The good

Russell

Re: The good

Post by Russell » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 7:59 pm

He can't make the tackles for them.

Why doesn't the defensive coach cop any stick for all this.
Is Kidwell teaching Lovett to shirt grab and the others to miss their tackles.

Doing a good job if he is. If he id teaching defence he is the one that needs replacing.
Should have been replaced at the end of last year.

Put the blame where it should be I'd say.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 8:02 pm

Russell wrote:He can't make the tackles for them.

Believe it or not at the night with the coaches Kidwell singled Lovett out as being one of the clubs best defenders. God help us if this is true.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 8:04 pm

Doing a good job if he is. If he id teaching defence he is the one that needs replacing.
Should have been replaced at the end of last year.

Put the blame where it should be I'd say.
Do you realize how dumb you sound ? Why are you defending the guy ?

Didn't JT arrogantly state he was going to fix our defence ? Didn't he state it was all about structures ?

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 8:14 pm

fergiefurr wrote:

Believe it or not at the night with the coaches Kidwell singled Lovett out as being one of the clubs best defenders. God help us if this is true.

Did Kidwell explain his reasons for that belief, I would be very interested in what he is seeing so I can look for it.......... got me stumped

Sully

Post by Sully » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 8:16 pm

The score did not reflect the effort, whilst I would rather them try and get the attack flowing as we need to get them playing together.

Blood some younger guys for 2016 as this year is done.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 9:25 pm

Sully wrote:The score did not reflect the effort, whilst I would rather them try and get the attack flowing as we need to get them playing together.

Blood some younger guys for 2016 as this year is done.
Cant

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 9:45 pm

king sirro wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Brooks and Moses playing what they see....unrestricted and unstructured.
Surprise surprise

Yeh I think they looked relaxed and classy. I liked it. Hope Taylor sees it the same way.

I like having structure but in my eyes it's about having something to fall back on. Once a player sees something he should have the confidence to go away from the structure.

So I say keep the structure, just give the freedom to go away from it when the situation arrives.
I felt Cherrington was hooked to get Dene back out there to get back to JT's gameplan... Crazy bringing him off!

Our Spine in 2 years will be sensational.

Luke looked very good today and was doing a lot more talking off the ball than previous weeks. Hoping this continues.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 9:58 pm

Tedesco is the good for me. He is playing at a far superior level than anyone else in our squad.
The amount of effort plays he made today was unbelievable. It's such a shame he doesn't get the recognition he deserves because his team is down the bottom of the ladder.
Having a sensational year finally injury free.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 10:10 pm

Tedesco was everywhere today. Late in the 2nd he was the only Tiger to chase a bomb & tried to put a big hit on one of the Broncos to trap him in goal. You could see him struggling after that but then had to dash back to his own goal line to clean up a kick (that Kev wasn't back for mind you). This kind of play, although didn't lead to points shows to me that he is a champion.

Moses, Brooks & Cherrington were also great. Love it that they're starting to play what they see. Give them as much game time together as possible.

I thought Ava, Marty, Siro, Lawrence & Woods were also strong.

I think Lovett, Milone & Patty are a bit out of their depth. They seem to try hard but it's just not working. I'd like to see Sue replace Lovett, Nofo/Kev on the right & Seve/Simona on the left. Siro off the bench when Marty has a spell to play a roaming, ball-playing lock role.

I thought the boys really put in today but as a few have mentioned when we have a lapse in concentration (& this still happens at least half a dozen times a game) we get punished badly for it.

Favourite moment had to be Ava's hit-up knocking Blair over in the 2nd half. How's that for professionalism??!!

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 10:37 pm

Would like to see Brooks and Moses play at the line a little more. Our shifting tends to be a few yards shy of the defensive line, makes it a bit too easy for them to adjust and adapt.
Neither really runs themselves enough either.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 11:14 pm

I don't think Taylor is wrong about concentrating on our defence at all. I go back to the Souths game where it became clear what these kids are being taught in both attack and defence BUT the game tonight would have been much closer if we would just make the 1 on 1 tackles consistently. We get through a few good defensive sets and then, inexplicably, we start missing tackles. It seems like we panic in defence on an individual basis, making wrong reads, not trusting the player alongside, leaving gaps. I think the defensive structure looks OK but if you don't make the tackles no structure will work. Very frustrating.

Still, I guess with youngsters you have to expect inconsistency and the truth is we have no alternatives, so I'll be content to sit back and watch their progress on this rollercoaster. Next year they'll all be a year older and hopefully, wiser.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 11:52 pm

sideline eye wrote:I don't think Taylor is wrong about concentrating on our defence at all. I go back to the Souths game where it became clear what these kids are being taught in both attack and defence BUT the game tonight would have been much closer if we would just make the 1 on 1 tackles consistently. We get through a few good defensive sets and then, inexplicably, we start missing tackles. It seems like we panic in defence on an individual basis, making wrong reads, not trusting the player alongside, leaving gaps. I think the defensive structure looks OK but if you don't make the tackles no structure will work. Very frustrating.

Still, I guess with youngsters you have to expect inconsistency and the truth is we have no alternatives, so I'll be content to sit back and watch their progress on this rollercoaster. Next year they'll all be a year older and hopefully, wiser.
The coach and his assistants should start getting their resumes in order no matter how wooden they look!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 3:05 am

king sirro wrote:I think there's a few things to come out If this game.

Moses playing with freedom looked very good. Face slap to the knockers in my opinion who couldn't see he was being held back.

Our forwards can match teams if Taylor selects the right players.

The dummy half work of Cherrington.

Bombed 3 tries in the first half.

Negatives....

Bombed 3 tries in first half

Pat Richards is embarrassing himself and the club

Lovett isn't ready and it shows.

Woods didn't lead the way I hoped he would. Broncos got the better of him.

I'm leaving Milone alone because I think there will be thread about him and if you direct his game you w may find guys might be too harsh on him.
Good post KS - I thought Brooks and Moses played really behind a beaten pack again as did Teddy and Cherrington who was impressive.
Thought Sirro did okay in his come back game from injury as well as Ava.
Woods was terrible and in imo although he makes good yards, is a terrible defender...very lazy, no mongrel in his defence and is loves being 3rd man in on the tackle ala Floppsy. This bloke needs to step up over the next few weeks.
Milone and Lovet should go back to NSW. Terrible game from both players and on a hiding to nothing.
Lovett looks tired in both attack and defence making really bad decisions. They really targeted him in defence and he did not want any bar of it.
I would love for Taylor to give Fine and Funaki a crack in those positions. If i was Funaki i would not leave the tigers yet....he would be playing 1st grade next year with the way our salary cap is and can improve during that year increasing his worth if we cant hold onto him.
If Funaki goes to the broncos he would just be playing QLD cup for his future.
With the way the cap is, players can play s*** and still hold their positions as we have not depth whatsoever to put any type of pressure of these players.
While i did enjot certain aspects of the game, I cant say the future looks bright...more the opposite