they are targeted every set so they got no energy to attack. Hoeter is a winger and we play him centre, Lovett is a reserve grade forward and we play him in the centres. What's your big plan this week maybe give Buchanan a run in the centres.

Boring Boring Boring Taylor you give me a headache.

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 3:21 pm

Are we all ready for the excitement of the announcement of this week's team?

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 3:24 pm

Newtown wrote:Are we all ready for the excitement of the announcement of this week's team?
Yes I am

Will probably see some new faces

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 4:35 pm

At the start of the season I thought we would bag the spoon and nothing has changed, that was based on our playing roster measured up against all the other teams lists. Taylor was on a hiding to nothing and okay he has not set the world on fire, but he is trying to show them what is required to be successful, now I have some serious doubts some of players can cut the mustard, but I do not hold Taylor responsible, just like Potter was not responsible. I can endure the rest of the year but I would expect to see some improvement next year and than by 2017 be a top eight team or better

InBenjiWeTrust
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 5:25 pm

IMHO, some players were below par, but Taylor has to take responsibility for some awful decisions,
e.g. promoting Hoeter before Fine, and Lovett before Akauola and Funaki. He made quite a few tactical errors,the most obvious one being Lovett at center.
It is questionable by how much he has improved our defence from the last year.
The other (objective) problem were injuries to Nofoaluma and Simona, I think we played only one full game (Souths) with Tedesco, Nofoluma and SImona :( our only attacking weapons ATM.
With Tedesco as our only dangerous attacking player it is hard to win games :(

LCA
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by LCA » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 6:11 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:I suggest Happy that Simona was just a bit emotional about his injury and in pain.
I saw Farah demonstrate concern for Simona just before the scrum packed.

I also watched Farah intervene at halftime with the Badger so Brooks could get off the field.

In a game full of hurt for Tigers' players and supporters, these two incidents made me feel proud Farah is a Tiger. He demonstrated real leadership and concern for his younger players.
I agree. He went out of his way (as did Woods) to pat Hoeter on the head after he spilt a poor pass ...I think from Brooks (again!) in the first half. I thought it was a good sign from our captain as the kid was hardly having a great game. In fact, none of the "kids" had a great game on Sunday, nor even a good one. It must be frustrating for Robbie, as it is for us as well.

guyofthetiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by guyofthetiger » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 10:42 am

happy tiger wrote:Its funny , I don't know if anyone listened to the game on ABC Grandstand or not ( I did I was travelling )

But the instructions that came from the HT reports from the sideline reporters to what Taylor wanted was this

"Stay in the grind defensively, continue to attack the edges and when the opportunities arise to go wide "

Just wondering if what Taylor said and what we did matched up ??

Blame Taylor all you want , but the players are failing to implement his game plans

We just haven't had the capacity to run around teams on the edges for too long.

Benji at least is/was the master at spreading it wide, setting up sideline breaks. Perhaps too much too often though as we know.

We just seem to get smothered on the edges. Opposition line speeds seem double ours.

Simona has been incapable of utilising his speed and fend to get around the edges for 2 years now and I'm not sure why - perhaps the ball just doesn't get to him fast enough?? Perhaps he's easily targeted as our only option in that regard??

What happened to Seve or Fine who I thought were our future in the centres as opposed to Hoeter and Milone?

We desperately need speed on the outside either way.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 11:12 am

Fumbles wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:When was the last time Brooks and Tedesco linked up? That combination has even been stifled. for yrs this side has been coached like an art class given permission to do whatever they want on an open canvas. Now a crusty, boring old teacher has taken over the class and let's them paint and draw nothing but wheat fields
Everything has been stifled under the WE need to Defend Banner.

I posted this before but what about the scrums every time its Tedesco passing at lock to a Centre who hits the ball up and takes the tackle (except for that one time Nofa scored). How about some scrum plays ? Why is our best attacker at lock ? I don't get it.

What about the last tackle option its always Books or Moses up and under and a slow chase and make sure they get over their 20 metre line before you make a tackle. I don't get it ? I have seen Brooks do some wonderful 40/20's Why can't we kick to a corner or the in goal area.

We used to play Benji on the wing in defence early in his career but not Brooks or Moses we have to make sure they are targeted every set so they got no energy to attack. Hoeter is a winger and we play him centre, Lovett is a reserve grade forward and we play him in the centres. What's your big plan this week maybe give Buchanan a run in the centres.

Bodring Boring Boring Taylor you give me a headache.
Ahhhh, I'm reminiscing (with pleasure) at the wonderful scrum plays Sheens used to come up with for the boys. Great to watch and so unpredictable. Guaranteed to score of them 99% of the time. Remember them Fumbles? :)

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 2:08 pm

99% of the time? lol, I wouldnt even put it at 50%

LCA
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by LCA » Thu 02 Jul, 2015 8:20 pm

magpiecol wrote:How many forum topics do you people need to bag Taylor. Give it a rest please. Your constant [automatically edited] and bias does not say a lot for your credibility.
Magpiecol....what a buffoon you are. By criticizing those who questions Taylor's credibility, aren't you also showing bias? Please spare us man, and go back to your hibernation.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Thu 02 Jul, 2015 10:34 pm

Black'n'White wrote:99% of the time? lol, I wouldnt even put it at 50%

Tigers scrum, close to oppositions try line , equaled 99% scoring success.
But we can agree to disagree.

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Thu 02 Jul, 2015 10:42 pm

Tigermama wrote:

lol, yes we can.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Thu 02 Jul, 2015 10:54 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Tigermama wrote:

lol, yes we can.
Well I thought our scrum plays were going pretty well until Benji started passing the ball into the crowd :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Fumbles

Unread post by Fumbles » Thu 02 Jul, 2015 11:42 pm

In all seriousness you watch and every scrum win we just do one pass to the Centre and do your best. We have scored one try from that great move so that makes it about 0.5% chance of scoring.

The way he has the halves playing like robots it maybe setting them up for the long term but boy is it boring to watch. I am surprised they just don't go stuff you we are going to play footy this week.

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Thu 02 Jul, 2015 11:45 pm

WTDiehard wrote:With our season going from bad to worse it obvious there will be no Sept footy for us.

In fact we will probably win the spoon.......2005 Premiers....2015....Spooners.

Anyway with little to be salvaged from this year I dont know why JT doesn't make some changes.....surely Drinkwater has earned at least a bench spot by now, not bagging brooksy or moses but it doesn't hurt to let players know that positions are fought for.

I'd also look at players like Lulia, Akoula, Moltzen....guys that played some decent footy for us in 2014 and before.....especially as we constantly hear how young our squad is....well bring in some experience.

JT seems to have his PET SQUAD at the moment and no-one outside of those guys gets a look in. Whats he got to lose - its not like our current results are working.
All the players you mentioned are on the outer with the club... None will be around in 2016 so to give them "a go" now is a waste

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Return to “Round 17: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”