Gavin Badger petition

westy81

Gavin Badger petition

Post by westy81 » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 3:11 pm

stryker wrote:I find it funny that people actually believe that a first grade referee would purposefully sabotage a club - not once but every time he refs us...It got me thinking, is there something about him I dont know?

Is it possible he:
- once trialled for either Wests or Balmain as a player and was cheated out of a contract?
- is a shocking gambler who rode us during the Benji years and done his arse?
- has a disgust of the colour combination black, gold and white?
- loves to jog in the spring and is constantly swooped by magpies?
- had his friend request rejected by Robbie Farah?
- has no respect for the band Survivor?
- once lived in India and saw tigers do bad things?
- got punched out by Laurie Nichols when he was a whipper snapper?
- is no fan of the wiggles?
- finds our style of attack arrogant?
- thinks Dawn's an old racist?
- has enormous difficulty spelling Leichhardt?
- thinks Woodsy needs a hair cut?

Any or all or none of the above could be true and I doubt it would make a difference. He is a professional elite leveled referee. The truth is he is a whistle happy fellow with slight inferiority complexes - he likes to stamp his authority on a game.

Our poor defensive capabilities and structures ensures we give him ample opportunity to flex his muscles. We do this by:
- having non aggressive defenders who regularly fail to perform dominant tackles
- being hopeless at wrestling opponents
- having poor line speed
- regularly failing to control offloads
These four things combine to ensure we often fail to control the ruck, meaning our only respite is to slow it down by either giving away holding penalties or attacking the ball inviting the chance of stripping penalty.

On top of this we are hopeless at defending aerial attacks which promotes off side plays and penalty for taking out attackers. Lastly, our playmakers all like playing at the line which highly increases your chances of throwing a forward pass under speed and pressure.

In summary, is it more likely Badger hates us for the possible reasons mentioned above or just that we simply offer him far too many opportunities to be a [automatically edited]?
It's happened before that a ref hated a certain team, don't you remember bill Harriman in 2002 sin binning 3 parramatta players in 1 game, and a while after he came out and said he hated parramatta

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 3:19 pm

Remember the game, don't remember his admission though.

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 3:56 pm

of course the team is poorly placed and blaming the referee can be a diversion.

but i need it explained to me why tedesco's first try was disallowed.

being a poorly performed team and also being origin week meant the game received little attention.

the only story i saw was the performance of semi trailer on the wing.

i did see badger shake hands with the captain dene halatau.

it would have made me feel better if halatau had have called him a cheat or taylor had of showed some spirit and verballed him.

of course its only a game but i dislike injustice.

and theres always next game .

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 7:43 pm

stryker wrote:I find it funny that people actually believe that a first grade referee would purposefully sabotage a club - not once but every time he refs us...It got me thinking, is there something about him I dont know?

Is it possible he:
- once trialled for either Wests or Balmain as a player and was cheated out of a contract?
- is a shocking gambler who rode us during the Benji years and done his arse?
- has a disgust of the colour combination black, gold and white?
- loves to jog in the spring and is constantly swooped by magpies?
- had his friend request rejected by Robbie Farah?
- has no respect for the band Survivor?
- once lived in India and saw tigers do bad things?
- got punched out by Laurie Nichols when he was a whipper snapper?
- is no fan of the wiggles?
- finds our style of attack arrogant?
- thinks Dawn's an old racist?
- has enormous difficulty spelling Leichhardt?
- thinks Woodsy needs a hair cut?

Any or all or none of the above could be true and I doubt it would make a difference. He is a professional elite leveled referee. The truth is he is a whistle happy fellow with slight inferiority complexes - he likes to stamp his authority on a game.

Our poor defensive capabilities and structures ensures we give him ample opportunity to flex his muscles. We do this by:
- having non aggressive defenders who regularly fail to perform dominant tackles
- being hopeless at wrestling opponents
- having poor line speed
- regularly failing to control offloads
These four things combine to ensure we often fail to control the ruck, meaning our only respite is to slow it down by either giving away holding penalties or attacking the ball inviting the chance of stripping penalty.

On top of this we are hopeless at defending aerial attacks which promotes off side plays and penalty for taking out attackers. Lastly, our playmakers all like playing at the line which highly increases your chances of throwing a forward pass under speed and pressure.

