Press conference

willow

Press conference

Post by willow » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 10:23 pm

http://www.nrl.com/rd-17-press-conferen ... fault.aspx

Taylor happy with the performance...

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 10:38 pm

Sounded like a man pleading to keep his job.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 10:44 pm

That link didn't work. I think this is correct:- http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015 ... e_nrl.html

He honestly doesn't seem to care that the club is going backwards and he is so delusional. The training and attitude are good. Plus he has the support of the board.

The thing that gets me is the club has gone backwards under Taylor.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 10:50 pm

Wish someone would have the nuts to ask him if he believes the side is in a better position now than this time 12 months ago after the Bulldogs game.

I think his response would be pretty similar to this

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 10:59 pm

stevetiger wrote:That link didn't work. I think this is correct:- http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015 ... e_nrl.html

He honestly doesn't seem to care that the club is going backwards and he is so delusional. The training and attitude are good. Plus he has the support of the board.

The thing that gets me is the club has gone backwards under Taylor.
His contract must be set in granite , the blokes a tool !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

TJL

Post by TJL » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 10:59 pm

The pasty-faced scarecrow deserves this - Image

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:01 pm

TJL wrote:The pasty-faced scarecrow deserves this - [img]http://www.bluetea.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/wooden-spoon.png[/img]
I'll be happy to hand deliver it to Mr Pasty !

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Bob Sacamano

Post by Bob Sacamano » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:14 pm

Sometimes you have to go backwards before you can go forwards.

I think this has to happen at the Tigers. We've been treading water for years under "Teflon" Tim Sheens and (the unlucky) Potter, so maybe hitting rock bottom is the only thing that can effect the change we want.

We'll see I suppose, but to be honest I can hack the losing if it causes real change at the end of it.

TJL

Post by TJL » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:15 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
TJL wrote:The pasty-faced scarecrow deserves this - [img]http://www.bluetea.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/wooden-spoon.png[/img]
I'll be happy to hand deliver it to Mr Pasty !

Don't worry even though I live in WA I will send one to JT via the club to show him how much of an incompetent wanker he is. He was a top player when he played for Wests but as a coach the results speak for themself.

Westie

Post by Westie » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:20 pm

this was JT's chance to show his players how to man up, clearly Badger "needs to be investigated"
except he shows us that he has hasn't got any and then he expects his team to man up...

come one what a shame.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 11:13 am

JT is no tiger his a pussy cat. Dead set give it to them.And he was happy with that performance, his nuts we are coming last.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 11:41 am

Look, it's always easy to pick up the nearest stick and bash the coach with it but, in the last off season, most on here accepted the club's view that this year would be one of getting the youngsters some NRL experience and even though we may run last, there are some good signs; our defence is a work in progress but, so far, we haven't put that together for 80 minutes (the Souths game being the exception).

I agree with JT that you will never play finals footy if you have the worst defence in the NRL and we have had this dubious honour for too many years. The coaching is not to blame here and if you look at the Souths game, that is what the coaching staff are looking for and what they are trying to teach. The halves are missing too many tackles but it would be wrong of the coach to undermine their confidence by blasting their efforts.

We need to have patience this year BUT next year the club will want to see this side in the top eight and if not, JT may well get the chop. When I say "the club" I mean the board.

As for last night, we went in without Farah and Woods, a half making his NRL debut for us and two rookies replacing our first choice centres, so IMO, we were very scrappy in patches but the effort was good and we might have won if not for that horrendous penalty count in the second half.

Eelsboy73

Post by Eelsboy73 » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi. This is my first time on this forum. I'm an Eels fan and after watching Taylor's presser last night I wanted to see the reaction of the Tigers fans.

Please be sure... I'm not on here to be a pest or to gloat about the Eels win. I thought the win was ugly and for most of the game the Tigers were the better team. It wasn't until about the 75th minute that I actually felt like cheering for my team. I'm happy to admit that you guys were hard done by with a number of loose carries that were given as penalties. I thought Naiqama and Tedesco looked unstoppable in the first half and Radradra looked pretty ordinary.

I watched Taylor's press conference thinking that he very nearly became Parramatta's coach. Now we have Brad Arthur and I hope he becomes a long serving coach of the Eels.
I was happy with JT in 2001 and sad that he didn't win a premiership. He did a great job as caretaker when Brian Smith left and he did some good things as an assistant at the Roosters.

I wouldn't have been happy as a Tigers fan after listening to him last night. Do you guys see him as a good coach and the man to take you forward? If not Taylor, who would you like to see step in? I noticed David Kidwell in the coach's box last night. Is he rated as a better candidate?

Thanks for letting me drop in on your site. From the comments I've read, you guys seem like a decent bunch. You're passionate like us Eels fans and you want your team to succeed.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 1:32 pm

Eelsboy73 wrote:Hi. This is my first time on this forum. I'm an Eels fan and after watching Taylor's presser last night I wanted to see the reaction of the Tigers fans.

Please be sure... I'm not on here to be a pest or to gloat about the Eels win. I thought the win was ugly and for most of the game the Tigers were the better team. It wasn't until about the 75th minute that I actually felt like cheering for my team. I'm happy to admit that you guys were hard done by with a number of loose carries that were given as penalties. I thought Naiqama and Tedesco looked unstoppable in the first half and Radradra looked pretty ordinary.

I watched Taylor's press conference thinking that he very nearly became Parramatta's coach. Now we have Brad Arthur and I hope he becomes a long serving coach of the Eels.
I was happy with JT in 2001 and sad that he didn't win a premiership. He did a great job as caretaker when Brian Smith left and he did some good things as an assistant at the Roosters.

I wouldn't have been happy as a Tigers fan after listening to him last night. Do you guys see him as a good coach and the man to take you forward? If not Taylor, who would you like to see step in? I noticed David Kidwell in the coach's box last night. Is he rated as a better candidate?

Thanks for letting me drop in on your site. From the comments I've read, you guys seem like a decent bunch. You're passionate like us Eels fans and you want your team to succeed.
Eelsboy you'll certainly get a smorgasboard of coaching nominations from us lot, complete with quite a few who worship JT.

Oops sorry mate a slip of the tongue there, certainly not a reference to your Jesus-guy.

Personally I rate JT no better than any other coach we have had. He will do the best he can with what he's got. Which isn't much at this time. The thing is JT's mantra has been we need to improve our defence out of sight to be competitive - as if he's the only coach who's thought of it.

Anyway we are all pretty ordinary folk on here with 2 x bobs worth each to say. Welcome (so long as you don't stir the pot)

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

ryanda01

Post by ryanda01 » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 2:43 pm

Eelsboy73 wrote:Hi. This is my first time on this forum. I'm an Eels fan and after watching Taylor's presser last night I wanted to see the reaction of the Tigers fans.

Most of the guys on here are decent. Most.... you know who you are.

And yes; to CQ's point, there is no shortage of 'suggestions' on what options we have for coaches. All boils down to contract length, past experiences with coaches, and a combination of inherited issues, both at a board and personnel perspective.

And re: Naiqama, think your mob summed it up best.
http://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/ke ... son-taylor

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 5:06 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Wish someone would have the nuts to ask him if he believes the side is in a better position now than this time 12 months ago after the Bulldogs game.

I think his response would be pretty similar to this

Possibly, but I enjoyed re watching the clip, so thanks.