Sirro jr

User avatar
W.Boland (c)
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue 28 Jul, 2015 10:51 pm

Re: Sirro jr

Post by W.Boland (c) » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 1:24 pm

Happy, I think you are spot on re. the set plays, spreading with decoys. Even more simply, I am reminded of Lui or Marshall drifting right or left inside 15m of the try line and Gareth just bolting diagonally inside, no decoy, no contact on the passer. Devastating and quite exciting.

Having said that, I am no expert on the rules! Just had another look at some video of Gareth and very nice memories it has to be said.


User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39591
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 1:31 pm

W.Boland (c) wrote:Happy, I think you are spot on re. the set plays, spreading with decoys. Even more simply, I am reminded of Lui or Marshall drifting right or left inside 15m of the try line and Gareth just bolting diagonally inside, no decoy, no contact on the passer. Devastating and quite exciting.

Having said that, I am no expert on the rules! Just had another look at some video of Gareth and very nice memories it has to be said.
A lot of it revolved around a certain B Marshall at his best also , when he was on he could place perfectly weighted passes for his ball runners , while his and Lawrence's running game out defences on the back foot as well

That left side was very potent until Rowdy got injured :cry:

Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 1046
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 1:55 pm

Has been ok but not really a hole runner or an 80 min player.
A big investment for little up to now.
Sue and Sea a much better with less experience.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5211
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 6:22 pm

littletiger wrote:Has potential to be anything. Sbw v2 comes to mind. In terms of his injuries it was caused by sheens bringing him into grade to early, undeveloped poor resources ect. The guy would be a machine by now if he come through grade at the dogs. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be another Lawrence that the wests tigers have ruined their careers.
WT ruined Lawrence's career? He was destined to play SOO and Internationals until his dislocated hip.

littletiger
Member
Member
Posts: 877
Joined: Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:01 pm

Post by littletiger » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 6:46 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
littletiger wrote:Has potential to be anything. Sbw v2 comes to mind. In terms of his injuries it was caused by sheens bringing him into grade to early, undeveloped poor resources ect. The guy would be a machine by now if he come through grade at the dogs. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be another Lawrence that the wests tigers have ruined their careers.
WT ruined Lawrence's career? He was destined to play SOO and Internationals until his dislocated hip.
People inside the club say Lawrence among others were always playing injured when they shouldn't of been. Don't think u can blame it all on the hip injury. I think sheens while at wt had a bit of a history of throwing young talent in underdeveloped. Look at all the injuries Marshall went through. Sironen, Dwyer , Lawrence, tedesco , was heading that way, that young forward nobody can remember his name ect ect.


tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7957
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 6:48 pm

his lack of speed and acceleration is my biggest issue

he's a very good footballer, tackles well, reads the play well, is strong but speed is a big let down no matter where you play.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7932
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 7:24 pm

I know this is going to sound weird but Sironen should probably keep bulking up and move into the front row. He looks big enough and as mentioned he doesn't have the leg speed for the back row. His ball playing is better off in the front row anyway with the modern game, or at the very least just playing in the 13.

phil1986
Member
Member
Posts: 976
Joined: Tue 07 Aug, 2012 9:45 pm

Post by phil1986 » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 7:26 pm

MacDougall wrote:I know this is going to sound weird but Sironen should probably keep bulking up and move into the front row. He looks big enough and as mentioned he doesn't have the leg speed for the back row. His ball playing is better off in the front row anyway with the modern game, or at the very least just playing in the 13.
Doesn't sound as silly as you think.

He should still be bulking. But would see him much better out wide than in the middle.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
Magpie Ryan
Member
Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed 04 Jun, 2014 8:13 pm

Post by Magpie Ryan » Mon 03 Aug, 2015 1:31 pm

His got bags of talent thou it has been coming in dribs and drabs.looking forward to seeing him tear it up in the coming seasons.
Friday night was good to see from sirro,keep it up mate!

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2002
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Mon 03 Aug, 2015 2:31 pm

He is bet on the left side and can be damaging. Someone needs to get him angry as he seems disinterested at times.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7932
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Mon 03 Aug, 2015 3:34 pm

The more I think about it the more I like him as a prop. He makes most of his metres after contact and he has a good offload and good short passing game. His lateral movement and leg speed aren't fantastic... Prop for mine. Hope someone else sees it sooner or later...

Yep, Curtis Sironen prop.

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3115
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 03 Aug, 2015 5:36 pm

He'll be our lock next season. Marty back to the bench.

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 2028
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 03 Aug, 2015 6:16 pm

Our edge defence has looked much better with him paying the last few weeks...

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5211
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 03 Aug, 2015 7:18 pm

Drawing a long bow littletiger to blame Sheens for every injury ever suffered by any of our players while he was coaching! I admit he threw a few blokes in the deep end before their time but he isn't to blame for everything. Players will get injured regardless of who the coach is.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4490
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 03 Aug, 2015 7:31 pm

I think he is fine where he is.

No more weight, no front row.

He is great on the left side imo - tackles hard, reads the play well and can deliver some brilliant offloads. Just needs runners.
I am sure when JT gets that happening you will find Teddy, Simona and the winger will be there in spades.

He is a real gooden!!!!

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5394
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 03 Aug, 2015 7:36 pm

Russell wrote:I think he is fine where he is.

No more weight, no front row.

He is great on the left side imo - tackles hard, reads the play well and can deliver some brilliant offloads. Just needs runners.
I am sure when JT gets that happening you will find Teddy, Simona and the winger will be there in spades.

He is a real gooden!!!!
I think people forget that Sirro has had a fair share of injuries...now he seems over them he will be better as the weeks roll on...Curtis will be a devestating player for us,especially with a good offseason and no niggling injuries... :righton:
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Post Reply