Teddy

TJL

Re: Teddy

Post by TJL » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:05 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if both Teddy and Kapow asked for early releases. They are the only two having a go.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:35 pm

Teddy is a STAR.. We just need the rest to shine!

tiger pom

Post by tiger pom » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 12:07 am

This year has been desperate but how much worse it would have been if Teddy was in Canberra.I cant help but wonder how much he regrets his decision to stay.Thank heavens he did!

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 1:01 am

Our superstar FB, certainly deserves any money we pay him, our best FB since Hodgson by billion miles.

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 1:05 am

tiger pom wrote:This year has been desperate but how much worse it would have been if Teddy was in Canberra.I cant help but wonder how much he regrets his decision to stay.Thank heavens he did!
I don't think he regrets it all. The person that wanted him gone has now been shown the door.
He seems to be responding well to Taylor's coaching, his injury free and playing the best footy of his life besides not winning he looks happy to me.

stevied

Post by stevied » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 9:37 am

tottie wrote:If we dont have tedesco we are not close to winning one game this yr and i feel so sorry for him that he knocked back money to stay with us to be watching the raiders develop while we stagnate and cry future ability.

Galloway is the slowest, lumbering waste of time prop in the comp, halatau is not damaging in any way and lawrence is solid at best and yet these guys are the ones to oversee the potential that we are praying we will see!!! We are getting nothing close to the leadership we are told they provide and are better off putting other kids in and then we can legitimately say we are a bunch of kids and see how we go because these senior players (less richards) are not adding value.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Now hang on Tottie, I don't agree regarding Halatau. he had a very strong game last night and was probably the Tigers most effective forward, along with Taupau. I also think that he is a good leader with his effort, experience and steady personality. However, you are dead right regarding Galloway. He is definitely passed it and far from being a leader amongst the forwards. He is the consumate plodder whereas our forward leader in Woods' absence is Tauapau.It's patently obvious that we need more fire and brimstone in the pack. We just need to clone Marty...
TEDESCO IS A DEAD SET CHAMPION and, bias aside, probably the form fullback in the comp. He has everything you would want in a custodian, the main ingredient being real ticker!!

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 10:10 am

tottie wrote:he knocked back money to stay with us to be watching the raiders develop
Turn it up, they are barely better than we are. They have 6 wins total and are coached by Sticky Ruart.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 10:11 am

TJL wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if both Teddy and Kapow asked for early releases. They are the only two having a go.
You ever heard of a footballer ask for an early release because his team doesn't win enough? What a silly comment.

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 12:36 pm

jirskyr wrote:
TJL wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if both Teddy and Kapow asked for early releases. They are the only two having a go.
You ever heard of a footballer ask for an early release because his team doesn't win enough? What a silly comment.
Exactly
And if they did I would tell them what we should tell others
You have a contract. Head down bum up and work for something - nothing comes easy

----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 1:00 pm

Top class performance from Teddy last night ........ to think we were so close to losing him under Mayer. He really is a shining light ....... it was worth going last night just to see him play.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 2:54 pm

He was head and shoulders above everyone else out there tonight. Though I wish he'd had put one on Sandow's chin when he tackled him for the first time in about 12 attempts in the 78th minute and started flexing and hollering.

Form fullback of the comp, we're definitely lucky to have him.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 7:24 am

Fumbles wrote:
tiger pom wrote:This year has been desperate but how much worse it would have been if Teddy was in Canberra.I cant help but wonder how much he regrets his decision to stay.Thank heavens he did!
I don't think he regrets it all. The person that wanted him gone has now been shown the door.
He seems to be responding well to Taylor's coaching, his injury free and playing the best footy of his life besides not winning he looks happy to me.
Who supposedly is this person who wanted Teddy gone.....Potter or Mayer?Really not sure why either would have not wanted him at our club.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 7:48 am

VanillaThunder wrote:Form fullback of the comp, we're definitely lucky to have him.
Based on that form he really is up there as one of the best if not the best fullback in the comp. Its a position with a tonne of great players as well.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 7:53 am

I'm not sure if he is the best FB in the comp, but he is definitely the most exciting.

His freakish ability reminds me of Benji. Benji was never the greatest 5/8, but he sure had crowds on their feet.

I cant wait to see Teddy play behind a structured forward pack that takes a team down field.

"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 9:11 am

They are all having a go, its just that some, or should I say most are way out of their class at NRL level. You can not enter a donkey in the Melbourne cup and expect to win it although it probably would go the distance. Teddy and Tapau are most defiantly class players

barra

Post by barra » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 11:11 am

So the NRL 'Five Key Points' news report on the game says the following;

"Tedesco denied but stars anyway
"... He set up his side's second and third tries with some brilliant running, kicking and evasiveness although it wasn't enough to earn the win, denying him a likely Man of the Match award."

So they didn't give him the MOM award because he's on the losing team? It's called Man of the Match for a reason people... I know it's a bit unusual, but hey, if you're best on the field, you're the best on the field regardless of which team you are playing for!

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 11:42 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Fumbles wrote:
Who supposedly is this person who wanted Teddy gone.....Potter or Mayer?Really not sure why either would have not wanted him at our club.
I have no idea why either possibly some thing to do with getting McDonnell's son the No1 but It was Mayer of course Potter had no say in any recruitment

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 12:14 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Fumbles wrote:
Mayer lacked professionalism during the Tedesco contract fiasco

One example I can give was that someone rang Mayer with a question (after Mayer saying that they could call at any time during the negotiating with any questions ) and he never even returned the call

When the same person rang with the same question for Canberra , Ricky Stuart was on the phone within 5 minutes late in the evening