Struggling With Interest

shane2801
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Struggling With Interest

Unread post by shane2801 » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 6:19 pm

I have to say last week my interest level in the Bronco game was at an all time low. This week is worse. I am struggling.. What about everyone else??
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 6:31 pm

Pretty much the same here, Shane. I have practically zero interest and exhibit no emotion whatsoever when watching our matches at present and am already looking towards next season and what can possibly be done to improve things and get us off the bottom of the ladder. The tipping comp, draft game and fun banter is about the only thing I come on here for now.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 6:34 pm

Shane ,best advice I can give is go into games with low expectations and if they surprise you good news

Laugh off the really bad stuff ,when teams score from one out hit ups stuff like that

A lot worse stuff could happen in your day than your footy side losing

bp tiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by bp tiger » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 7:14 pm

the worst thing is this feeling will last for about the next 3 years, and by then they will have stuffed another thing up and we will be told it will take another 3 years to fix.
just keep the fridge full of beer and bourbon, lol.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 7:15 pm

To be honest I was really struggling 2 months back but have to say I'm enjoying my footy now. Even though the team is performing badly, I don't believe they are under performing. Therefore as long as they have a dig I'll enjoy the good and criticize the poor. Either way ill be involved. There are players who are improving, so I can't wait to see them have a crack against the chook rooters....

NJLM78
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by NJLM78 » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 7:21 pm

I've been a member for a long time and will be there tomorrow night. 98% of me knows it probably wont go well. But its the other 2% that thinks just maybe they can do something here. I go to all Tigers games expecting nothing. Over the years the losses have far outweighed the wins. But you go to the games and see all the fans and familiar faces who have been there for years, not just 05 and 10 when times were good. I feel fortunate that I can get to as many Tigers games as I can as I know there are plenty of huge Tiger fans on the forum who would love to, but for various reasons cannot.

We need to stay with them. Sure its tough. But these are the times we will look back on when the losing cycle starts to change. And it will. There will be plenty of Tiger fans around then happy to jump straight back on the bandwagon. The real Tiger fans, like yourself Shane, are the ones who get behind them now.

To me though its the young kids you see at the games decked out in all their tigers gear who couldn't care less about where they are on the table or who is in or out of the team. I sit near two young blokes at ANZ who spent the whole 80mins during the eels game cheering non stop for Chris Lawrence. Every time he touched the ball or made a tackle. They nearly fell off their seats when he almost scored. They made another big loss somewhat enjoyable.

So stick with them. There will be light at the end of the tunnel. We just have to get through this long tunnel!

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 135 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 7:24 pm

Yeh, its a bit better than a few weeks back. But like happy says, no expectations...

I can spot the good bits...theyre there.....I dont blink much

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 7:26 pm

Been the same way. Still watch every game intently but i dont enjoy the style of football we are playing, dont agree with the selections and cant stand the spin and positive light trying to be put on the whole thing.

The upside is a greater enjoyment and appreciation of the other 7 games. Its refreshing to watch teams with energy,enthusiasm and a well balanced squad. Canberra for instance.

hobbo
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 71 times

Unread post by hobbo » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 7:27 pm

Nah , I'm loving it , you've just gotta have a laugh !
There's more to life than footy !!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 257 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 7:34 pm

It's in the Blood...what can you do...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 47 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 7:36 pm

We will SMASH them!!! [this is what I keep telling myself] :pray:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Tiger Tim
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Tiger Tim » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 7:48 pm

I'm with you NJLM78. I'm taking my son to his first game of the year and have already told him that we most likely won't win but the Tigers are our team. Good or Bad we will be cheering them on because it's when your down you need the most support. Let's stop [automatically edited] for awhile and get behind the team we all love.

Shaggytiger

Unread post by Shaggytiger » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 7:50 pm

Being a long, long fan of first the magpies and then wests tigers you are used to years such as this.
Just sit back with a cold one and cheer the boys on. Enjoy the good bits, boo the ref and laugh at our blunders. It's footy and I'd much rather be a Tigers fan than Manly or Roosters. It's in our blood!!
Don't worry if plan "A" fails. There are 25 more letters in the alphabet!!

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by willow » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 7:54 pm

They're trying hard, but simply cannot play for 80 minutes. Hope they have a good crack but I reckon we'll get flogged all the same.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 8:04 pm

bp tiger wrote:the worst thing is this feeling will last for about the next 3 years, and by then they will have stuffed another thing up and we will be told it will take another 3 years to fix.
just keep the fridge full of beer and bourbon, lol.
I will be around after I do the raffle at work at about 7.45,do you stock Wild Turkey ? I will grab a pizza on the way... :D
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 154 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 8:08 pm

Meh, that's where multi's and SC come in handy for me. Does a good job of keeping my interest levels peaked.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 8:12 pm

innsaneink wrote:Yeh, its a bit better than a few weeks back. But like happy says, no expectations...

I can spot the good bits...theyre there.....I dont blink much
Don't blink when we go to the get together,you might have to shout more than I will...

TT will be busy doing PR work and thoroughly enjoying himself...and then off to the game to give the Knights fans what for.. :sign: :lol:
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

InBenjiWeTrust
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Thu 23 Jul, 2015 9:14 pm

With the quality of refs so low, it is surprising how many people are still interested.

Return to “Round 20: Wests Tigers vs Sydney Roosters”