Moses V Austin

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7071
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Moses V Austin

Post by supercoach » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 7:47 am

Their was room in our squad for both players if it was managed the right way, but both could not wear the no6 jumper. Different types of players and both will win you games.

Austen was not great tonight but was not terrible either


formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4042
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 7:48 am

There is still plenty of room on Mitchell's bandwagon for the naysayers, a few ropes hanging from the back to tie their barrows on as well if they are still having trouble letting them go.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 7:49 am

It was only 3-4 weeks ago Austin scored 3 Tries [purely backing-up] and his coach still came out with "he has alot of work to do off the ball".

Austin has always played for himself, not the team.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
Mighty Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 847
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by Mighty Tiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 8:04 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:Most of you guys are off your heads. yes Moses is improving quickly, i rate the guy as much as anyone but letting Austin go was not a good decision.

Using one poor game to try and prove your point is fairly ordinary, makes us look like a d*** of a fan base, coming all but last but we are too good for the buy of the year. Get real.
Each to their own.

They are just 1 win above us, if that's the difference buy of the year would be then they can have him. The kid has a huge amount of skill and talent no doubts about it.

Austin reminds me a lot like a Benji style player except with the team playing capability. He runs one out, is a great support play, brilliant step and when the chips are down overplays his hand. Austin doesn't have the passing capability or vision however.

With the forward pack and support cast the Raiders have a player like Austin should be leading them well into the 8.

Last night showed the difference between Moses and Austin. It has been the difference all along but watching the 2 different playing styles against each other was very interesting.

They both support, both can step and both are smart footy players however Moses has the capability to feed his outside men rather than run it all the time. Moses leads the team around where as Austin doesn't. Moses is showing great control of his game considering he is 20 and starting to be the real leader barking orders at the team. Austin never has or will do that he isn't that type of player. Moses passing game on both sides flat and often onto the chest in front of a running player is very impressive. His long kicking game is something we will see more of and one most halves don't have either.

Austin had a terrible game last night and supporters compare, it's natural it's up to the players to remove the fodder opportunities and prove they would have been better. Last night Moses won.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 8:13 am

I too cant fathom Austin as the 'buy of the year' considering they arent even in the Top 8 and their best player Josh Hodgson is also in his first year at the Club?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017


fergiefurr
Member
Member
Posts: 2907
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by fergiefurr » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 8:13 am

Austin hasnt had a good game against a top 8 team. He is a one trick pony that any solid defense can control easily. Never bought into the hype.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 8:20 am

Mighty Tiger wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Most of you guys are off your heads. yes Moses is improving quickly, i rate the guy as much as anyone but letting Austin go was not a good decision.

Using one poor game to try and prove your point is fairly ordinary, makes us look like a d*** of a fan base, coming all but last but we are too good for the buy of the year. Get real.
Each to their own.

They are just 1 win above us, if that's the difference buy of the year would be then they can have him. The kid has a huge amount of skill and talent no doubts about it.

Austin reminds me a lot like a Benji style player except with the team playing capability. He runs one out, is a great support play, brilliant step and when the chips are down overplays his hand. Austin doesn't have the passing capability or vision however.

With the forward pack and support cast the Raiders have a player like Austin should be leading them well into the 8.

Last night showed the difference between Moses and Austin. It has been the difference all along but watching the 2 different playing styles against each other was very interesting.

They both support, both can step and both are smart footy players however Moses has the capability to feed his outside men rather than run it all the time. Moses leads the team around where as Austin doesn't. Moses is showing great control of his game considering he is 20 and starting to be the real leader barking orders at the team. Austin never has or will do that he isn't that type of player. Moses passing game on both sides flat and often onto the chest in front of a running player is very impressive. His long kicking game is something we will see more of and one most halves don't have either.

Austin had a terrible game last night and supporters compare, it's natural it's up to the players to remove the fodder opportunities and prove they would have been better. Last night Moses won.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Why has it always got to be about Moses v Austin.

Letting Austin go was not a good decision, and that has absolutely nothing to do with Mitchel friggen Moses...

Sick of this one or the other nonsense. they are both very good but very different players. Just leave it at that.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 8:21 am

Tiger Watto wrote:I too cant fathom Austin as the 'buy of the year' considering they arent even in the Top 8 and their best player Josh Hodgson is also in his first year at the Club?

