Martin's punch..

Tigerheart_returns
Member
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon 18 May, 2015 7:48 am

Martin's punch..

Unread post by Tigerheart_returns » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 10:08 am

on Malone...Might have been out of frustration, or some other personal thing (?) but was in no way a good look, hopefully it was a one off thing. He has enough skills, size and mobility not to have to resort to cheap shots..


bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2098
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by bp tiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 10:48 am

watching on slow mo 1st contact on shoulder, but he ended up hitting his head. have seen plenty of shots like that this season and no one else was sin binned. will be dirty if he gets a week.

Coast Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:51 pm

Unread post by Coast Tiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 11:11 am

First contact with the shoulder. Was aggressively playing at the ball. Dealt with on the field.

No suspension here.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10355
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 11:15 am

If he sent Cordner off for that he would be sacked...

Even the Referees know we are a basket case and can do what they want!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
Tigersmurf
Member
Member
Posts: 1855
Joined: Tue 20 Oct, 2009 8:40 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Tigersmurf » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 11:47 am

He went in for the cheap shot and if it was shoulder first then it was merely poor execution. Things happen on the field, players get frustrated and this is what can happen.

He will get a week or two, do his time and be a better player for it.


formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3023
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 45 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 12:24 pm

Myles or Birdesque level cheap shot, particularly on a half. Very disappointing.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24997
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 12:51 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:He went in for the cheap shot and if it was shoulder first then it was merely poor execution. Things happen on the field, players get frustrated and this is what can happen.

He will get a week or two, do his time and be a better player for it.
Good to see no sugarcoating here...just facts

Tygr
Member
Member
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu 20 Mar, 2014 12:35 am

Unread post by Tygr » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 12:56 pm

since when is a swinging arm considered a punch?

Agree it was totally unnecessary and a bad look. For a guy thats trying to improve his image in the game thats not going to help. People will see that and perceive he is a grub when from all reports he is a gentlemen off the field.

Cop the 2-3 weeks Marty and learn from this. And get back to playing good hard tough clean footy.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 35889
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 12:58 pm

Problem will probably be if he has any points from any previous indiscretions

Have to wait and see I reckon

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5490
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 1:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tigersmurf wrote:He went in for the cheap shot and if it was shoulder first then it was merely poor execution. Things happen on the field, players get frustrated and this is what can happen.

He will get a week or two, do his time and be a better player for it.
Good to see no sugarcoating here...just facts

I can't believe the amount of people defending it. It was a dog act on a defenseless small guy. I hope he gets 6 weeks for it.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1821
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 1:38 pm

I remember George Rose made a very similar hit on Fitzhenry back in rd 1, 2010.
Exactly the same results - teams came together for a push and shove, Rose for 10 in the bin.

Was a low move from an understandably frustrated player. As per Trent Robinson, it was unnecessary.

lathami
Member
Member
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 6:03 pm

Unread post by lathami » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 3:40 pm

Get over it 'king siro' what a name?!?
What about the swinging arm gidley gave Lawrence which didn't even give a penalty!
A sinbin your kidding, it was ugly but he was trying to knock the ball out. Is it tapaus fault that Maloneys head looks a lot like the football??
On a side note, how poor is tapau going all the talk on how good he is, and nothing since rabbits game. Again a bit of a hoax, but he should be coming on after 20min not starting!

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 95 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 4:18 pm

king sirro wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Tigersmurf wrote:He went in for the cheap shot and if it was shoulder first then it was merely poor execution. Things happen on the field, players get frustrated and this is what can happen.

He will get a week or two, do his time and be a better player for it.
Good to see no sugarcoating here...just facts

I can't believe the amount of people defending it. It was a dog act on a defenseless small guy. I hope he gets 6 weeks for it.
I don't entirely agree with this. Maloney submitted - he dived on the ground and lay there curled up. One of the Broncos did the same thing last week and Naiqama waited for him to get to his feet.

