Galloway

hammertime

Re: Galloway

Post by hammertime » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 9:29 am

Depends on his price. He still isn't a bad option as a bench prop.

But I agree, he's not what we need as one of the more experienced guys that the kids would be looking up to.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:17 am

If he is earning 4-500k next season he probably does need to go.

Even if we end up paying half his contract, with that extra couple of hundred k we could re-sign Ava. If we don't pay for his contract we could then also sign an experienced but average-solid first grader.

Although if we do let both Lawrence and Keithy go we'll only have 1 player over the age of 26 in our top squad!!! We're in desperate need of some experience to help our kids, but we're also letting all our experience go without the prospect of replacing them.

Where's the balance, what's the solution?

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 12:48 pm

I can't bag Keith's toughness or heart like others have, as it takes an extremely tough man to play over a decade in the Front Row, represent your State and Country etc.

However players get to a stage in their careers where the mind and body slow a bit, and the game becomes less enjoyable to play. I think that's where Keith is at now.

The incident where he was put on his head by Ben Hunt typified that.

A few years ago Keithy would have ripped the little sh*t head from limb to limb. But yesterday he just sat on the ground with a sulky look on his face and slouched away like a kid who just had his lollies stolen. When a former NSW and Australian front rower lets a dwarf do that to him in front of a packed stadium, its a fair sign that the horse has probably already bolted.

everett

Post by everett » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 12:50 pm

NRL is a business so hopefully Galloway scores a contract with Super league and we have money spare to resign or upgrade Ava's contract
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 3:13 pm

Gal was ordinary...has been for a while. He wasn't on his own though...Woods was a big pillow yesterday as well. I thought the lesson he was taught in origin 3 would make him a better player. I think it scarred him though as he was very quiet and sheepish against some of the same boys.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 3:45 pm

everett wrote:NRL is a business so hopefully Galloway scores a contract with Super league and we have money spare to resign or upgrade Ava's contract
If Galloway leaves he is on contract till 2016 so he will still cost us money it seems. Are other clubs in this same situation or is it just WT, if so why :crazy :crazy

red dogg

Post by red dogg » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 7:06 pm

I hope players don't read this crap.... No wonder the club can't attract anyone and have to pay overs for who they do..... Piss poor supporters.... Typical bandwagon crap......

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 7:51 pm

red dogg wrote:I hope players don't read this crap.... No wonder the club can't attract anyone and have to pay overs for who they do..... Piss poor supporters.... Typical bandwagon crap......
Truth hurts

[automatically edited].... im saying this a lot lately

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 11:43 pm

Abraham wrote:I can't bag Keith's toughness or heart like others have, as it takes an extremely tough man to play over a decade in the Front Row, represent your State and Country etc.

However players get to a stage in their careers where the mind and body slow a bit, and the game becomes less enjoyable to play. I think that's where Keith is at now.

The incident where he was put on his head by Ben Hunt typified that.

A few years ago Keithy would have ripped the little sh*t head from limb to limb. But yesterday he just sat on the ground with a sulky look on his face and slouched away like a kid who just had his lollies stolen. When a former NSW and Australian front rower lets a dwarf do that to him in front of a packed stadium, its a fair sign that the horse has probably already bolted.
Extremely well put.

Keith has been a good servent but the real fire in the belly seems long gone.