Koroibete

User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Koroibete

Post by Flippedy » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 12:01 am

I wonder if tonight's exposure of Koroibete's defensive and handling flaws, by our own beloved team, will finally shut us all up about how much we miss him? :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen


User avatar
Doc Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 12:05 am

His ordinary game tonight is far outweighed by his many good performances. But Pats kicks sure helped out a lot tonight.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10109
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 12:06 am

Flippedy wrote:I wonder if tonight's exposure of Koroibete's defensive and handling flaws, by our own beloved team, will finally shut us all up about how much we miss him? :lol:
Maybe ??
He scored 2 , but let in 3 :lol:

Next week I hope we put to bed the Austin fan boys !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

fairdinkum
Member
Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun 05 Apr, 2015 1:38 am

Post by fairdinkum » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 12:06 am

Me and the boys were blowing up deluxe in the first 16 mins about how dumb the Tigers are letting players go ala 2 try marika. Not much was said after the 17th minute......

User avatar
NJLM78
Member
Member
Posts: 2708
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 12:06 am

Those were the reasons he found himself out of first grade here. He got away with another two knock ons from kicks in the second half.


User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 12:09 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
Flippedy wrote:I wonder if tonight's exposure of Koroibete's defensive and handling flaws, by our own beloved team, will finally shut us all up about how much we miss him? :lol:
Maybe ??
He scored 2 , but let in 3 :lol:

Next week I hope we put to bed the Austin fan boys !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Hmmm, I think Austin might be a different kettle of fish. He's darn good, that boy, but we can hope for an off game :pray:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 12:20 am

Koro has a lot of flaws in his game, always has. At times when he was with us I thought this bloke knows very little about how to play Rugby League but his speed and power are an asset.

Not much has changed but he'd still look good on our wing getting hit by Teddy and Moses fast balls.

bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2440
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by bp tiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 12:36 am

with what we have got i would have koro any day of the week, it is very clear we put no time into koro.

MightyTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun 16 Mar, 2014 7:10 pm
Location: Wollongong

Post by MightyTiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 12:54 am

bp tiger wrote:with what we have got i would have koro any day of the week, it is very clear we put no time into koro.
So by watching the game tonight it looks like the storm have put no time into him also. It is as clear as anything yes koro can score a try but for god sake he lets in double of what he scores.

Sick of the crap people keep saying that we should of done this and kept him. Build a bridge and support the players we have.

User avatar
VanillaThunder
Member
Member
Posts: 969
Joined: Mon 18 Jul, 2011 12:57 am
Location: Perth, WA

Post by VanillaThunder » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 4:40 am

MightyTiger wrote:
bp tiger wrote:with what we have got i would have koro any day of the week, it is very clear we put no time into koro.
So by watching the game tonight it looks like the storm have put no time into him also. It is as clear as anything yes koro can score a try but for god sake he lets in double of what he scores.

Sick of the crap people keep saying that we should of done this and kept him. Build a bridge and support the players we have.
First sentence sums it up for me MightyTiger. If he hasn't really progressed under a coach who excels at drawing the best out of underperforming or under-utilised players, he wouldn't have fared much better here.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3278
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 5:43 am

i would have him back in a heartbeat yes he makes mistakes but his attack is more than worth it

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7964
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 7:15 am

He had a rough night against his old team that targeted him and he was probably nervous playing at Leichardt, the crowd were probably giving it to him too.

Every other game this year he's been excellent.

fergiefurr
Member
Member
Posts: 2900
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 7:43 am

MacDougall wrote:He had a rough night against his old team that targeted him and he was probably nervous playing at Leichardt, the crowd were probably giving it to him too.

Every other game this year he's been excellent.
Exactly, he's played like 15 great games and had 3 off ones this year.

Pats had 3 great games and 15 average/terrible ones.

I know which one I'd prefer.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32959
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 7:53 am

He's rocks and diamonds. As he has shown this year, with the ball in hand he's very difficult to contain and his speed and power are massive assets. Defensively he still sucks and is shaky under the high ball. He did well to exploit our right edge for two tries. We did better to exploit his defence and bomb defusal for 3 tries.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 8:16 am

stryker wrote:Koro has a lot of flaws in his game, always has. At times when he was with us I thought this bloke knows very little about how to play Rugby League but his speed and power are an asset.

Not much has changed but he'd still look good on our wing getting hit by Teddy and Moses fast balls.
We miss him big time. We would be scoring a tonne of points with him out there.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5929
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 8:37 am

Problem with Korobeite is Melbourne are a very disciplined team and can often cover for his mistakes.

If Koro was still with us, and I wouldn't be against that because we are about to become 1 winger short 2016, his mistakes would be magnified in an already struggling team.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7964
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 8:54 am

That's right mate. Melbourne are a side that can afford to have a Koroibete or a Fonua out there because of how solid they are across the park. We need solid, we already have game breakers in Teddy, Noffa, Moses, Taupau. That's why I like the murmurs of us signing Allwood. He's the sort of domestique centre we need. Buckles guys in defence and can do damage in attack. He's a bit like a budget version of Matai.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40527
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 9:07 am

stevetiger wrote:
stryker wrote:Koro has a lot of flaws in his game, always has. At times when he was with us I thought this bloke knows very little about how to play Rugby League but his speed and power are an asset.

Not much has changed but he'd still look good on our wing getting hit by Teddy and Moses fast balls.
We miss him big time. We would be scoring a tonne of points with him out there.
And letting a tonne in

But attack is more important than defence ,hey ??

Melbourne won't win a premiership with Koroibete

If we can isolate him so easily imagine what The Roosters ,Broncos ,Cowboys will do to him in big games when its all on the line

Post Reply