Taylor happy with the effort for the 80

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Taylor happy with the effort for the 80

Post by jadtiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 6:41 am

At the halfway mark of the season taylor said we would win more matches than we lost from there.At the moment we are 1-5 yes last night was a little better but still not good enough,i am totally fed up with his complete incompetence as a coach and his spin and lies

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 7:16 am

Some people should really stop and think before they give an opinion on here...
Taylor has specifically said that our defense needs a big improvement and the young side must follow the defensive structure he has in place..tonight against the chooks the team did defend very,very well,however the thing that beat them was error after error and it was mainly the young vibrant inexperienced players forcing passes and play that wasn't on..even Woodsy said in backing up JT..we beat ourselves,we gifted the game to the chooks,to much turnover and silly decisions ...if they got that out of the game tonight I reckon it would have been the upset of the year and I was hoping it would happen..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 7:36 am

jadtiger wrote:At the halfway mark of the season taylor said we would win more matches than we lost from there.At the moment we are 1-5 yes last night was a little better but still not good enough,i am totally fed up with his complete incompetence as a coach and his spin and lies

I remember him saying this.

Was a typical Taylor comment that had a swipe at Potters team and the way they finished the year. He offered himself and his coaching up as the answer.

Karma can be pretty unforgiving sometimes.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 7:37 am

They defended ok in my opinion but let in 33. Rorters didn't seem to get out f second gear, I would hate to see us having a shocker in defence and them going hard. The score would have reflected the salary difference.

Jerry Seinfeld

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 7:40 am

Droppy wrote:Is this guy for real? We lose by 25 points, last placed on table, guarenteed wooden spoon and he says "i was pleased how we went tonite". Please, we need him gone asap or this club will never recover from this depth. We will lose any decent players we have (I know there are'nt many) and will not be able to recruit any decent players. He is clueless !

At least he gets them to try each week which is a miracle in itself considering how bad this club is/has been travelling off the field.This poor bastard(JT)IS on a hiding to nothing as we lose one quality player after another.Austin,Bodene and now keith Galloway.you might say Keithy sucks well I bet hes a lot better than his replacement that JT has to work wonders with.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 7:40 am

I am so happy everybody is on the same page as this delusional coach talk about grappling at straws .. The guy has no idea.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 7:49 am

Jerry Seinfeld wrote:
Droppy wrote:Is this guy for real? We lose by 25 points, last placed on table, guarenteed wooden spoon and he says "i was pleased how we went tonite". Please, we need him gone asap or this club will never recover from this depth. We will lose any decent players we have (I know there are'nt many) and will not be able to recruit any decent players. He is clueless !

At least he gets them to try each week which is a miracle in itself considering how bad this club is/has been travelling off the field.This poor bastard(JT)IS on a hiding to nothing as we lose one quality player after another.Austin,Bodene and now keith Galloway.you might say Keithy sucks well I bet hes a lot better than his replacement that JT has to work wonders with.

Why would i feel sorry for him, he played his part in getting rid of those players you mention.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 7:52 am

Snake wrote:I am so happy everybody is on the same page as this delusional coach talk about grappling at straws .. The guy has no idea.
Snake,JT has the most inexperienced young side,and throw in half the team that are fringe first graders at best,then you have to get them to play to an NRL standard against a more well experienced and hardened NRL side like the chooks and the only thing that really beat the Tigers was themselves...and you reckon he has no idea ?..when you are put in the position JT is at this very moment and you can do much better,then please apply for his job..
Or maybe your resume' isn't quite up to that standard,give the guy a break,he hasn't the stock to produce win after win after win..let him have the time to develope the younger guys so they can play to an NRL standard and then judge him after his tenure...

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 8:05 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Snake wrote:I am so happy everybody is on the same page as this delusional coach talk about grappling at straws .. The guy has no idea.
Snake,JT has the most inexperienced young side,and throw in half the team that are fringe first graders at best,then you have to get them to play to an NRL standard against a more well experienced and hardened NRL side like the chooks and the only thing that really beat the Tigers was themselves...and you reckon he has no idea ?..when you are put in the position JT is at this very moment and you can do much better,then please apply for his job..
Or maybe your resume' isn't quite up to that standard,give the guy a break,he hasn't the stock to produce win after win after win..let him have the time to develope the younger guys so they can play to an NRL standard and then judge him after his tenure...
Every week there is a different excuse for the guy.

What ever happened to accountability. As a coach who refuses to blame the ref and demands his team play better and not look for excuses why then is he soft with his players when they arent performing.

Last night Moses needed to be dragged from the field for his piss weak attitude trying to throw those ridiculous passes.

Lovett is an arm grabbing waste of space who is not of first grade standard.

