Halatau

Tiger In The Gong

Re: Halatau

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:25 pm

I remember the off season and how almost everyone said the guy was a has been.

Credit to those who could see what he could bring to our team.


User avatar
Chris
Member
Member
Posts: 4469
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:00 am
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Chris » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:28 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:I remember the off season and how almost everyone said the guy was a has been.

Credit to those who could see what he could bring to our team.
I admit to being one of them and questioned why we brought him back to the club.

I was wrong.

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:34 pm

Chris wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:I remember the off season and how almost everyone said the guy was a has been.

Credit to those who could see what he could bring to our team.
I admit to being one of them and questioned why we brought him back to the club.

I was wrong.
Least you admit it.

I was always a fan, he has gone better than i thought as well.

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3062
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Eddie » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:11 pm

I have always been pretty postitive about Halatau

He is a bit of a plodder in the grand scheme of things.

However he is a good club man on average money that plays above his weight most weeks.

Keep giving him 1 year deals

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 6:00 am

Eddie wrote:He is a bit of a plodder in the grand scheme of things.
He definitely isn't a plodder. Hard fast hit-ups and strong defence.

He has been so good for us this year.


rex2ce
Member
Member
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue 25 Mar, 2014 9:43 am
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by rex2ce » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 7:50 am

A team is built around substance which in our team is supplied by Farah, CL and Halatau, all three must be kept no matter what their wage is

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 4861
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 110 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 8:35 am

He hasn't started many games this year right? He took some real hospital passes and didn't drop the pill.

I thought both Siro and Halatau were tough tonight. I don't see why a Rowdy-Siro-Hammer backrow wouldn't work to start 2016.

The Tooth
Member
Member
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue 18 Aug, 2009 12:30 pm

Unread post by The Tooth » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 10:39 am

I think he's earned his keep the whole year.

Sirro, Lawrence and Tapau looks like the best back row for 2016 (really hoping they keep Lawrence now). We all know what Tapau offers and both Sirro and Lawrence have proven they can hold their own in the 2nd row when fully fit.

Halatau makes for a good bench player. Can play 2nd row predominately, but also lock and hooker.
Brings experience with his age which will be needed with Patty and Sauce leaving.

User avatar
Mighty Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:23 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Mighty Tiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 11:34 am

I couldn't be happier for Dene, he has always been value for us if used in the right way. He is turning into our Fulton style player but with hard hit ups.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 12:56 pm

Eddie wrote:I have always been pretty postitive about Halatau

He is a bit of a plodder in the grand scheme of things.

However he is a good club man on average money that plays above his weight most weeks.

Keep giving him 1 year deals
Agreed, I didn't want to sign him but he's proven me wrong. Been very good.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 4763
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 55 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 1:20 pm

Must give him another contract for next season and hope we can unearth a decent backrower for 2017 and beyond, maybe Chee Kam could be that bloke. Well done Dene, seems like a genuine great bloke and has always busted a gut for WT. and he will forever be an '05 Immortal.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 1:51 pm

I also thought it was a poor signing but he has been so good.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 22: Wests Tigers vs Canberra Raiders”