WESTS Tigers Team V Parramatta

jirskyr

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Parramatta

Post by jirskyr » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 9:44 pm

Tiger Torch wrote: - Tapau has been challenged to play 30 minutes high intensity per half but he simply can't get those minutes which forces Woods to play more minutes than he should. Tapau is not happy at being forced to play longer minutes he sees his role as a starting impact player / enforcer!!! The jury is out on whether he will hang around beyond 2016
Wow even if only half of this stuff is true, that's some great insider reading.

Re Taupau, these comments really interest me. Everyone has seen Marty's great impact in the last two test matches, and this was in an enforcer/impact role, shorter minutes. He clearly turned both games when he came on.

Problem is, for the Kiwis he is surrounded by elite players; rep-level players by definition. For Tigers, what happens if he is allowed to play less and more dynamic minutes, who takes up the extra work?

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:03 pm

greatodensraven wrote:I can understand JT wanting to implement a defensive structure but what is the point of having a strict offensive structure to follow? Doesn't that make it easier for opposition teams to work is out? Sure we need aggressive running & quick PTBs to win the ruck but to coach guys not to offload & therefore cancel out 2nd phase play just makes us so predictable.

We have some of the most exciting young players in the comp & some current/ex-SOO & internationsl players right now. Yeh give them a structure to improve their defence but let them play what they see in attack. Have to give them something to show up for.

I think the team was not following the strict offensive structure on Sunday. Did anyone notice a lot of 3rd tackle kicks. No repeat sets. No building pressure.

So it's tough guys if Taylor lets them off the leash they dish that crap and if he doesn't their branded boring. Their void of the killer instinct. Man we in desperate need of maturity in the team.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:06 pm

Okay I've changed my tune. Taylor can focus on defence all he wants, in fact he can spend 100% of our training on the tackle bags, so long as he hands over the reigns in attack.
He rattles on and on about his defensive structure, but it's obviously not working, so let him devote all of his energy to getting that sorted while the kids just play what's in front of them.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 11:19 pm

Black'n'White wrote:If TT is correct, and most of the boards energy is devoted to the Balmain leagues saga... thats very distressing to hear. They should be seperate entities. Our resources eaten up by an external party, thats just terrible.

I feel a bit sick hearing that.
I agree - WT have enough problems that the board need to sort without trying to sort out Balmains as well. If that's the case I am really peed off. Independent board my arse.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 2:18 am

Thanks for the insights TT, very interesting stuff.

So, at this stage, it's potentially a bright future, but still a hell of a lot in the balance.

Sounds like the finances in regards to the cap will finally be fixed, which is a positive, the fact they are looking at centres is also good, maybe Idris will work out, talk about wasted potential there so far.

All in all, a case of hang in there and maybe.........possibly, who knows, next year something more positive. Maybe if we had won in 2010 and/or 2011 that would be easier, but it's been too long between drinks.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 11:32 am

Wow, everyone is a selector!

No fewer than 16 different teams selected in the "pick your team against the Eels" section. However, everyone disagrees with the official team. Go figure.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 11:48 am

jirskyr wrote:
Tiger Torch wrote: - Tapau has been challenged to play 30 minutes high intensity per half but he simply can't get those minutes which forces Woods to play more minutes than he should. Tapau is not happy at being forced to play longer minutes he sees his role as a starting impact player / enforcer!!! The jury is out on whether he will hang around beyond 2016

Re Taupau, these comments really interest me. Everyone has seen Marty's great impact in the last two test matches, and this was in an enforcer/impact role, shorter minutes. He clearly turned both games when he came on.

Problem is, for the Kiwis he is surrounded by elite players; rep-level players by definition. For Tigers, what happens if he is allowed to play less and more dynamic minutes, who takes up the extra work?
That is it, he is taking up the extra Workload for the lack of experience around him
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 2:06 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

That is it, he is taking up the extra Workload for the lack of experience around him

What I don't get is why force Marty (our only true impact player, & one of the best in the world mind you) to play extra minutes which doesn't suit him when you play Lodge & Santi for 15 mins per game? Sure they're young & don't offer the same value but both have potential & will only get better with experience. Lodge in particular has shown he is more than capable to take on extra mins/responsibility.

