Referrees....

Telltails
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: Referrees....

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 10:53 pm

We were never a hope with Badger as the ref. What will be done about it - Jack Squat! Anyone who still thinks refs dont influence the outcome of games in this competition is kidding themselves.

Bob Sacamano

Unread post by Bob Sacamano » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 10:55 pm

Trying to blame the refs is piss weak when we lose to the hapless Eels by 12 and we've lost what, 10 of the past 12?

This is on the players pure and simple.

However there are still things to hope for:
1) We avoid the spoon.
2) Youngsters improve.
3) The Dragons miss the 8.
4) Taylor does a clean out of the dead wood.

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:00 pm

I never blame the referees, and think they cop a bad wrap.
Tonight we were robbed. The refs killed us.

Mickeyboy
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Mickeyboy » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:03 pm

Please change the rule to the super 15's "Is there any reason I cannot award this a try" takes the video ref trying to not award or award out of the question

happy tiger
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:04 pm

Just bring back benefit of the doubt and don't go upstairs with try or no try

Mickeyboy
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Mickeyboy » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:06 pm

And gets rid of the must have a decision on field

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:08 pm

Just got home from the game and haven't had a chance to look at Badger's decisions as to whether we deserved to be caned the way we were but my feeling at the game was he smashed us and as a result our blokes had to fight against the eels lopsided percentage of ball and field position in the second half. Someone who watched it on TV may prove me wrong but at the game Badger ruined our chances.

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:11 pm

Sabre wrote:I'm becoming more and more convinced that in the next few years we will hear if a major inquiry into referees gambling on games. There's no other explanation for things like:
1) Disallowing Tedesco's try
2) Taking so long to award Richards' and seemingly looking for a reason to disallow it.
3) Neglecting to penalise the blatant late shot on Tedesco and only doing so after a second late shot on Cherrington.

I used to think it was just incompetence by the refs but it's gone way beyond that.
I am starting to wonder about this as well they are in an ideal position for such suggestions.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:12 pm

cunno wrote:Just got home from the game and haven't had a chance to look at Badger's decisions as to whether we deserved to be caned the way we were but my feeling at the game was he smashed us and as a result our blokes had to fight against the eels lopsided percentage of ball and field position in the second half. Someone who watched it on TV may prove me wrong but at the game Badger ruined our chances.
You're a trooper cunno, braving a cold night to go and watch that demoralizing defeat.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

oldvic

Unread post by oldvic » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:14 pm

The blatant bias tonight by BADGER against the tigers , was amongst the worst examples of refereeing I have ever witnessed , I very seldom bag ref's , they've got a hard job at any time , BUT , BADGER proved tonight that REF"S DO bet on games , IF he get's A 1st grade game next week , Then the whole game stink's , It was an absolute disgrace , this game should be investigated by the NRL .

NJLM78
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by NJLM78 » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:26 pm

In professional sport, or any sport for that matter, no team should be penalised on a 3:1 ratio. Some were definitely penalties. that is part of the game, but many were not. It takes away from the game as a contest. I was sitting near some Parramatta fans who were even shaking their head in stunned bewilderment during the second half, that they were consistently having those 50/50 calls go their way or blatant knock-ons that resulted in Parramatta gaining another 30m territory down field.

Telltails
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by Telltails » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 12:04 am

Bob Sacamano wrote:Trying to blame the refs is piss weak when we lose to the hapless Eels by 12 and we've lost what, 10 of the past 12?

This is on the players pure and simple.

However there are still things to hope for:
1) We avoid the spoon.
2) Youngsters improve.
3) The Dragons miss the 8.
4) Taylor does a clean out of the dead wood.
16 -12 at half time 4-2 penalty count to the Eels. 8-2 penalty count Eels in the second half - and you think the refereeing decisions didnt influence the outcome of that game. Regardless of how you rate the Eels you are meant to be adjudicated fairly under the guise of the rules in an effort to win against the opposing team. That did not happen tonight.

Fumbles

Unread post by Fumbles » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 1:14 am

The last time we won a penalty count with The badge refereeing was July 19th 2013 v Warriors

TigerLife

Unread post by TigerLife » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 4:57 am

Most one-sided refereeing i have ever seen... the 4 penalties that we actually did get were so blatantly obvious that badger had to give them.

I barely heard shorthall's whistle the whole game... it was all badgers!!! Almost every penalty against us...
That can't be a coincidence, surely?
I wish every Nrl fan saw this game... absolutely disgraceful refereeing!!!

I was a disbeliever before... but there is something going on in refereeing behind the scenes that is as corupt as corruption gets

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.4

TigerLife

Unread post by TigerLife » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 5:01 am

How come there is no integrity unit for referees?

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.4

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 6:37 am

Flippedy wrote:
cunno wrote:Just got home from the game and haven't had a chance to look at Badger's decisions as to whether we deserved to be caned the way we were but my feeling at the game was he smashed us and as a result our blokes had to fight against the eels lopsided percentage of ball and field position in the second half. Someone who watched it on TV may prove me wrong but at the game Badger ruined our chances.
You're a trooper cunno, braving a cold night to go and watch that demoralizing defeat.
Flip I can handle our team being beaten fair and square but that performance of referreeing last night further hits our team and fans.

coopy

Unread post by coopy » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 7:36 am

I was out there and the most infuriating thing was either the field position or the lateness in the tackle count that the penalties were given.

There were some rally soft penalties when we had then down on their line and they were gifted 30 metres and I don't how many times Parra were given a fourth tackke penalty.

It did seem like there were things at play there tonight that need some investigating.

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 7:45 am

The performance by all the officials was an absolute disgrace and it really is hard not to believe that the refs deliberately come down on the Tigers. Actually, what's really clear it that they cane the lower teams in general and favour the top sides. We were robbed last night and the there is no doubt that the best team lost. I feel sorry for Tedesco, who alone, deserves better....

Return to “Round 17: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”