If you lie there on the ground and submit, you deserve a shot.

That being said, Taupau can't land that shot about the head with a swinging arm. In fact it's pure stupidity, because a cocked arm is like an alarm-bell for a ref, they will always come down on you like a ton of bricks. Better if he had just gone in hard with a good shoulder tackle, would still have hurt the bloke without attacking his head.

User avatar
Mighty Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:23 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Mighty Tiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 4:22 pm

lathami wrote:Get over it 'king siro' what a name?!?
What about the swinging arm gidley gave Lawrence which didn't even give a penalty!
A sinbin your kidding, it was ugly but he was trying to knock the ball out. Is it tapaus fault that Maloneys head looks a lot like the football??
On a side note, how poor is tapau going all the talk on how good he is, and nothing since rabbits game. Again a bit of a hoax, but he should be coming on after 20min not starting!
Marty's hit was terrible and dumb, I'm actually glad he was binned and hope he gets a week or 2 then JT makes him come back via reggies to wake him up. His talk walking off etc was a joke as well. Very dumb.

For one of the more senior and a rep player it's hardly the example he should of being setting whilst we were getting thumped.

He is a myth for me, everyone talks about Brooks, Moses, Sirro etc but Marty is actually worse than all of them. He hasn't stepped up and is good for a decent game 1 in 5, he might make a good hit up or 2 but then fades right out of it. I actually think he has reached his potential as well which is saying something. With the interchange reducing next year he is a player that should be better suited off the bench rather than starting but with the limited minutes he plays how would he fit into the team. He isn't a starting NRL quality backrower/lock IMO due to his inability to play longer than 25min spurt and lack or consistency. He isn't worth a top line money contract over 350k either based on this year.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5490
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 4:30 pm

jirskyr wrote:
king sirro wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Tigersmurf wrote:He went in for the cheap shot and if it was shoulder first then it was merely poor execution. Things happen on the field, players get frustrated and this is what can happen.

He will get a week or two, do his time and be a better player for it.
Good to see no sugarcoating here...just facts

I can't believe the amount of people defending it. It was a dog act on a defenseless small guy. I hope he gets 6 weeks for it.
I don't entirely agree with this. Maloney submitted - he dived on the ground and lay there curled up. One of the Broncos did the same thing last week and Naiqama waited for him to get to his feet.

If you lie there on the ground and submit, you deserve a shot.

That being said, Taupau can't land that shot about the head with a swinging arm. In fact it's pure stupidity, because a cocked arm is like an alarm-bell for a ref, they will always come down on you like a ton of bricks. Better if he had just gone in hard with a good shoulder tackle, would still have hurt the bloke without attacking his head.
I actually think what your saying is agreeing with me. I have no problem with Maloney being fair game. It's the deliberate shot to the head that's the problem. I reckon Taupau wants to be suspended so he doesn't have to play
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3095
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 4:54 pm

It was a matter of time before Marty did lose it
The bloke has been giving it his all from the start in a team of players making half the effort
Marty is heavily involved in carting the ball up- field and defending too.

Its a shame he did what he did and will pick up a suspension but i bet the guy has had a gut-full of his team mates not putting in

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 95 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 4:56 pm

king sirro wrote:
I actually think what your saying is agreeing with me. I have no problem with Maloney being fair game. It's the deliberate shot to the head that's the problem. I reckon Taupau wants to be suspended so he doesn't have to play
Fair enough I get what you mean.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 95 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 4:56 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:It was a matter of time before Marty did lose it
The bloke has been giving it his all from the start in a team of players making half the effort
Marty is heavily involved in carting the ball up- field and defending too.

Its a shame he did what he did and will pick up a suspension but i bet the guy has had a gut-full of his team mates not putting in
Can someone back me up, this isn't the first cheap shot he's put on this year? I recall at least one other swinging arm in 2015, though it escapes me which game this was.

He's not a cool-headed player.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 20: Wests Tigers vs Sydney Roosters”