Koroibete

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6950
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Koroibete

Post by supercoach » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 9:43 am

With Brooks Moses and Teddy doing their stuff Koro would have been a sensation with us. Okay he will always have a error in him but he has speed,size and power. Also what winger is error free,they get more exposed than any other player on the field

Also you would put a lot of extra bums on seats because he is good to watch


stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 9:59 am

happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
stryker wrote:Koro has a lot of flaws in his game, always has. At times when he was with us I thought this bloke knows very little about how to play Rugby League but his speed and power are an asset.

Not much has changed but he'd still look good on our wing getting hit by Teddy and Moses fast balls.
We miss him big time. We would be scoring a tonne of points with him out there.
And letting a tonne in

But attack is more important than defence ,hey ??

Melbourne won't win a premiership with Koroibete

If we can isolate him so easily imagine what The Roosters ,Broncos ,Cowboys will do to him in big games when its all on the line
I'm sorry but I just don't believe this. Its not a matter off defence being more important than attack either. Stop falling for JT's spin that he went on with.

Our recent performances hopefully mean that JT is starting to realize that its about scoring more points than the opposition. Maybe you can get on board and realize that is how you win games.

User avatar
Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by Defiant » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 10:01 am

How good was it to see Tedesco take the sideline when offered by Koro, never seen anyone get around him like that before.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2870
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 10:02 am

fergiefurr wrote:
MacDougall wrote:He had a rough night against his old team that targeted him and he was probably nervous playing at Leichardt, the crowd were probably giving it to him too.

Every other game this year he's been excellent.
Exactly, he's played like 15 great games and had 3 off ones this year.

Pats had 3 great games and 15 average/terrible ones.

I know which one I'd prefer.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Pat Richards, number 3 NRL point scorer. I don't see Koroibete on the list. I know which one I'd prefer.
"Quality Stupidity"

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2307
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 10:33 am

When he is under pressure Koro Still crumbles, both the high ball and bad decisions. Based on that, if he was still with us he could well be a basket case by now!

But damn he looks good with the ball in hand and the try line in sight...

edit; The NRL site is almost blaming Koro for the loss, don't think that is the case, last night the Storm were out-played in most areas.


NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2870
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 10:48 am

I have to admit, he's exciting to watch in attack. I'll bet if you're a Storm supporter he's equally exciting to watch in defence, but for different reasons.
"Quality Stupidity"

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4695
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 11:20 am

Well - why in the hell did we let Koro go?

* Probably because he lets in more tries than he scored (been howled down for saying this so many times).

* Probably because of his defence.

* Probably because he can't read the play and never will.

* probably because he is hopeless under the high ball.

* Probably because other teams will target him more as time goes by.

* Probably because he didn't want to stay and play for us.

Can we now get over this "Flash in pan" and put it to bed and as someone else said support the players we have that want to play for us.

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40152
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 11:31 am

stevetiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
stryker wrote:Koro has a lot of flaws in his game, always has. At times when he was with us I thought this bloke knows very little about how to play Rugby League but his speed and power are an asset.

Not much has changed but he'd still look good on our wing getting hit by Teddy and Moses fast balls.
We miss him big time. We would be scoring a tonne of points with him out there.
And letting a tonne in

But attack is more important than defence ,hey ??

Melbourne won't win a premiership with Koroibete

If we can isolate him so easily imagine what The Roosters ,Broncos ,Cowboys will do to him in big games when its all on the line
I'm sorry but I just don't believe this. Its not a matter off defence being more important than attack either. Stop falling for JT's spin that he went on with.

Our recent performances hopefully mean that JT is starting to realize that its about scoring more points than the opposition. Maybe you can get on board and realize that is how you win games.
Yes it is Steve , you just don't get it

Koro proved it last night in plain black and white

If you can't defend better than you can attack you lose a lot of games

Checkmate

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28459
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 1:32 pm

Haha...melb wont win because of koro.
They wont win, but not because of him.

Yeh, he has flaws, not many perfect players around, especially at Concord. Its not like our current outside backs are defensive beasts
We could use him....but anyway...splilt milk n all that

Chevy
Member
Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri 04 Apr, 2014 8:05 pm

Post by Chevy » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 1:47 pm

Not one of his best games but i would still take him back.

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by ricksen » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 12:27 pm

Bit of overreaction here. He was definitely poor on Friday, but he's been great most of the year for the storm.
Cameron Smith was poor on Friday as well, but fair to say he's a decent footballer in general.
Small sample sizes can be deceiving.

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40152
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 12:30 pm

ricksen wrote:Bit of overreaction here. He was definitely poor on Friday, but he's been great most of the year for the storm.
Cameron Smith was poor on Friday as well, but fair to say he's a decent footballer in general.
Small sample sizes can be deceiving.
Clubs will be watching these videos as we speak

Teams will now focus on Koroibete

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by ricksen » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 12:33 pm

Teams have been doing it all year, his weaknesses are no secret. He's stood up to it for the most part, but thankfully had issues on Friday night.
The men inside him weren't overly helpful either

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40152
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 12:45 pm

ricksen wrote:Teams have been doing it all year, his weaknesses are no secret. He's stood up to it for the most part, but thankfully had issues on Friday night.
The men inside him weren't overly helpful either
I think I've seen him targeted 2-3 times this season and he hasn't handled it well

Most times opposition sides are trying to target Green and Cronk and have tried to blunt their attack

Just about every winger they have used has got issues defensively

Fonua ,Young T (don't even ask me to spell his name ) ,Koroibete all have issues defensively

Koroibete struggles with high balls

It didn't help Koroibete with the noise our crowd made every time a bomb came his way either

Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 1063
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 1:50 pm

Nofos been letting a few in lately including 2 against Koro.

Would rather have Koro than Nofo,
Austin than Moses,
Blair than Sirro.
They are less injury prone and I"m sure we would be doing better full stop.

methods
Member
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue 05 Jun, 2012 6:58 am

Post by methods » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 1:55 pm

Some people should really keep their thoughts to themselves...

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Mccarry
Member
Member
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri 21 Jun, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by Mccarry » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 2:00 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:Nofos been letting a few in lately including 2 against Koro.

Would rather have Koro than Nofo,
Austin than Moses,
Blair than Sirro.
They are less injury prone and I"m sure we would be doing better full stop.
I am opposite on all accounts. I do take your point on injuries. Siro and Nofo have had terrible runs.

Potential wise, our three have more potential. Yeah yeah I feel the pain of using the word potential, though I need it to be true

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

methods
Member
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue 05 Jun, 2012 6:58 am

Post by methods » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 2:02 pm

Please - Blair back. That will do me

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Post Reply