Jake Granville is buy of the year, Austin in the top 3 for taking a wooden spoon team to the edge of the 8.

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 8:29 am

Here is my morning Challenge to the WTFers here.

Next time he or another Tiger has a difficult run, lets all stay relatively upbeat and positive.

For Me I always remember that I was an average no 9 at best in my days and that the Tigers are not affluent or cheats and that we have to do the best with the Cattle and coaches that we have.

Isnt it amazing a win does to change the outset of a coming week

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2683
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 8:36 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
Mighty Tiger wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Most of you guys are off your heads. yes Moses is improving quickly, i rate the guy as much as anyone but letting Austin go was not a good decision.

Using one poor game to try and prove your point is fairly ordinary, makes us look like a d*** of a fan base, coming all but last but we are too good for the buy of the year. Get real.
Each to their own.

They are just 1 win above us, if that's the difference buy of the year would be then they can have him. The kid has a huge amount of skill and talent no doubts about it.

Austin reminds me a lot like a Benji style player except with the team playing capability. He runs one out, is a great support play, brilliant step and when the chips are down overplays his hand. Austin doesn't have the passing capability or vision however.

With the forward pack and support cast the Raiders have a player like Austin should be leading them well into the 8.

Last night showed the difference between Moses and Austin. It has been the difference all along but watching the 2 different playing styles against each other was very interesting.

They both support, both can step and both are smart footy players however Moses has the capability to feed his outside men rather than run it all the time. Moses leads the team around where as Austin doesn't. Moses is showing great control of his game considering he is 20 and starting to be the real leader barking orders at the team. Austin never has or will do that he isn't that type of player. Moses passing game on both sides flat and often onto the chest in front of a running player is very impressive. His long kicking game is something we will see more of and one most halves don't have either.

Austin had a terrible game last night and supporters compare, it's natural it's up to the players to remove the fodder opportunities and prove they would have been better. Last night Moses won.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Why has it always got to be about Moses v Austin.

Letting Austin go was not a good decision, and that has absolutely nothing to do with Mitchel friggen Moses...

Sick of this one or the other nonsense. they are both very good but very different players. Just leave it at that.
I think because those of us that have defended Moses have had to put up with nearly a whole season of the Austin fanclub maligning Moses based on the performances of Austin. It wasnt long ago that on this forum some were suggesting that Moses was never ever going to be a first grader let alone a successful one. Who knows what the future holds for both players, but the Moses supporters are entitled to even up the balance a little in this discussion after what was a very poor performance of Austins. Had Austin outplayed Moses they would have all been at it again.

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3949
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 8:45 am

When you have good running backs lie Simona, Teddy ect..
You don't want to have a 5/8 that will just do a "show and go".
Moses got the bodies in motion style play going. Which WestsTigers are famous for.
Last night the skill level with ball in hand was a pleasure to watch. The ball going though the hands of the backline makes Teddy so much mor dangerous. Rather than receiving it flat footed.
in Ivan we distrust

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 9:36 am

Telltails wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:
Mighty Tiger wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Most of you guys are off your heads. yes Moses is improving quickly, i rate the guy as much as anyone but letting Austin go was not a good decision.

Using one poor game to try and prove your point is fairly ordinary, makes us look like a d*** of a fan base, coming all but last but we are too good for the buy of the year. Get real.
Each to their own.

They are just 1 win above us, if that's the difference buy of the year would be then they can have him. The kid has a huge amount of skill and talent no doubts about it.

Austin reminds me a lot like a Benji style player except with the team playing capability. He runs one out, is a great support play, brilliant step and when the chips are down overplays his hand. Austin doesn't have the passing capability or vision however.

With the forward pack and support cast the Raiders have a player like Austin should be leading them well into the 8.

Last night showed the difference between Moses and Austin. It has been the difference all along but watching the 2 different playing styles against each other was very interesting.

They both support, both can step and both are smart footy players however Moses has the capability to feed his outside men rather than run it all the time. Moses leads the team around where as Austin doesn't. Moses is showing great control of his game considering he is 20 and starting to be the real leader barking orders at the team. Austin never has or will do that he isn't that type of player. Moses passing game on both sides flat and often onto the chest in front of a running player is very impressive. His long kicking game is something we will see more of and one most halves don't have either.

Austin had a terrible game last night and supporters compare, it's natural it's up to the players to remove the fodder opportunities and prove they would have been better. Last night Moses won.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Why has it always got to be about Moses v Austin.

