Are we wearing an indigenous jersey?

innsaneink

Are we wearing an indigenous jersey?

Post by innsaneink » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 11:44 am

So....are we?

marzie

Post by marzie » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 11:52 am

Don't think so, last year we auctioned an indigenous team shirt or something instead didnt we?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 12:35 pm

Thanks Marzie.
Maybe its because we have no indigenous players (that Im aware of)

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 1:30 pm

Who cares?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 1:50 pm

Jerk is sarcastic, mean, unforgiving and never misses an opportunity to make a cutting remark. Jerk's repulsive personality quickly alienates other Warriors, and after some initial skirmishing he is usually ostracized. Still, Jerk is very happy to participate in electronic forums because in cyberspace he is free to be himself...without the risk of getting a real-time punch in the mouth

http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warriorshtm/jerk.htm

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 2:03 pm

A bit young to be Col.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 2:07 pm

I care.

When we are where we are currently, we should be trying to appeal to as many people/fans as possible.

The indigenous community is a massive part of the Rugby League family, seemingly ignoring indigenous round (as it appears we are) seems a negative move

Auctioning one jersey may grab a handful of attention from those clicking on the website

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 2:33 pm

We should be...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 2:47 pm

We have the perfect colors for an indigenous jumper.
No other club has more suitable colors.
A good indigenous artist could design a mad jersey for us imo

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 3:52 pm

Pretty sure tomorrow night both teams are going to all onto the ground with local indigenous kids from the local junior teams. Except the who one will lead the raiders who won a colouring in competition to lead them on. The will be a welcome to country ceremony.

I know this due to being part of s junior team and they were chasing kids to participate. It was being done at short notice so may not eventuate

But do believe neither team are wearing an indigenous Jersey.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 4:25 pm

We already have too many jersies.

Im sure given our colours we could come up with a good looking indigenous jersey but the last time someone got hold of our colours we ended up with the abysmal grey jersey.

Good idea in theory to have one but how about we simplify the other issues first.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 5:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Jerk is sarcastic, mean, unforgiving and never misses an opportunity to make a cutting remark. Jerk's repulsive personality quickly alienates other Warriors, and after some initial skirmishing he is usually ostracized. Still, Jerk is very happy to participate in electronic forums because in cyberspace he is free to be himself...without the risk of getting a real-time punch in the mouth

http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warriorshtm/jerk.htm

From whom?

Same old, same old. Attack someone that does not agree with you. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion without the nutters slinging off. Wise up.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 8:34 pm

Hahaha...''attack''

Jebus col ... you need a cup of cement or six

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 10:35 pm

innsaneink wrote:I care.

When we are where we are currently, we should be trying to appeal to as many people/fans as possible.

The indigenous community is a massive part of the Rugby League family, seemingly ignoring indigenous round (as it appears we are) seems a negative move

Auctioning one jersey may grab a handful of attention from those clicking on the website
Well said Ink. The more support for the Indigenous community the better all round.
The club needs to find more ways to get involved, in this important occasion.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 10:38 pm

innsaneink wrote:We have the perfect colors for an indigenous jumper.
No other club has more suitable colors.
A good indigenous artist could design a mad jersey for us imo
Agree...it would look totally cool :supporter:

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 1:33 am

I agree Ink. We don't necessarily have the biggest Indigenous player base but this is a national initiative not an idea from clubland. It doesn't have to be anything extravagant but I think a similar idea to Richmond's jersey this year could look great (http://shop.richmondfc.com.au/products/ ... y-2000.jpg).
It's a celebration of the history of rugby league, and we ought to be a part of it.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 9:41 am

innsaneink wrote:I care.

Agree Ink, as you said we have a prime colour base to make a sweet looking jersey too.

That said, I'm sure this club would find a way to balls it up and make it look like an insult rather than a celebration.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 4:29 pm

We should be .... Probably would have heard by now though.

Marina ... Take note for next year.