In summary, is it more likely Badger hates us for the possible reasons mentioned above or just that we simply offer him far too many opportunities to be a [automatically edited]?
All that maybe true Stryker - Probably is.

We may lay too long in the PTB etc.

All I am asking is he penalises both sides for the same offences. HE DOES NOT!!

E.g. Against Penrith - they were off side 90% of the game. Mansour in particular.
Players alongside of him in the play the ball - correction 2 metres in front of him.

From memory 2 penalties for offside, maybe 3.
Could have pinged them every PTB.

Is he a cheat or just totally incompetent? No one could be that bad. So....?

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 8:08 pm

You are serious?
I am friends with an ex NSWRL ref from the 80's who tells me they quite often penalise teams or ref them "harder" because they either:
Don't like a player
Don't like a coach
Don't like an official
Don't like a team, suburb
Etc etc etc

Don't fool yourself that any so called "professional" couldn't and wouldn't hold a grudge for any of the above reasons or others......they are human after all

----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 8:29 pm

Lol come on man, don't compare the refs of today to the scoundrels 30 years ago.

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 9:21 pm

stryker wrote:Lol come on man, don't compare the refs of today to the scoundrels 30 years ago.
Cause you can. I obviously wasn't clear , when he said "they" he meant refs today as well. He is still involved in the association.

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 9:47 pm

I call BS.

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 10:09 pm

stryker wrote:I call BS.
Cool
Call whatever you want.
Live in your bubble

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 7:38 pm

It's not just the actual penalty counts. You can even win the count but still get screwed by the refs. They know how to work it. Give the team they want to win penalties on 3rd, 4th or 5th tackles and give the team they want to lose penalties on the 1st or 2nd tackle. Trust me it's huge. Also throwing in 3 penalties in a row at the end to even the count up once the game is lost is a common smother too. Forget the stats look at the circumstances. The rorts are huge and rife in the NRL
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 9:34 pm

king sirro wrote:It's not just the actual penalty counts. You can even win the count but still get screwed by the refs. They know how to work it. Give the team they want to win penalties on 3rd, 4th or 5th tackles and give the team they want to lose penalties on the 1st or 2nd tackle. Trust me it's huge. Also throwing in 3 penalties in a row at the end to even the count up once the game is lost is a common smother too. Forget the stats look at the circumstances. The rorts are huge and rife in the NRL
history repeats itself.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 12 Jul, 2015 12:25 am

Badge got Sunday Match of the day this week...so he couldn't be going to bad..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sun 12 Jul, 2015 8:17 pm

It's always easier to penalise teams like ours instead of the leading teams. He would never have the balls to penalise Cantebury 13-4 in front of their own fans no matter how justified .... Or Brisbane or Roosters ...etc

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Jul, 2015 8:37 pm

Knuckles wrote:It's always easier to penalise teams like ours instead of the leading teams. He would never have the balls to penalise Cantebury 13-4 in front of their own fans no matter how justified .... Or Brisbane or Roosters ...etc
Wasn't he the ref that blew the penalty against Graham that cost the Dogs the game on Easter Friday that started a riot? I don't think he suffers from lack of balls.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 12 Jul, 2015 8:38 pm

Knuckles wrote:It's always easier to penalise teams like ours instead of the leading teams. He would never have the balls to penalise Cantebury 13-4 in front of their own fans no matter how justified .... Or Brisbane or Roosters ...etc
Canterbury and Brisbane, probably no, Roosters yes. Remember they have been the most penalised team for the past couple of years now.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 12 Jul, 2015 8:57 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wasn't he the ref that blew the penalty against Graham that cost the Dogs the game on Easter Friday that started a riot? I don't think he suffers from lack of balls.
Gerard Sutton was the ref that day...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 12 Jul, 2015 9:14 pm

Geo. wrote:Badge got Sunday Match of the day this week...so he couldn't be going to bad..
When you follow the NRL edict you will get rewarded

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 12 Jul, 2015 9:16 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:Badge got Sunday Match of the day this week...so he couldn't be going to bad..
When you follow the NRL edict you will get rewarded
So will the Broncos next Sunday !

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !