Well done Mitch

stevetiger

Re: Well done Mitch

Post by stevetiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 2:36 pm

Russell wrote:I'll say it one more time - this kid is the best prospect I have ever seen in 65 years of following the Tigers and the Wests Tigers.
That is a big big call. If he becomes as good as Tedesco he will be special. I always thought Tedesco looked like he could be a really good player and I get the same impression with Moses. It'll be interesting how Moses progresses.
Russell wrote:The difference between Moses and Benji is that Mitchell is a team player.
I think you are saying that Moses makes players around him better. If that is what you are stating I can see where you are coming from. I think Brooks though is definitely not a guy who will play for himself only.
Last edited by stevetiger on Sat 01 Aug, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 4:29 pm

Russell wrote:Well it is nice to see all the knockers being put in their place.

Hopefully I won't have to keep defending him against half the Forum.
We know he is young, lacks experience, lacks a forward pack that goes forward EVERY week and a few good players around him that can take advantage of his talent.

When it comes together ( even in a few games last year), surely even the blind can see the brilliance of this kid and how he is shining brighter with every game he plays.

I'll say it one more time - this kid is the best prospect I have ever seen in 65 years of following the Tigers and the Wests Tigers.

The difference between Moses and Benji is that Mitchell is a team player.

Good to have a few more on board as Moses will part the opposition defence for his team mates in the coming years.
Big call.....i think Tedesco may have both Moses and Benji covered....he is consistently doing amazing things in a team running last. Only have to look at his try assist to know he is one of the most influential players in the comp (i would not swap him for anyone). How does anyone beat Koribete on the outside? Moses needs some threatening edge runners to really come into his own....pity Lawrence got injured.

W.Boland (c)

Post by W.Boland (c) » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 4:46 pm

Great game from MM. Wonder how he will go adding the goal kicking next year? Some off season work with JT might prove invaluable.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 4:50 pm

Moses is a special talent emerging at a time when good halves are scarce. It was obvious why Austin was moved on to accommodate Moses. Wait until we have a Cherrington, Brooks, Moses and Tedesco combination.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 6:07 pm

W.Boland (c) wrote:Great game from MM. Wonder how he will go adding the goal kicking next year? Some off season work with JT might prove invaluable.
Welcome to the forum captain.

Mitchell will have no drama in adding the kicking responsibility to his load. I won't go as far as Russell, but he is a special talent and top shelf player in the making.

Twmba Tigerman

Post by Twmba Tigerman » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 6:08 pm

Couldn't agree more with most comments. An off season to work on a few kilo's whilst keeping his pace and flight and I can see only good things coming of his time with the Tigers. A back rower with a bit of mongrel and a centre with a bit of quality to compliment the emerging talent we already have and we are on the right track. Brooks is a work in progress but still part of our future.
"Bleeding Gold Black and White" to the end.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 6:23 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:I was about to start a thread that would have been just about verbatim to that of the OP, before coming across this as he echoed my thoughts exactly. A bit of a worry as I often feel there is a certain arrogance behind that keyboard.

Credit to both Mitch and the coach for finding the middle ground that has been emerging for a couple of months, despite WT not winning. The boy has the goods and will continue to develop.

Time for his knockers, one Gold Coast resident in particular to back off, even just a little ;) :)
Mitch has already been given credit by a lot of people including myself , who have had doubts about him .
I hope there many games like last nights to come ,as both Mitch ,
and most of the team went well, particularly Tedesco, Now it's how they back that performance up , that is as important as last nights game, if not more.
We have one person already jumping on the "eggs on the faces" band wagon, just like a few of them did after the Souths Game, it didn't last long .
I've said in most posts that I hope that he does get better, as it would mean we have a better team.
I'll continue to give him credit where it's warranted, but one game is one game and our history of playing well for one game then dropping back to near oblivion is too well known to get over excited.
I hope the team can continue to attack like last night, but we still have to stop letting soft tries in ,
Noted your praise in another thread, which was good to see.

He had a bit of a hiccup in the chooks game, but has been going well for a while now, just a pity that it took the coach so long to wake up to the fact that he was stunting Mitch's development and used one-out crap tactics like the cows and prior game as some form of punishment?

willow

Post by willow » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 9:01 pm

Stick Moses in a side such as the Chooks or Cowboys and boy would you see what he could do then with more space to move.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 12:25 pm

Yep Mitch was fantastic. Has always had a good attitude which is half the battle but has recently started to turn that into results on the field also. Hope he keeps it up.

I've seen Luke do just as many things as what Mitch did on fri night also so I'm confident he's the right half back for us. He just seems a little down on confidence atm but Friday's result will do him the world of good.

Really loving the way our halves are playing both sides of the ruck & linking up really well. With Teddy always lurking around looking for an opportunity to strike off the back of them this gives us so many more dangerous options. I'm sure we'll have plenty more failures but just hope we keep improving.