Good tough win

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Good tough win

Unread post by stryker » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 9:23 pm

I was at the ground and it was freezing cold (I'm sure it snowed twice!). Our boys were clearly outclassed size and aggression wise and the Raiders played dirty. Our play makers, especially Ted were belted all game yet kept getting up and creating attack.

They tried to beat us with power and rough play but we got them with speed and skill. Special mention for the coaching staff. That game plan was spot on. We ran them around with superior ball movement. Our I'll discipline kept them in it for mine.

One thing of note...when Boyd scored on half time and started the melee, it happened right in front of me. First bloke who stood up for Teddy was Sirro and he was into them. While they were behind the posts I heard him screaming at the rest of the pack to stiffen up and "get that c### back". Bravo sir don't take crap from anyone.

Anyway, good hard win and hopefully we ended their season. Glad I braved the antarctic conditions lmao.

hobbo
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by hobbo » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 9:29 pm

stryker wrote:I was at the ground and it was freezing cold (I'm sure it snowed twice!). Our boys were clearly outclassed size and aggression wise and the Raiders played dirty. Our play makers, especially Ted were belted all game yet kept getting up and creating attack.

They tried to beat us with power and rough play but we got them with speed and skill. Special mention for the coaching staff. That game plan was spot on. We ran them around with superior ball movement. Our I'll discipline kept them in it for mine.

One thing of note...when Boyd scored on half time and started the melee, it happened right in front of me. First bloke who stood up for Teddy was Sirro and he was into them. While they were behind the posts I heard him screaming at the rest of the pack to stiffen up and "get that c### back". Bravo sir don't take crap from anyone.

Anyway, good hard win and hopefully we ended their season. Glad I braved the antarctic conditions lmao.
Your right !
It was almost sleeting from the TV pictures !!

Sirro was great tonight !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 9:29 pm

Bl--dy hell Stryker you would have definitely noticed the cold in Canberra coming form your part of the world! Our blokes showed some true grit tonight despite the filth they copped which you have mentioned, the Duke would have been proud, for what it's worth I was well done to the team they kept coming back. Ps you're not in town for Parliament are you :)

Winnipeg
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Winnipeg » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 9:38 pm

Grinding out a win away from home

Playing the percentages with a slim lead in the last few minutes

Recovering from some shocking lapses in concentration instead of dropping our bundle

Backing up after a big upset victory the week before

It was great to see. We could build on that performance if the season wasn't already over.

stryker

Unread post by stryker » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 9:47 pm

Hahaha nah mate a wedding on the weekend. Flying home in the morning if the planes aren't iced over!

greatodensraven
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:27 pm

stryker wrote:One thing of note...when Boyd scored on half time and started the melee, it happened right in front of me. First bloke who stood up for Teddy was Sirro and he was into them. While they were behind the posts I heard him screaming at the rest of the pack to stiffen up and "get that c### back". Bravo sir don't take crap from anyone.

Music to my ears. Thanks for the update.

softlaw
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by softlaw » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:53 pm

Sirro and the whole team stood up pretty much all night, was great to see.
Was actually a fairly mild night though - was still 8 degrees when I was driving home after the game. Could have been a hell of a lot worse than that at this time of year :)
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

stryker

Unread post by stryker » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 10:46 am

Don't you mean -8?
I don't know how you live in those conditions

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 12:59 pm

It was a very good win. We still have huge lapses in defence at critical times, but they toughed it out. Very pleasing.

supercoach
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 72 times

Unread post by supercoach » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 1:21 pm

The past few weeks they have defended very well when they have had a defensive line set, but when it comes to broken play they defence is average at best,but most teams struggle defending broken play.

My main concern is their attacking kicking game on the last tackle, we just can not create a repeat set. Back in Benji's day 50% of kicks went to row one but the other 50% were effective, Brooks and Moses just don't seem to be able to thread the needle. When Brooks first came on the scene he was touted as having brilliant kicking game,I have seen a couple for Teddy, but other than that not much at all. All part of a massive learning call I suppose but if they want to compete with the best you need to have a great kicking game

Return to “Round 22: Wests Tigers vs Canberra Raiders”