Struggling With Interest

greatodensraven
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Struggling With Interest

Unread post by greatodensraven » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 9:31 pm

shane2801 wrote:I have to say last week my interest level in the Bronco game was at an all time low. This week is worse. I am struggling.. What about everyone else??
I can understand why you feel this way but like I've said before, doesn't matter how bad our season goes, the offseason is always worse. And that's only 7 games away.

Of course it does help when our boys actually have a dig.

jirskyr
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 95 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 10:09 pm

Seems that some people are only just coming to terms with losing a lot?

Man, I've been a Tigers supporter for 30 years, losing is part of the deal.

supercoach
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times

Unread post by supercoach » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 10:31 pm

I can go back a long way, I remember vaguely the 1964 GF between Balmain and the Dragons, led four nil and got smashed, anyway the next 51 years have been mainly bad with a few good years here and there, but I have never felt so down on the place as I do now. I have been a member for yonks, but I just do not want to venture out to Homebush tomorrow night because I know it will be ugly, the old saying enough enough

PYMBLEPETE
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 11:04 pm

Like many others I go back a long way, and as an old Wests man got used to losing of course. But this feels different. I have never been as disinterested, and my usual nervous hysteria at game time has been replaced by casual observations of what happens, and a somewhat detached indifference to it all. I cant explain exactly so why that is. Partly I suppose it is because Wests used to lose because they had no money; I accepted that. But the Wests Tigers should not be hugely financially disadvantaged relative to other clubs given the NRL funding and the strong brand so a lot of the blame must rest with previous management for the apparent salary cap issues. Partly I blame the way the current team has been coached to play this year - it goes against everything I enjoy in the game. Partly I blame the game itself; the rules are ridiculous (stripping in particular) and their enforcement is a circus.

I hope Marina Go and the Board, together with the staff can turn things around. But until I see some sign that is happening I think I will remain a somewhat detached supporter.

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 8:34 am

willow wrote:They're trying hard, but simply cannot play for 80 minutes. Hope they have a good crack but I reckon we'll get flogged all the same.
So true - against Brisbane at the start I thought we are matching these guys we might be in with a chance then a couple of piggy back penalties, a few arm grabs and misreads and its game over. I might go back and splice all the good bits of our games together and watch that each week.

supercoach
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times

Unread post by supercoach » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 9:54 am

Been a member for yonks, hit off a email to the club during the week and asked to be taken off the auto renewal facility as I am not sure if I will renew my membership. I went on and briefly outlined that my enjoyment was at a all time low and I did not see any light at the end of the tunnel. Also touched on a few other things.

Got a good email back thanking me for my feedback and it would be passed on, they also hoped I changed my mind and thanked me for my support. I got the feeling they are getting plenty of emails like mine

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 5:44 pm

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:With the quality of refs so low, it is surprising how many people are still interested.
That's certainly been an issue for me, I've barely watched any games the last couple of months, just have no interest. Not only the overall atrocious running of the game, but the crap commentary too.

As for tonight, I'll be forcing myself to watch, ever hopeful of an upset

cqtiger
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by cqtiger » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 5:53 pm

Well a lot of people must be weeping behind their keyboards when they type that they are still enjoying the train wreck.

I am a "true" supporter of the tribal kind and it annoys me so much when my team plays and the odds are over $6.00 a win.

Been through it all before. Will again (next 3 years I've been informed).

But I'm still posting on here - just not happy about it.
OK so it's not "life and death", just a footy game but it's all I have to look forward to these days. Work hard 5 days a week and I just look forward to an enjoyable game of footy from my tribe. Alas, at this point I can't say that they are a joy to watch. But watch I will.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 5:56 pm

cqtiger wrote:Well a lot of people must be weeping behind their keyboards when they type that they are still enjoying the train wreck.

I am a "true" supporter of the tribal kind and it annoys me so much when my team plays and the odds are over $6.00 a win.

OK so it's not "life and death", just a footy game but it's all I have to look forward to these days. Work hard 5 days a week and I just look forward to an enjoyable game of footy from my tribe. Alas, at this point I can't say that they are a joy to watch. But watch I will.

You jumping on board the soccer comps ?
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

cqtiger
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by cqtiger » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 5:59 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
cqtiger wrote:Well a lot of people must be weeping behind their keyboards when they type that they are still enjoying the train wreck.

No mate, sorry

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 6:01 pm

cqtiger wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:

No mate, sorry

No dramas , would of turned you of after the dramas you had , I understand mate .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

shane2801
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by shane2801 » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 6:46 pm

Thanks for the input everyone. Im an old Magpie and never missed a game between 87 to 91. Then I went to 98% of them after that. I also am used to losing but I think its a combination of thee WT and Rugby League in general that's killing me.

For the record I've put a $50 on Wt with the 15.5 start. Here's hoping...
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 7:00 pm

I just had my mate ring me to go to the game. Free ANZ gold members pass only live 25 minutes away and got nothing better to do ( except put up with 3 screaming kids and a nagging wife lol).I just can't do it, I can't face going and it's very unlike me.I am genuinely struggling with interest and I'm a massive fan???. Hope they make me regret it with a win

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 154 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 7:13 pm

Its sad, cos where i work i can finish work, jump a train and be at Homebush by 5 15. I did that for the first time we played the Dogs, but now? Not worth it when there's nothing on the line.

Gazman

Unread post by Gazman » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 7:19 pm

Know the feeling I normally set the recorder up with a view to an upset and lately have been deleting the game even before full time , this time not even going to bother. But at least the yelling at the TV has stopped as there is no point lol

TIGER
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by TIGER » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 7:23 pm

At least you don't have to sit up and wait for the second game to watch it, the pleasures of living in qld. Still got a funny feeling of an upset about this one, maybe im totally delusional.

GoldXR50Leroy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by GoldXR50Leroy » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 7:24 pm

Keep The Faith, the Darkest Hour Is Just Before The Dawn!, Eye Of The Tiger! etc etc etc

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 9:43 pm

Lucky I didn't go 25 minutes drive home would of felt like hours. Just have a couple of beers instead.

Return to “Round 20: Wests Tigers vs Sydney Roosters”