Buchanan is a dead set plodder who gives away a stupid penalty in the ruck each and every time he is on the field.

These are just some of the issue but the guy you keep excusing refuses to do anything about it.

How are they to learn if there is no punishment for poor play.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 8:11 am

I actually believe Taylor has the football knowledge to turn this club around. Its not going to happen though if he doesnt crack some heads.

We need strong and clear accountability throughout the club.

Under perform = get dropped or benched.

Team comes first, and that means ahead of Brooks and Moses, they arent the team.

Miss tackles and cant understand the structure or carry out coach's instructions = gets dropped.

Will it every happen, i doubt it.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 8:18 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:

What ever happened to accountability. As a coach who refuses to blame the ref and demands his team play better and not look for excuses why then is he soft with his players when they arent performing.

Last night Moses needed to be dragged from the field for his piss weak attitude trying to throw those ridiculous passes.

Buchanan is a dead set plodder who gives away a stupid penalty in the ruck each and every time he is on the field.

These are just some of the issue but the guy you keep excusing refuses to do anything about it.

TITG,I see your frustration....however have a good look at what you have said,if Taylor drags Moses off..who do you replace him with..Moses did make some errors and as I said "inexperience at its best" is what beat them,he also made some good backup runs and tackles.I will say it again.we have absolutely no quality in our depth to replace anyone of the big contracted players..Lawrence getting injured,Lodge in under 20s and endless errors alnight gifted the chooks the game..I will also say Lovett and Buchanan are young and maybe one day be of NRL standard,but not yet,but we have no better,obviously the coaching staff know more than we do..It all takes time,hopefully by next season and with a very productive off season things will change for the better....

haberfield tiger

Post by haberfield tiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 8:19 am

inexperience all over the park and that is what is costing us dearly. Then you get the experienced guys like richards kicking out on the full twice from a kick off. Unfortunately its a working process, club has money problems so no alternative to invest in youth. I cant see anything good coming if taylor bags the performance in such a young team. They will grow but its going to take time. defence was better but through poor choices we were always under the pump. like taylor says we got to be better at where on the field we give the opposition the ball. this is what kills us each week. its up to the players now.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 8:29 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:

TITG,I see your frustration....however have a good look at what you have said,if Taylor drags Moses off..who do you replace him with..Moses did make some errors and as I said "inexperience at its best" is what beat them,he also made some good backup runs and tackles.I will say it again.we have absolutely no quality in our depth to replace anyone of the big contracted players..Lawrence getting injured,Lodge in under 20s and endless errors alnight gifted the chooks the game..I will also say Lovett and Buchanan are young and maybe one day be of NRL standard,but not yet,but we have no better,obviously the coaching staff know more than we do..It all takes time,hopefully by next season and with a very productive off season things will change for the better....
Just more excuses.

Its not the point about who replaces them, the point is it will continue to happen if nothing is ever done about it.

But for the record, you bench Moses last night and you shuffle Sirro or who ever to 5/8. Game was over but Moses needed to be taught a lesson right then and there. Its crucial for his development.

As for Lovett and Buchanan well if you think theyll make good first graders i really dont know what to say. . . .

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 8:46 am

My dad used to say "son, everything before 'but' is s***".

I read so many posts like ...

Gee we played really well tonight but
We held them until half time but
JT is a good coach but
Our defence is better but
Lovett looks good but
Our guys try hard but
They're only young guys but

Nuff said

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 8:48 am

TITG,I said one day Lovett and Buchanan may become NRL standard...I didn't say they would be good first graders...when Marty come to us he was a state cupper not wanted by the dogs,look at his playing standard now,and he is a bit more experienced than the other two..

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 8:49 am

Its all about completions, the first half of the season they were playing Taylorball,one out stuff and a bomb,yes they completed but they could not score a point now he has them playing attacking football and they can hardly complete a set. I just do not understand how these guy train for 10 months a year and are so poor at the basic skills of the game, but I guess when your confidence is shot your game is shot

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 8:53 am

supercoach wrote:Its all about completions, the first half of the season they were playing Taylorball,one out stuff and a bomb,yes they completed but they could not score a point now he has them playing attacking football and they can hardly complete a set. I just do not understand how these guy train for 10 months a year and are so poor at the basic skills of the game, but I guess when your confidence is shot your game is shot
But

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 8:59 am

TrueTiger wrote:TITG,I said one day Lovett and Buchanan may become NRL standard...I didn't say they would be good first graders...when Marty come to us he was a state cupper not wanted by the dogs,look at his playing standard now,and he is a bit more experienced than the other two..

Marty always had potential.

No comparison.

They will never be internationals.

They will never be anything more than bit players.