Adam Blair says Broncos professionalism helped him find his best form

stevetiger

Re: Adam Blair says Broncos professionalism helped him find his best form

Unread post by stevetiger » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 6:27 pm

TIGER wrote:The alarming thing is, lots of players who leave our club go on to talk about how unprofessional we are
I think the alarming thing is how anyone listens to them. I don't believe for one minute that we are that unprofessional when it comes to our preparation. I admit JT has been really ordinary however I assume that he will improve and that he has been professional. I just think his game plans especially at the start of the year were terrible.

Nors05
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Nors05 » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 7:01 pm

Almost every player who has left our club have commented on how un-proffesional we are.

No wonder nobody wants to come here

Swordy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by Swordy » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 7:07 pm

One question. What the hell would this overated flop know about Wests Tigers? The club is nothing like when he was here. Its s*** like him that contributed to the joke we were and are now trying to rebuild. Thankfully, almost everything has changed since his time.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 18 Jul, 2015 8:09 am

stevetiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:He is speaking about previous management and coaching

And as we are all seeing now , this is true , we were a basket case

Amazing what a winning culture can do
You're a funny guy. We've improved so much on previous years haven't we ? Or have we gone backwards ?

As for Blair's comments. Its just a load of palava.
In answer to your question, yes we have gone backwards , both on and off the field
Anyone with they're eyes open can't deny that.
We are still a soft team, we are broke,
we have about half a team of first graders( and that's being optimistic)
we are likely for our first ever Wooden spoon.
we can't buy players for an impossible to accurately predict period of time.
Apart from that we are allgood to go

greatodensraven
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Sat 18 Jul, 2015 9:25 am

jirskyr wrote:Gotta love Woodsie's comments re Blair in today's SMH:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... idu6a.html
The clash marks the first time Adam Blair will face the Tigers since being released from the final year of his contract during the preseason. The former Kiwi forward said the main difference between life at Concord and Red Hill was the increased level of "professionalism" up north.

Told about the comment, Woods - who is in contention to become the first prop in history to win the Dally M Medal - said: "Ah Blairy. No one is really worried about him, we're just worried about our job. He will be one of the players to watch for us knowing, when he was here and played against Melbourne, it was one of his better games playing against his old club.

"If he didn't prepare well, that's probably up to him. The standards we've got here are really high that we set for ourselves. We've got a new coach now, there's a lot of change since he was here. That's his opinion, good luck to him."

Nice one Woodsy. I'm sure I've read articles from when Blair was here & him saying how hard the team was training, working together etc. Comments just hold more weight when you're at the top of the ladder.

Eddie
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sat 18 Jul, 2015 11:16 am

I don't respect the comments coming from Blair, doesn't mean there is no truth to it.

The guys is the same old useless player at Broncos, surrounded by good players and a winning coach. Taking a cheap shot at us is easy from the position they are in.

I hope someone belts the living daylights out of him.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 349 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 18 Jul, 2015 11:19 am

Was this the same Adam Blair tasked with brining the 'Storm Professionalism' to the Wests Tigers.....jog on Adam....It's and entirely new staff BTW..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sat 18 Jul, 2015 11:27 am

Every player that has ever moved on from our Club has always praised the Facilities of there knew Club as being a step ahead of us........old News.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 188 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 18 Jul, 2015 11:36 am

foreveratiger wrote:Every player that has ever moved on from our Club has always praised the Facilities of there knew Club as being a step ahead of us........old News.
As long as the club never does anything about the facilities i'd think its current news. I'd imagine walking out of this club and into the Broncos set up would be like walking out of Kansas and into Oz

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sat 18 Jul, 2015 11:51 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:Every player that has ever moved on from our Club has always praised the Facilities of there knew Club as being a step ahead of us........old News.
As long as the club never does anything about the facilities i'd think its current news. I'd imagine walking out of this club and into the Broncos set up would be like walking out of Kansas and into Oz
I'm sure our own Management would be aware that our Facilities are just not up to the standard of other Clubs.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 188 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 18 Jul, 2015 11:56 am

foreveratiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I'm sure our own Management would be aware that our Facilities are just not up to the standard of other Clubs.
I wouldn't put it past this our Management being aware of anything tbh. While i do agree, the story is old to us hearing about how ex players have it better when they go elsewhere, but when a player leaves, its always news to them and will be something worth pointing out. If we're aware and sick of hearing it, surely the club is.

jirskyr
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 124 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 2:49 pm

Typical Blair game that I saw. Nice few offloads when Broncos were on top, completely ironed out when trying to put a hit on Ava.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 4:53 pm

Yes he dropped off Ava and looked silly but at the end of the day he outplayed our pack and would have been in the running for MOM.

Sad but true.

Moh

Unread post by Moh » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 4:57 pm

Blair, terrible going forward, good when his team is going forward.

Return to “Round 19: Wests Tigers vs Broncos”