What Can Ya Say?

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

What Can Ya Say?

Unread post by Flippedy » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:38 pm

I thought the boys played quite well today and they probably would've given a lesser team a run for their money, but the Broncos are a class act, they made us look second rate today. What can ya say? Brisbane will be the Premiers for sure, imo.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:44 pm

The boys were admirable in that they played with a lot of spirit in the first 20 minutes of the second half. Sometimes however spirit can only take you so far and today class came well to the fore.

BornBlack&Gold

Unread post by BornBlack&Gold » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:45 pm

hmm lets hope we aren't saying the same thing about the roosters next week.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 187 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:47 pm

We really had a dig today

pacman

Unread post by pacman » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 6:51 pm

Unfortunately when some of the people on your team are park footballers at best, having a dig just isn't going to cut it at all.

Tigerspirit

Unread post by Tigerspirit » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 7:01 pm

pacman wrote:Unfortunately when some of the people on your team are park footballers at best, having a dig just isn't going to cut it at all.
To true....
Also alot of inexperienced penalties at crucial times stopped our comback...
Need an experienced centre and two three animal forwards

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 7:06 pm

They did try. We just lack some class and a coach with some idea.

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 7:09 pm

The problems are all standing next to each other

Tigerheart_returns

Unread post by Tigerheart_returns » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 7:10 pm

And some money as well, stevetiger ...

kiwitiger
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by kiwitiger » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 7:16 pm

Flippedy wrote:I thought the boys played quite well today and they probably would've given a lesser team a run for their money, but the Broncos are a class act, they made us look second rate today. What can ya say? Brisbane will be the Premiers for sure, imo.
They won easily and only had one training run together all week as there rep players had a week off. They are a well drilled team

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 7:17 pm

BornBlack&Gold wrote:hmm lets hope we aren't saying the same thing about the roosters next week.
Unfortunately, whilst I still think the Broncos will win the comp, the Roosters will pummel us even more because simply put...they always do, even when we're playing well. I don't think I even want to look next week, it will be ugly.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

jirskyr
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 113 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 11:30 pm

You can say what you can say for 90% of the games this year - we can take any team for 20-30 minutes, but the rest of the match is poop.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 11:46 pm

What ever happened to our set moves? Oh that's right results don't matter defense will win you the game! That may work with 3-4 million worth of TPAs, but not here!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 12:32 am

The scoreline says it all....:(

Droppy

Unread post by Droppy » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 2:17 am

Broncos are good team with no champions in it. Just shows what a good coach can get out of average players. They will be competitive, but will not win comp imo.
If we had a Bennett like coach we could be in the 8.

weststigers

Unread post by weststigers » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 6:53 am

Droppy wrote:Broncos are good team with no champions in it. Just shows what a good coach can get out of average players. They will be competitive, but will not win comp imo.
If we had a Bennett like coach we could be in the 8.
We're a rookie team and we had one origin player. By contrast, they have an experienced first grade side with 3 or 4 QLD reps in there plus guys like Hunt and Milford who will be the QLD halves in the future.

Bennett's a good coach, but not good enough to change what's happened to us this year.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4

WTDiehard

Unread post by WTDiehard » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 11:47 am

I thought the result was actually better than I expected. To play a virtual SOO team V our young guys......it could have been alot worse.

I thought Moses & Brooks looked better with the swapping of roles.....I thought most of the young guys had a real go.

The attack was better even though we still made some really silly mistakes....we could have put another 12-16 points on the Bronc's if we were on game. ( yes I know the Bronc's were in 2nd gear )

The Negatives....

1. Constant soft and stupid penalties that gave the Bronco's easy field position and resulted in soft tries due to pressure. Cuplprits.....Milone, Galloway & Lovett....easyily cost us 12-18 points from yesterdays game......cut the rubbish out and we might actually be more competitive each week.

Salary Cap issues.....it is quite well known that we have issues here. I hear that Lawrence is on $600-$800k next year due to a heavily back ended contract. Galloway ( who is way past his best and I thought was poor yest considering the leadership I expect from him is also on $300-$400k for next year). This though is nothing compared to what we are paying Blair to play at the Bronc's this year and the same would have applied to Koro and a few others. Would not be surprised if we are still paying Benji as well.

If we are all on the same Salary Cap......how can the roosters and bronc's be spending the same money as the Tigers, yet we end up with a virtual NSW CUP side compared to them....serious mismanagement over the years and we are paying for it now.

Jason Taylor....you have to give him a big FAIL so far. Running last has no excuses, even with our playing roster and injuries. He came in with the big talk and took us from a team coming 13-14 to dead last.

I am sure that with the right cattle....Bronc's or Roosters squads, JT would look pretty good but so would you and me. Its important for a coach to use what he has to the best of their abilities ( not try and make a square peg from a round one. ) In 2005 we won more games than not because we had the ability to score more points than the opposition....I know that this will not win us a comp these days but I'd rather see the young guys have a real go than go to a 8-0 loss game to a reserve grade Cowboys.

There is no easy fix with the Tigers.....but the JT plan is not working either and losing the support of Tigers fans at the same time.

Not a good recipe for a struggling club.

Return to “Round 19: Wests Tigers vs Broncos”