GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Re: You deserve what you get

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 10:42 pm

Eddie wrote:Since Potter gate after the Dogs game we are

6 wins

18 losses

that is wooden spoon form, and that is what we will be collecting at the end of the year. A big congrats to Mayer, the board, taylor and the players for delivering the spoon for the first time.
Its only the beginning. Who have we added for next yr? *crickets*

This is the start of some dark days. Yeah, we've seen plenty over the yrs, but at least we've always had the mild consolation that we never ended up with the spoon. In a few weeks we won't even have that consolation anymore

There's no way this team will make any ground next yr. Look at a few other sides rooted to the bottom of the ladder and look who they have already recruited next yr.

Newcastle - Trent Hodkinson

Sharks - James Maloney

Parra - Keiran Foran and Beau Scott

Raiders - Aiden Sezer

Manly - Nate Myles and Lewis Brown

Then look at us. How does a team that comes last who does not recruit make any ground the yr after? Who knows, we might splash out and sign Matt Groat and Dean Collis from group 6.

This club is in the grand final for worst run club in the country.

hobbo
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 83 times

Unread post by hobbo » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 10:49 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Eddie wrote:Since Potter gate after the Dogs game we are

6 wins

18 losses

that is wooden spoon form, and that is what we will be collecting at the end of the year. A big congrats to Mayer, the board, taylor and the players for delivering the spoon for the first time.
Its only the beginning. Who have we added for next yr? *crickets*

This is the start of some dark days. Yeah, we've seen plenty over the yrs, but at least we've always had the mild consolation that we never ended up with the spoon. In a few weeks we won't even have that consolation anymore

There's no way this team will make any ground next yr. Look at a few other sides rooted to the bottom of the ladder and look who they have already recruited next yr.

Newcastle - Trent Hodkinson

Sharks - James Maloney

Parra - Keiran Foran and Beau Scott

Raiders - Aiden Sezer

Manly - Nate Myles and Lewis Brown

Then look at us. How does a team that comes last who does not recruit make any ground the yr after? Who knows, we might splash out and sign Matt Groat and Dean Collis from group 6.

This club is in the grand final for worst run club in the country.
Add to that the decline in memberships next season .
We're really on a hiding to nothing next year !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

tigerbalm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by tigerbalm » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 10:51 pm

I don't deserve this!

I liked potter.

I liked Taylor actually.

Now I like no one.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 12:55 am

tigerbalm wrote:I don't deserve this!

I liked potter.

I liked Taylor actually.

Now I like no one.

GOLD!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

magpiecol
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 4:59 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Newtown wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Who deserves it?

The players and board I think mate.....
As they will continue to be paid no matter what the results I am tempted to think that many of these couldn't care less.
Farah, Woods and Siro are already crying on Twitter about the refereeing tonight. Embarrassing. Embarrassing cos at no other club would players take to social media to whinge about a ref like a supporter. This club will never ever grow up. The only thing that will save this club is a Wayne Bennett coming in and totally wiping the culture clean. As it is now, its poison. I thought it would change after Marshall left, but it goes far far deeper than him.

Boy are you one hate filled person!!!

Get back on your meds and leave your bile off this forum.

Get it through your thick skull that Potter was hopeless and everyone with half a brain knows that it will take three years to turn this club around. So either get with the majority of us who are willing to wait and support the club through this difficult period or go follow another club. Please.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by formerguest » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 5:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:Bennetts not stupid, good coaches are good because they know where to go and where not to go
Yep, and Newcastle was a good paying pit stop on his way back north. As captain of that ship, he also took to the lifeboat before it struck the iceberg, leaving the crew and passengers to fend for themselves.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 187 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 5:45 pm

LOL...the ironyl col

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by formerguest » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 5:58 pm

magpiecol wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Farah, Woods and Siro are already crying on Twitter about the refereeing tonight. Embarrassing. Embarrassing cos at no other club would players take to social media

Get it through your thick skull that Potter was hopeless and everyone with half a brain knows that it will take three years to turn this club around. So either get with the majority of us who are willing to wait and support the club through this difficult period or go follow another club. Please.
Three years is a long time. Some of those wih a full brain on here think a decent coach should be able to turn things around in around half that.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 6:20 pm

magpiecol wrote:Boy are you one hate filled person!!!

I'm not that hate filled, cmon now.

You're one of my favourite posters Col. You're like the old uncle at the dinner table who rambles on about what things were like in their day. Love you're work.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 7:13 pm

magpiecol wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Newtown wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:

The players and board I think mate.....
As they will continue to be paid no matter what the results I am tempted to think that many of these couldn't care less.
Farah, Woods and Siro are already crying on Twitter about the refereeing tonight. Embarrassing. Embarrassing cos at no other club would players take to social media to whinge about a ref like a supporter. This club will never ever grow up. The only thing that will save this club is a Wayne Bennett coming in and totally wiping the culture clean. As it is now, its poison. I thought it would change after Marshall left, but it goes far far deeper than him.

How much longer are we meant to wait before we're competitive again, let alone premiership contenders Col? This place has lurched from failure to failure since 2005.

You'd think winning a premiership would ensure we'd have attracted some talent to continue the winning ways, but even then we still could attract anyone half decent to the club. This place has been grossly mismanaged for years and most of us are jack of it.
John Wayne would never use a surge protector!

Fuerza en la adversidad.

jirskyr
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 110 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 11:03 am

I'm sorry is this a thread about how Potter should not have been sacked, and all the tumult this year is a direct cause of that sacking?

I'm not saying I wanted Potter gone, but the dude won 17 out of 48 (35%) in his two years. It's hardly inspiring and you don't know if he would have done better with another year.

We also don't know all the off-field stuff that contributed to him not being renewed. There may have been other KPIs, not just results on field, where he was found deficient.

Fumbles

Unread post by Fumbles » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 12:07 pm

From what I have heard the young players didn't have a problem with Potter. My understanding was it was Mayer and Farah who wanted him gone and they both blamed other people when it happened.
Did we ever see The Smith report ? I would love to know why Mayer was Sacked.

Return to “Round 17: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”