Tigertigertiger

Re: Leaderless Without Farah

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:47 pm

Moses in 3 years will be good as Captain

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 5:29 am

the refs would just love moses as captain. :lol:

captain tedesco for me.
he has overcome adversity,which is the type of person i am more willing to follow as a leader.
seems the type you want as the leader of your club to sponsors, fans and on gameday the refs.

his next contract needs to come with the captaincy .

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 6:06 am

Tedesco is a good choice. He is our best player. He would have even more pressure on him though.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 7:06 am

Moses was very vocal in the sheds at halftime from what was shown on the TV coverage, he seems like he will grow into the leadership role. Woods seems pretty reluctant to chat too much to the refs but he leads by his actions every match and that is the sort of captain teammates love to follow. Who does the bulk of the talking behind the try line etc when Robbie isn't playing? I would guess it would be Moses.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 7:42 am

Leaders talk and walk.... Moses does both....

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 8:38 am

Rowdy for sure, esp if he plays big minutes.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 10:19 am

Even if Lawrence is to leave the club, if he can nail down a 2nd row spot, either with us or in the ESL, he could return (like Fulton did) and lead the club in 2 years time.

He's the most logical choice, but depends if he can nail down a back row spot and whether he's with us or not.

The rest it's all too hard to say as they're all young and none of them are born leaders. Some may grow those leadership skills, but at present even Woodsy doesn't have a lot about him in that regard other than leading by example by doing his own job well.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 11:51 am

1. Lawrence: experience - if he's still here, then if not or after he's gone

2. Tedesco: can see all things defensively and in attack from fullback, going to be a rep player and pin up boy for the NRL which will help with the refs.

3. Moses: play maker and talks alot and could thrive with that extra responsibility.

I don't really see Sirro as the man for the job and Brooks a little too quiet.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 12:59 pm

I can understand the positives for Moses, he's charismatic, speaks well and seemingly knows how to bring the team along with him, but a skipper like Smith shows the importance of having a calm head chatting to the refs, which I can't see Mitch having.
Rowdy or Dene for me, let the cubs just play their footy and enjoy being out there with their mates for now. I would definitely like to see how Marty handles the (c) though.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 1:11 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:I can understand the positives for Moses, he's charismatic, speaks well and seemingly knows how to bring the team along with him, but a skipper like Smith shows the importance of having a calm head chatting to the refs, which I can't see Mitch having.
Rowdy or Dene for me, let the cubs just play their footy and enjoy being out there with their mates for now. I would definitely like to see how Marty handles the (c) though.

Not sure how much the refs would enjoy Marty giving them the throat-slitting gesture after a run of penalties against us :? We may have to use the captaincy carrot to keep Taupau at the club, not sure he is captain material though.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 2:11 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
VanillaThunder wrote:I can understand the positives for Moses, he's charismatic, speaks well and seemingly knows how to bring the team along with him, but a skipper like Smith shows the importance of having a calm head chatting to the refs, which I can't see Mitch having.

Not sure how much the refs would enjoy Marty giving them the throat-slitting gesture after a run of penalties against us :? We may have to use the captaincy carrot to keep Taupau at the club, not sure he is captain material though.
Haha Robbie might have to show them the way to the hole in the fence, but who knows, we might win a penalty count one day ;)
I remember an article about captaincy of the NSW u/20's making Lodge take his game to another level and really focus on the team effort, maybe something similar could happen with Marty? He's an absolute role model off the field and can single-handedly drag the team along with him in a way that only really Teddy can. He'd have a way to go in talking to the ref but at the moment I think it'd be well deserved for his effort and commitment to the club. If it can help focus his aggression then I think it's a definite positive, in the short term at least while our youngsters find their feet.