Sirro jr

Tigerheart_returns

Sirro jr

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 7:50 pm

Noticed not too much has been said, but he is coming along nicely, IMHO...

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 8:00 pm

Yeah it's taken a while, probably due to injury setbacks etc, but you're right, he is coming along nicely now and improving with every game.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Tigerbenb

Post by Tigerbenb » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 8:39 pm

Speaking of juniors, living in QLD, how does his brother bailey go ? Looks a raw boned unit.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 8:59 pm

Tigerbenb wrote:Speaking of juniors, living in QLD, how does his brother bailey go ? Looks a raw boned unit.
Highly regarded along with Ray Stone. They already have him in the backrow in NYC so he should be more adept at it when he makes his FG debut compared to Curtis. Not as tall as Curtis but he'll fill out more and be a solid unit.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 9:38 pm

Personally Sirro has been a frustration for me. He hasn't lived up to his hype and is reaching his potential at a snails pace. He played well last night though.

Tygr

Post by Tygr » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 9:47 pm

Not too much has been said because he isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

Nor is he playing horribly.

He's been playing well, without being brilliant. Which is fine.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 9:49 pm

Sirro >
Big fan, love him.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 10:11 am

His continual injuries have been a massive hindrance on him IMO. Since he's gone full time back row (ie last year), he's barely gone four or five games without some sort of niggle or worse.
Keep him fit and he'll thrive I think, the size and talent is all there.

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 10:35 am

Has potential to be anything. Sbw v2 comes to mind. In terms of his injuries it was caused by sheens bringing him into grade to early, undeveloped poor resources ect. The guy would be a machine by now if he come through grade at the dogs. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be another Lawrence that the wests tigers have ruined their careers.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 10:57 am

At the start of the year I had some real doubts, I thought although playing in the back row I thought he was still playing like a no6 rather than using his size and hitting hard in both defence and attack. Since coming back from his neck injury he has been really good in both attack and defence. I am not one for being optimistic as being a tigers fan it usually comes back to bite you, but 2016 could be way better than I expected with the kids starting to look like the real thing.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 11:34 am

supercoach wrote:At the start of the year I had some real doubts, I thought although playing in the back row I thought he was still playing like a no6 rather than using his size and hitting hard in both defence and attack. Since coming back from his neck injury he has been really good in both attack and defence. I am not one for being optimistic as being a tigers fan it usually comes back to bite you, but 2016 could be way better than I expected with the kids starting to look like the real thing.
He looks a much better player, both more involved and more aggressive, since coming back.
Who knows how much that injury was holding him back?

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 11:36 am

Before this year, all his first grade opportunity was due to his name, promise and the odd glimpse. He was looking pretty good in the backrow at the start of the season. He played a few games injured and his performance dropped slightly.

He's really starting to look like a first grade backrower now. I can see him developing into a rep player easily. A fit off-season and I think he'll be a real weapon next year. He is big but has unique skill for that size. Let's hope he doesn't lose that. I think we need to use him on the offensive line a bit more. Run a couple plays for and through him. Use him as a battering ram then as a ball player. Those sort of plays can make the defense stand still. With Tedesco and Moses sniffing around, I like the opportunities that would present themselves.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 12:01 pm

Was good to see him ball playing too like that try we scored from first tackle from the scrum.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 12:06 pm

Tigerbenb wrote:Speaking of juniors, living in QLD, how does his brother bailey go ? Looks a raw boned unit.
Bailey stood up to the huge Panthers' pack in the recent U20 game at Leichhardt. Matt Woods and young Stone also impressed. We have a lot of answers to vacancies in our NRL roster in our own juniors. Why waste money on players and have a repeat of the Blair fiasco?

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 12:10 pm

Sirro is going to be something else. He's taking his bloody time getting there though. His and Lawrence might actually be enough of a backrow for us next year with Halatau, Sue, Bailey, Liolevave for depth.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 12:18 pm

I still can't see Sironen as an 80 minute player

This is going to cause issues for us moving into the new interchange rules

You will also need back rowers that are relatively injury free going into the future

W.Boland (c)

Post by W.Boland (c) » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 12:18 pm

I wonder if anyone has shown him and the halves video of Gareth Ellis running angles?....I suspect he would be quite devasting with some plays built around that kind of technique, and with the strength he seems to be building.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 12:53 pm

W.Boland (c) wrote:I wonder if anyone has shown him and the halves video of Gareth Ellis running angles?....I suspect he would be quite devasting with some plays built around that kind of technique, and with the strength he seems to be building.
True , but you rarely see teams run similar plays anymore

I reckon it could have to do with changes in the obstruction rules interpretations because you can't run the inside shoulder as that is where the decoy runner has to run now or they get called