Well done Mitch

stryker

Well done Mitch

Post by stryker » Fri 31 Jul, 2015 11:20 pm

I am one of this blokes biggest supporters. I really like his approach to his football. Season 2015 has not been kind to him but he has shown glimpses of his potential in almost every game.

You could really see his frustration mid season as he was shackled and struggled to contain his free wheeling spirit. To his credit, JT has obviously released the reigns recently and this guy's attacking brilliance is being uncovered each week. He pops up everywhere all over the field either in support or demanding the ball. He does everything at speed and throws a beautiful pass. His running game is also electric. It doesn't always come off for him i.e. last week but tonight he was only beaten for MOM for mine by a guy who almost played perfect Rugby League.

Well done Mitch. Looking forward to witnessing your continued evolution.

ryanda01

Post by ryanda01 » Fri 31 Jul, 2015 11:29 pm

+1. Consistency across the next 2 or 3 seasons and it will almost seem OK that we punted Austin.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 31 Jul, 2015 11:30 pm

He was great...the slight of hand for Tedesco's second try was sublime...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 31 Jul, 2015 11:41 pm

Good defense as well. Remember. ...first year in grade

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 31 Jul, 2015 11:42 pm

The kids a GUN !

Once he's had another season and he fills out a bit....WATCH OUT !!!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

mctiger

Post by mctiger » Fri 31 Jul, 2015 11:52 pm

Clearly he has some nice touches in his game but in particular I have always liked his effort. He backs up well, chases hard if the opposition make a break and puts his body on the line in defence and seems to be always talking.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 31 Jul, 2015 11:58 pm

He went well yeah, good for him to match the hype that surrounds him. Must be a little weight lifted from his shoulders. Brooks still is hiding in there somewhere. He's not at all dominant. Hopefully soon, he'll break free.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 12:00 am

mctiger wrote:Clearly he has some nice touches in his game but in particular I have always liked his effort. He backs up well, chases hard if the opposition make a break and puts his body on the line in defence and seems to be always talking.

Yes those qualities are what have impressed me.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 12:10 am

Moses is only going to get better. He is very good now with strong defence and wonderful skills. Austin could not have done quite a few things with the ball we witnessed tonight. And the try which Tedesco scored in the first half with the combination between Cherrington and Moses was sublime.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 12:25 am

I believe the kid's still eligible for the NYC

But we need the forwards to fire up every week for the kids to shine

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 1:09 am

i was pretty harsh on him early on this year but have really changed my opinion of him - especially lately. his backing up is really noticeable and he does it really well (still a bit annoyed that nofo didnt pass to him last week!), his passing game is excellent and the biggest improvement he has made has been defensively.

he doesnt make many breaks, but he is really quick and always looks very close to making one.

i really like him. glad he has proven many (including myself) wrong. good on ya mitch.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 5:57 am

turnstyle wrote:i was pretty harsh on him early on this year but have really changed my opinion of him - especially lately. his backing up is really noticeable and he does it really well (still a bit annoyed that nofo didnt pass to him last week!), his passing game is excellent and the biggest improvement he has made has been defensively.

he doesnt make many breaks, but he is really quick and always looks very close to making one.

i really like him. glad he has proven many (including myself) wrong. good on ya mitch.
You weren't alone mate in your harshness. There were plenty on here. Mitch was always going to come good, and still has a long way to go but that's what you get with inexperience. Unfortunately in our club players like Moses, Brooks and Siro are not getting the luxury of developing in reserve grade. All 3 are the goods and people just need patience ( easier said than done)

I'm still not convinced even when Brooks comes good that Moses won't be the better player in the end.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 6:33 am

He is going to be so much better with a full pre season under Taylor. All the building blocks and talent are there, just need to get him physically prepared. He will be pretty handy next year running at tired forwards with changes to interchange and less dead ball time.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 6:42 am

I have to give credit where it's due,Mitch was outstanding last night,a young developing playmaker stood out like a beacon amongst the seasoned opposition...
Moses is coming along in leaps and bounds,what has impressed me over the last couple of games is how he commits himself in defense and has a go,I wish Brooks could take a leaf out of his book instead of arm grabbing and non commitment in tackles sometimes..he may take slightly longer to come out of his shell,but when he does,look the hell out.....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 7:36 am

stryker wrote:I am one of this blokes biggest supporters. I really like his approach to his football. Season 2015 has not been kind to him but he has shown glimpses of his potential in almost every game.

You could really see his frustration mid season as he was shackled and struggled to contain his free wheeling spirit. To his credit, JT has obviously released the reigns recently and this guy's attacking brilliance is being uncovered each week. He pops up everywhere all over the field either in support or demanding the ball. He does everything at speed and throws a beautiful pass. His running game is also electric. It doesn't always come off for him i.e. last week but tonight he was only beaten for MOM for mine by a guy who almost played perfect Rugby League.

Well done Mitch. Looking forward to witnessing your continued evolution.
A great footballer in the making.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 7:56 am

He has some serious skill. Very good vision which was highlighted by his turn and chase to reel in an attacking grubber kick aimed at Koroibete's wing. His passing game last week was off, but our execution was much better last night and some of Moses passes were excellent.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 8:03 am

Watching the game live it was noticeable that both halves run more last night. For mine Mitch has a bit of x-factor about his game. He has always had the ability it is just with more games in the NRL he is getting more confident. Tedesco almost plays as a third half some times and the combinations the three are forming can only lead to very good things in the future.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 8:16 am

Spartan117 wrote:Good defense as well. Remember. ...first year in grade
His defence has improved over the course of the season. Considering the role that he is playing and that it is his first year in first grade I think he will be something special.