Time to Throw Out the Logs

User avatar
stevied
Member
Member
Posts: 973
Joined: Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

Time to Throw Out the Logs

Post by stevied » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 9:57 pm

The Wests Tigers have too many ineffective passengers in the team. But let's not call them passengers, let's call them logs...
Big Log No. 1 Keith Galloway. He's an old plodder who has zero aggression or impact and gives away penalties
Big Log No. 2 Jack Buchanan. He's slow, cumbersome and, in the end, completely ineffective.
Big Log No. 3 Pat Richards. He's slow, inept in attack and defense and looks disinterested. On top of that, the one string to his bow, his overall kicking has degenerated markedly.
Small Log No. 1 Kyle Lovett. He's simply not first grade standard.
There has to be more accountability and it's about time that Taylor sacked underachieving, over paid poor performers and started promoting players who might actually show some real 'tiger' and desire. Surely there has to be players in the lower grades worth giving a shot......What is there to lose?
:deadhorse:


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27832
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 9:59 pm

I think Plodders is the term you are looking for...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 8570
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:01 pm

Geo. wrote:I think Plodders is the term you are looking for...
Zombies !!!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
stevied
Member
Member
Posts: 973
Joined: Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

Post by stevied » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:02 pm

No logs, old and rotten....

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21017
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:03 pm

Lol we're coming last and have no money. We can only replace the logs with other logs.


Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:04 pm

I think Lovett will come into his own next year with the reduced interchanges. You won't have fresh monoliths run on every 20 minutes.

kafta
Member
Member
Posts: 1733
Joined: Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:07 pm

Post by kafta » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:05 pm

i just did a log in the dunny or would you call it a patty.

smithy
Member
Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue 07 Jul, 2015 12:17 pm

Post by smithy » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:06 pm

you would think taylor can see what all of us are but he keeps on picking them.when I saw the team picked during the week I shook my head in disbelief.lovett and buchanan should never ever be there but watch out for next weeks team and I bet you any money they will be in the team.

Eye Of Da Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2013
Joined: Wed 16 Jan, 2013 10:49 pm

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:10 pm

Who brings them all here and how do they get to stay?

User avatar
stevied
Member
Member
Posts: 973
Joined: Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

Post by stevied » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:10 pm

I'll say it again, there must be some harder running forwards with more mongrel in the lower grades and at least one quicker, more agile winger who can tackle. Let Moses do the kicking. May as well see what we have.....Richards is gone anyway.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:24 pm

Just announced Gal is leaving a seasons end.

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:24 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:I think Lovett will come into his own next year with the reduced interchanges. You won't have fresh monoliths run on every 20 minutes.

I personally don't think reducing the interchange from 10 to 8 will make all that much difference Paws. I like to see it down to 6.

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7948
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:25 pm

2 gone mate, buchanan probs will go too
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:27 pm

Tigermama wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:I think Lovett will come into his own next year with the reduced interchanges. You won't have fresh monoliths run on every 20 minutes.

I personally don't think reducing the interchange from 10 to 8 will make all that much difference Paws. I like to see it down to 6.
Agree. I know my frustration rises when I see these huge forwards running on every 20 minutes, Lovett is not a fan favourite (yet) but I see a good footballer in him.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4805
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:28 pm

I will give Lovett one thing the guy has a motor and this is a big plus .

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 8570
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:34 pm

stevied wrote:The Wests Tigers have too many ineffective passengers in the team. But let's not call them passengers, let's call them logs...
Big Log No. 1 Keith Galloway. He's an old plodder who has zero aggression or impact and gives away penalties
Big Log No. 2 Jack Buchanan. He's slow, cumbersome and, in the end, completely ineffective.
Big Log No. 3 Pat Richards. He's slow, inept in attack and defense and looks disinterested. On top of that, the one string to his bow, his overall kicking has degenerated markedly.
Small Log No. 1 Kyle Lovett. He's simply not first grade standard.
There has to be more accountability and it's about time that Taylor sacked underachieving, over paid poor performers and started promoting players who might actually show some real 'tiger' and desire. Surely there has to be players in the lower grades worth giving a shot......What is there to lose?
:deadhorse:
Log number 1 & log number 3 are going !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39023
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:41 pm

Tigermama wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:I think Lovett will come into his own next year with the reduced interchanges. You won't have fresh monoliths run on every 20 minutes.

I personally don't think reducing the interchange from 10 to 8 will make all that much difference Paws. I like to see it down to 6.
The game will change in a lot of ways TM

Backrowers will need to play 80

The wrestle will decrease as you won't get as many three man tackles

The little men will get a chance to run up against fatigued big men

The bunker should speed up the video ref calls

Time clocks on scrums and drop outs (30 seconds I heard )

No tight 13's any more unless they can play 80

As long as the coaches don't go looking for grey areas .....................

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 11:11 pm

Hope you're right Happy. So sick of the boring wrestle and continued stoppages.
Fingers crossed it all goes to plan and we get to see a fast, free flowing game of footy,once again.

Post Reply