Lovett

Russell

Re: Lovett

Post by Russell » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 10:26 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:I will never accept that Akauola is not a better player with more to offer.

Lovett is a Taylor made product.
Don't rate him TITG - I'd be shopping him around.

BornBlack&Gold

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 10:33 pm

Yeah not his fault he isn't a world beater. Tries hard and yes if we had good quality back rowers he wouldn't be in first grade.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 10:35 pm

[quote="MightyTiger"]I think the bigger issue is why Taylor persists with Santi on the bench, he offers absolutely nothing! Makes no metres, gets dominated in tackles and as a result you get slow play the balls. I would of thought Lodge, Akaoula, Liolavave or Funaki would at least offer some aggresion and impact of the bench even if they only get 15 minutes.[/quote

I thought Santi was going to be better than he's shown so far, is pretty ineffectual.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 10:39 pm

It was a good play from Parra ...Lovett was caught in no man's land...sometimes you have to give the opposition credit when they execute well...but yeah lets just bag a kid instead...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 10:47 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
MightyTiger wrote:I think the bigger issue is why Taylor persists with Santi on the bench, he offers absolutely nothing! Makes no metres, gets dominated in tackles and as a result you get slow play the balls. I would of thought Lodge, Akaoula, Liolavave or Funaki would at least offer some aggresion and impact of the bench even if they only get 15 minutes.[/quote

I thought Santi was going to be better than he's shown so far, is pretty ineffectual.
Yes go forward wise he struggles , but I reckon our middle third defence improves when he is on

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 11:06 pm

If you want to talk to about inept players that should be nowhere near fg, Santi is your man, he offers very little, again he tries hard but ill take Lovett everyday ahead of him. Nothing personal, but Santi has to be up there with the most ordinary and most lucky to ever play first grade.

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 12:14 am

He seems to lack confidence - a bit dazed and confused at times - but then clicks in and has a go

Sort that he should be ok

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 7:04 am

What's wrong with a second row of Sue and Lawrence ?

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 7:14 am

I reckon Sue should be in the middle. He looks great there.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 8:49 am

Missing tackles is not restricted to one player in this team. I think he actually went okay and is getting better at his trade. He ran hard and tackled with plenty of feeling. I think this time next year he could be a handy back rower. First season in the NRL and probably promoted before his time, I would not be writing him off yet

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 10:13 am

Te thing is Santi is being played effectively as another prop (a lock who pays up the guts). Santi is more of a back rower and should be able to run wide as metre eating isn't what he does best.

He also only gets about 15 mins a game so of course his stats would be less than an 80 minute player FFS.

Lovett makes tackles but they are not dominant and often ineffective. The way he got stepped after being caught out of position by Norman was embarrassing.

I think if Santi was played 80 minutes in the back row he'd have over 40 tackles a game and a dozen hit ups too. Neither Lovett or Santi are line breakers though, but Santi has more size and skill.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 10:27 am

I think ur bang on BB...

I always thought Santi was a better prospect,he is just being used completely wrong.

And Ava looked ordinary when he was getting 15 mins a game too.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 10:49 am

Geo. wrote:It was a good play from Parra ...Lovett was caught in no man's land...sometimes you have to give the opposition credit when they execute well...but yeah lets just bag a kid instead...
Yes, it was the pathetic line speed on the play before that allowed Parra to run that play. It was 3 on 2 an Lovett was caught marking both the decoy and ball runner. Was always going to be a try.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 1:49 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:Te thing is Santi is being played effectively as another prop (a lock who pays up the guts). Santi is more of a back rower and should be able to run wide as metre eating isn't what he does best.

He also only gets about 15 mins a game so of course his stats would be less than an 80 minute player FFS.

Lovett makes tackles but they are not dominant and often ineffective. The way he got stepped after being caught out of position by Norman was embarrassing.

I think if Santi was played 80 minutes in the back row he'd have over 40 tackles a game and a dozen hit ups too. Neither Lovett or Santi are line breakers though, but Santi has more size and skill.

I'd move Sue back to the right edge & Lovett, Santi & Buchanan back to NSW Cup. Lodge to the prop rotation with Ava. Halatau & Cherrington to take the other bench spots.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 1:54 pm

TIGER wrote:If you want to talk to about inept players that should be nowhere near fg, Santi is your man, he offers very little, again he tries hard but ill take Lovett everyday ahead of him. Nothing personal, but Santi has to be up there with the most ordinary and most lucky to ever play first grade.
Santi is the second coming of Shaun Spence and Lovett isn't much better.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 2:00 pm

There should be a ban on his facebook, instagram, twitter accounts. Same applies for KG; Sirro Jnr and Lodge. The crap that they post on there really makes you wonder...

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 2:48 pm

simonthetiger wrote:I think ur bang on BB...

I always thought Santi was a better prospect,he is just being used completely wrong.

And Ava looked ordinary when he was getting 15 mins a game too.
I agree, still think Santi deserves more chances, at laest as much Lovett was given.

Players that are victims of poor selection process are Fine, Akauola and Funaki. :(

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 2:50 pm

alexaki wrote:What's wrong with a second row of Sue and Lawrence ?

Buchannen in the pack... its the only thing wrong with it I can see. I have always thought we should be looking for props rather than backrowers, unless the thought process is a lock swap between Sue and Tapau, though I see having them both on the park at the same time bringing alot of physicality. Let them feed off each other.