The good

king sirro
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 42 times

The good

Unread post by king sirro » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 5:57 pm

I think there's a few things to come out If this game.

Moses playing with freedom looked very good. Face slap to the knockers in my opinion who couldn't see he was being held back.

Our forwards can match teams if Taylor selects the right players.

The dummy half work of Cherrington.

Bombed 3 tries in the first half.

Negatives....

Bombed 3 tries in first half

Pat Richards is embarrassing himself and the club

Lovett isn't ready and it shows.

Woods didn't lead the way I hoped he would. Broncos got the better of him.

I'm leaving Milone alone because I think there will be thread about him and if you direct his game you w may find guys might be too harsh on him.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

wd in perth
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:00 pm

More good was that it was only 42-16.

king sirro

Unread post by king sirro » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:02 pm

wd in perth wrote:More good was that it was only 42-16.

The end of the 2nd half was very disappointing. A few shots of Tedesco showed he was out on his feet and considering he's our fittest player I think that's an issue. However overall I think the score doesn't reflect the game. I think if Milone doesn't drop that ball over the line the game goes down to the wire.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:02 pm

I actually think that there were more positives. For mine:-

1. Moses. I think he is potentially a quality player. He needs to do a lot more but he is good.
2. Ava. I think he is close to our best forward. He runs harder than Woods and may be better that Taupau.
3. Cherrington is a first grader and he deserves a spot.
4. Lawrence. The guy just performs. He isn't quick enough to be a centre but he can definitely play backrow,

Negatives:-
1. Richards. The worst winger in the comp and a massive liability.
2. Lovett.
3. Milone.

Fix Richards. Fix our right hand side in Lovett and Milone and see how we go.

I should add that I think Lovett may be a decent player in time and he shows some promise but he is a slow smallish backrower.

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:07 pm

Lawrence continues to prove he's a gun.
Cherrington.
Tedesco.
Moses and Brooks.
Ava, Sue and Taupau.

It's all on the right hand side.

lathami

Unread post by lathami » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:11 pm

Sorry but Taylor hooking cherrington and bring back halatau, was stupidity! This is we're Taylor dropped the ball, brings him back with three to go. Seriously?!?
Suprise donkeys score three tries....
While cherrington off!
Again donkey favouring reff!

Boonboon2
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:11 pm

Good was most of them
Tedesco - Dagerous, strong in defence and worked hard
Moses and Brooks both looked dangerous in attack and get better by the week
Simona was good to have him back
Sironen, Lawrence are both great backrowers shame they are both on the left but very impressed with both today.
Seumanufagai is so strong with the ball
Sue works really hard
Woods - 105 meters and 45 tackles enough said

Bad
Nathan Milone- Not up to NSW cup let alone NRL
Lovett - Not up to NRL
Galloway - Hoping he finishes the year strong so he Super League want him and his contract value

If we swapped Milone and Lovett with Hodges and Thaiday on the right for Broncos we win the game. All year that side has been weak. The club knows it because they are the positions they have wanted to fill but we havent and till we do we will continue to suck down that side. Moses defence isn't great either but thats ok for a young half if he has good support and with Milone and Lovett he doesen't have any

Richards we neither here nor there but reality is he won't be the last run over by Oates or the first

king sirro

Unread post by king sirro » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:12 pm

MacDougall wrote:Lawrence continues to prove he's a gun.
Cherrington.
Tedesco.
Moses and Brooks.
Ava, Sue and Taupau.

It's all on the right hand side.
I bet now that Lawrence is killing it we will lose him
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

smithy

Unread post by smithy » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:14 pm

we are two players off being a good side.we desperately need a right hand centre and a right hand 2nd row.thats where we are getting killed every week.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 334 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:18 pm

Good post KS...i think both Moses and Brooks were good...Lawrence continues the improve in the back row,,,Taupau Seumanufagai Cherrington Tedesco and Naiqama all had strong games...

When you pit the rosters and form side by side I don't know what results people ecpected...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:24 pm

Brooks and Moses playing what they see....unrestricted and unstructured.
Surprise surprise

king sirro

Unread post by king sirro » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:30 pm

innsaneink wrote:Brooks and Moses playing what they see....unrestricted and unstructured.
Surprise surprise

Yeh I think they looked relaxed and classy. I liked it. Hope Taylor sees it the same way.

I like having structure but in my eyes it's about having something to fall back on. Once a player sees something he should have the confidence to go away from the structure.

So I say keep the structure, just give the freedom to go away from it when the situation arrives.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:41 pm

king sirro wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Brooks and Moses playing what they see....unrestricted and unstructured.
Surprise surprise

Yeh I think they looked relaxed and classy. I liked it. Hope Taylor sees it the same way.

I like having structure but in my eyes it's about having something to fall back on. Once a player sees something he should have the confidence to go away from the structure.

So I say keep the structure, just give the freedom to go away from it when the situation arrives.
Yep...All bout balance...There are times when tucking it under safety first is reqd. ..and other when going for it is on too.

I never thought when he said we'd focus on defense at the start of the year it would be at the expense of our attack....maybe he's relenting

Eddie
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:44 pm

We looked really dangerous today and the halves looked an dangerous as they have all season. Maybe Taylor has finally realised he needs to let them play to their strengths. We should have had 5-6 tries today.
On the flip side we let in some really soft tries. Not sure Taylors chest beating about him improving the defence is happening at all. If anything we seem to let in more and more soft tries every week

PYMBLEPETE
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 7:01 pm

Eddie wrote:We looked really dangerous today and the halves looked an dangerous as they have all season. Maybe Taylor has finally realised he needs to let them play to their strengths. We should have had 5-6 tries today.
On the flip side we let in some really soft tries. Not sure Taylors chest beating about him improving the defence is happening at all. If anything we seem to let in more and more soft tries every week
I agree with this. I am just dismayed at Taylor's coaching. In the face of mounting losses, he apparently - quite publicly - changes the whole way the team plays, and it was apparent to see that they did change. How many of those close losses we have had this year may have been victories if the halves (and Tedesco) were allowed to play as they did today?? Its all very well to say you learn from your mistakes, but Taylor has trumpeted the fact that it had to be his way, and clearly as today shows, it doesnt.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 7:08 pm

innsaneink wrote:
king sirro wrote:
Surprise surprise

Yep...All bout balance...There are times when tucking it under safety first is reqd. ..and other when going for it is on too.

I never thought when he said we'd focus on defense at the start of the year it would be at the expense of our attack....maybe he's relenting
I think he has relented but its cost us a couple of games this season.

Eddie
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 7:09 pm

Well the games aginst Newcastle, Cowboys and Gold Coast were the back brakers. We were sleep walking through these games with one out football.

To me i have no problem with him tweaking things now rather then being stubborn and stick to a game plan that was not getting the best out of our halves.

What annoys me is Taylor was very bullish at the start of the year that he would fix the denfence and other coaches for us had the wrong systems. Our defence has got worse and worse as the year goes on it does not say much about his system or his coaching. Considering the amount of time he has talked about it and tried to apply it.

fergiefurr
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 7:57 pm

Agree with most points.

I thought Moses was great today and has been over the past 3-4 weeks. Imagine if he had some strike to work with on that right side?!

Ava is one player was really improved this year and is now a genuine good first grader.

Cherrington looks at home in first grade. I hope he keeps a spot on the bench when farahs back.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Return to “Round 19: Wests Tigers vs Broncos”