Letting Austin go was not a good decision, and that has absolutely nothing to do with Mitchel friggen Moses...

Sick of this one or the other nonsense. they are both very good but very different players. Just leave it at that.
I think because those of us that have defended Moses have had to put up with nearly a whole season of the Austin fanclub maligning Moses based on the performances of Austin. It wasnt long ago that on this forum some were suggesting that Moses was never ever going to be a first grader let alone a successful one.

And yet he is only 20 years old and was in high school 18 months ago

User avatar
Mighty Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 847
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by Mighty Tiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 11:30 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:I too cant fathom Austin as the 'buy of the year' considering they arent even in the Top 8 and their best player Josh Hodgson is also in his first year at the Club?

Jake Granville is buy of the year, Austin in the top 3 for taking a wooden spoon team to the edge of the 8.
Wouldn't that have more to do with Hodgson, Soliola, FPN etc.

The raiders are always the edge of the 8 team, majority games he plays against quality has been below par this year. Austin isn't as good as some on this forum make him out to be.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
Mighty Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 847
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by Mighty Tiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 11:33 am

tsjonathan wrote:
Telltails wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:
Mighty Tiger wrote: Each to their own.

They are just 1 win above us, if that's the difference buy of the year would be then they can have him. The kid has a huge amount of skill and talent no doubts about it.

Austin reminds me a lot like a Benji style player except with the team playing capability. He runs one out, is a great support play, brilliant step and when the chips are down overplays his hand. Austin doesn't have the passing capability or vision however.

With the forward pack and support cast the Raiders have a player like Austin should be leading them well into the 8.

Last night showed the difference between Moses and Austin. It has been the difference all along but watching the 2 different playing styles against each other was very interesting.

They both support, both can step and both are smart footy players however Moses has the capability to feed his outside men rather than run it all the time. Moses leads the team around where as Austin doesn't. Moses is showing great control of his game considering he is 20 and starting to be the real leader barking orders at the team. Austin never has or will do that he isn't that type of player. Moses passing game on both sides flat and often onto the chest in front of a running player is very impressive. His long kicking game is something we will see more of and one most halves don't have either.

Austin had a terrible game last night and supporters compare, it's natural it's up to the players to remove the fodder opportunities and prove they would have been better. Last night Moses won.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Why has it always got to be about Moses v Austin.

Letting Austin go was not a good decision, and that has absolutely nothing to do with Mitchel friggen Moses...

Sick of this one or the other nonsense. they are both very good but very different players. Just leave it at that.
I think because those of us that have defended Moses have had to put up with nearly a whole season of the Austin fanclub maligning Moses based on the performances of Austin. It wasnt long ago that on this forum some were suggesting that Moses was never ever going to be a first grader let alone a successful one.

And yet he is only 20 years old and was in high school 18 months ago

Agree. Moses is proving that the club made the right decision in not keeping Austin for another 12mths.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
haberfield tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun 12 May, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by haberfield tiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 8:12 pm

I was always happy with the decision to let Austin go so we could invest time and money into Moses. I think he is an exceptional talent and given time will be a star of the game. Its only fair to compare these two, because had we kept Austin, Moses would still be playing NYC and not developing as quick as he is now. As far as im concerned the club was vindicated last night with their decision to let Austin go.

I think Mitch will be a loyal custodian of the number 6 at the tigers for years to come. You can see it in him he lives and breathes this club, its all that matters to him. This is the type of player every club needs if they want success..

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 8:37 pm

The best indicator I think is this; Phil Gould released Austin to WTs. He has since signed Martin and there is enough anecdotal evidence out there to suggest he would like Moses as well. What do you make of that?

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 8:51 pm

Telltails wrote: I think because those of us that have defended Moses have had to put up with nearly a whole season of the Austin fanclub maligning Moses based on the performances of Austin. It wasnt long ago that on this forum some were suggesting that Moses was never ever going to be a first grader let alone a successful one. Who knows what the future holds for both players, but the Moses supporters are entitled to even up the balance a little in this discussion after what was a very poor performance of Austins. Had Austin outplayed Moses they would have all been at it again.
I'm a fan of both Austin and Moses. I wouldn't have let Austin go but I would have played Moses at 6.

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by alexaki » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 9:58 pm

Moses will be a much smarter footballer at the same age Austin is now.....

Post Reply