Moses V Austin

Tiger In The Gong

Re: Moses V Austin

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:22 pm

Most of you guys are off your heads. yes Moses is improving quickly, i rate the guy as much as anyone but letting Austin go was not a good decision.

Using one poor game to try and prove your point is fairly ordinary, makes us look like a d*** of a fan base, coming all but last but we are too good for the buy of the year. Get real.

wtigers

Unread post by wtigers » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:26 pm

I think we did the right thing letting him go.
Purely because of his haircut now I can't take him seriously he needs to see a doctor about that

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by willow » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:28 pm

Austin is a good player in his own right but tonight was one of those nights where things never really clicked for him, the air swing at the ball with the line wide open in the second half summed it up, as Moses was jolly on the spot to dive on the ball.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 187 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:32 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:Using one poor game to try and prove your point is fairly ordinary, makes us look like a d*** of a fan base, coming all but last but we are too good for the buy of the year. Get real.
Not to mention winning a couple games and discussing whether or not we're premiership contenders next yr. Look, i understand when its a tough yr, wins can feel euphoric. And yes i agree this side has ridiculous potential. But lets try and not get too carried away.

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:35 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Using one poor game to try and prove your point is fairly ordinary, makes us look like a d*** of a fan base, coming all but last but we are too good for the buy of the year. Get real.
Not to mention winning a couple games and discussing whether or not we're premiership contenders next yr. Look, i understand when its a tough yr, wins can feel euphoric. And yes i agree this side has ridiculous potential. But lets try and not get too carried away.

Agreed.

Other fans must seriously be laughing at this crap.

softlaw
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by softlaw » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:41 pm

I really like Austin & am glad he's found a happy home at the Raiders.
BUT - I was sitting beside a Manly fan at the game tonight and we spent the whole time laughing at how much of a ball hog Austin is - 99.9999999% of the time he'll dummy regardless of the situation.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:49 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Agree with both.

And yes, tonight's win made me feel euphoric. I'm already watching the replay. And loving it.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

barrytiger

Unread post by barrytiger » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:58 pm

Does this mean Austin has to shave of that ridiculous beard off since his had a shocker,he said he would when he had one.

Telltails
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:10 pm

bigsiro wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Agree with both.

And yes, tonight's win made me feel euphoric. I'm already watching the replay. And loving it.[/quote
]
Me too - and none of us should have to justify enjoying a good win, and revelling in one of our most maligned young guns outplay the bloke that he has been compared to all year. I can guarantee if the result was the other way around that the knockers would be at it again wheeling the Austin barrow. So I for one will enjoy this win more than any this year, with my feet still planted on the ground.

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:11 pm

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

softlaw
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by softlaw » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:16 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

coolcat

Unread post by coolcat » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:27 pm

Chris wrote:
littletiger wrote:Ah the fickle wests tiger fans.
HA HA HA!!!! At their best!!!!!

Just once I want to see someone come out and admit they were wrong!

10 weeks ago I came out and said this season was a training run. We couldn't hope for more.

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:27 pm

I don't know if Austin is a natural five-eigth or half. And this isn't based on tonights game either. He's a utility player or #14. Austin's strength I think is in his versatility. Moses is a naturally gifted Half/Fullback. I think it's unfair comparing the two.
Last edited by tsjonathan on Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Chris » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:44 pm

Austin is getting crucified by the Raiders fans on their forums. Here I was thinking you lot were bad hahahahaha

Tigertigertiger

Unread post by Tigertigertiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 12:11 am

Both players are quality, it was sad to see Austin go but we couldn't compete with the money the Raiders offered

In saying all that, glad he had a shocker and please keep that panzy haircut and stupid beard

coopy

Unread post by coopy » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 1:47 am

Few things were clear tonight:

1. Austin is a good player but I think he tried too hard to make a statement against his old club and mistakes ensued.

2. As others have said, Moses seems to be a more natural or traditional ball playing 5/8 whereas Austin is a running, support 5/8 like Terry Lamb.

3. We probably should have tried to retain Blake. He has great utility value and with the right coaching could have been very useful at centre for us.

4. Austin is obviously channeling General Custer to have that sort of goatee. I half expected him to yell "Charge!" every time he got the ball.

Snake
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 55 times

Unread post by Snake » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 7:04 am

One thought how would Moses look at the back of the pack the Raiders have that is the only way to compare , I say would look pretty good!

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 7:36 am

Chris wrote:
littletiger wrote:Ah the fickle wests tiger fans.
HA HA HA!!!! At their best!!!!!

Just once I want to see someone come out and admit they were wrong!
Haha. Yeah especially the Mosses bashers

Return to “Round 22: Wests Tigers vs Canberra Raiders”