We're just not playing to our strengths.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 2:40 pm

Tiger Torch wrote:
king sirro wrote:
Tiger Torch wrote:King Sirro - not Santi he is a perfect fit for NSW Cup, that's where he belongs an honest hard working plodder. Think really aggressive and someone not afraid to stand up to a previous really really good coach! That's it I'm sure you've got it now.
lodge
Not that hard really was it, listen carefully next time when Woods is asked about Lodge - he always tries to mention his great offload/2nd phase. All the front rowers are now trying to show solidarity by putting offloads in their game. Watch on Monday's upcoming massacre there will be offloads even without Woods. lodge normally gets the ball rolling which is why he only played so for minutes against Penrith. Have a look at his game against Souths and even the recent losses ( when he wasn't sent back to NSW CUP) He is always looking to keep the play going which doesn't suit the safety first structure - no hits; no runs; no errors - better stay in the shed!
It's baffling because Lodge seems a natural offloader, the way he can turn his back and keep his arms free from defenders.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 3:38 pm

greatodensraven wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

What I don't get is why force Marty (our only true impact player, & one of the best in the world mind you) to play extra minutes which doesn't suit him when you play Lodge & Santi for 15 mins per game? Sure they're young & don't offer the same value but both have potential & will only get better with experience. Lodge in particular has shown he is more than capable to take on extra mins/responsibility.

We're just not playing to our strengths.
I agree , if your going to limit there time on the field ? well your stealing them pressures time in gaining valuable experience . Our Season is done....so why not expose these players ? It will help you decide on future decisions to extend there Contracts or let them go .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

benji#6

Post by benji#6 » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 3:47 pm

I wouldnt bother with the signing of tupou but take a punt on idris and ryan morgan. Id prefer a backline looking like
1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Seve/Morgan
4. Idris
5. Simona
6. Moses
7. Brooks

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 4:20 pm

benji#6 wrote:I wouldnt bother with the signing of tupou but take a punt on idris and ryan morgan. Id prefer a backline looking like
1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Seve/Morgan
4. Idris
5. Simona
6. Moses
7. Brooks

I'd be happy with this:

1. Teddy
2. Nofo
3. Kev
4. Seve
5. Simona
6. Moses
7. Brooks

Save our cash for signing a couple of solid forwards.

benji#6

Post by benji#6 » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 4:22 pm

greatodensraven wrote:
benji#6 wrote:I wouldnt bother with the signing of tupou but take a punt on idris and ryan morgan. Id prefer a backline looking like
1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Seve/Morgan
4. Idris
5. Simona
6. Moses
7. Brooks

I'd be happy with this:

1. Teddy
2. Nofo
3. Kev
4. Seve
5. Simona
6. Moses
7. Brooks

Save our cash for signing a couple of solid forwards.
Ok maybe not idris but ryan morgan wouldnt cost us much

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 4:23 pm

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Seve/Morgan
4. Idris
5. Simona
6. Moses
7. Brooks

I have no idea what the appeal of Morgan is. He looks slow and impactless to me. I'd much rather have Patty. As the tele said the other day:

"Morgan has struggled to assert himself on the wing with his lack of speed and finishing ability inhibiting several prime try scoring chances against the Dragons. Some fresh blood on the right wing could be just what the Eels need to regain some attacking balance."

I would take a gamble on Idris if Penrith were paying part his wage.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 5:53 pm

The beauty of Idris is of he doesn't work out on the centre's he could still do a job as an edge backrower either starting or off the bench
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 6:50 pm

Massive NO to Idris. He is a lump of a human, who seems to have a non existant work ethic.

I wouldnt sign any of the 3 mentioned to be honest. Wingers are the one position of the field you can afford to carry a rookie. We need to have a blinkered focus on props and quality centres, the quality centres are few and far between and I doubt will be a next season fix. We shouldnt compromise on quality here. Idris isnt quality, he is a gamble.

Between Nofa, Simona and Seve who has to be getting close to ready, thats the centres covered as well as what is on offer in the market at the moment could do. There is also tonnes of wingers out there, as well as up and coming wingers who wouldnt be chasing Topous coin with the benefit of having the ticker he is sorely missing.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 7:13 pm

Great info. Are there two loaded comments or am I reading too much into them.

1. The club is under the cap this year with further savings at the end of the year.
Players under contract to leave?

2. Reference to Robbie Farah's of field skills in 2017 - a suggestion?

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 7:55 pm

magpiecol wrote:Wow, everyone is a selector!

No fewer than 16 different teams selected in the "pick your team against the Eels" section. However, everyone disagrees with the official team. Go figure.
They are not alone, as the club's coaches and players don't agree with the official team either. Go figure.