Some positives from a tough year

Eddie

Some positives from a tough year

Post by Eddie » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:14 pm

* You would think Taylor will be so much better off next year. I think he has adjusted and is finding the right balance between defence and playing with some natural flair. Which is the recipe to win games. The last 2 weeks we have scored some slashing tries which were no where to be seen earlier in the year.

He came in with all these structures and probably over did it, but also laid some good ground work with his defensive emphasis. He is now starting to get Moses in games and using Tedesco more with his brilliance.

* Tedesco, Brooks and Moses playing just about the full season together. Obviously Teddy has been outstanding goes without saying. Moses and Brooks have had their ups and downs but been impressed by the way they have stuck at it despite poor results and some in diffeernt football. Moses especially has never taken a backward step as the big blokes keep running at him. All these experiences will be good for them and they are only going to get better.

* Continuing to compete in games. Last few years we have suffered some really, really bad efforts late in the year. Obviously we did have mass injuries other years. However it is good to see them still working hard and competing against better sides later in the year. Tonight there were some tough runs and tough tackles that would have been easy to say "too hard" late in the season on a cold monday night in canberra. Our F and A is not to bad for a bottom 4 team, we have had some bludger games but a small change in culture might be slowly coming to the surface.

* 2 more wins and then it at least get a decent vibe around the place going into next year, Let face it there is no recruitmnent so we have to work with what we got. And if the fans at least see some signs of progress then it gives everyone a ray of hope. Thats all you need. I don't even think we will be contenders next year, but you would think we could improve.

The last 2 wins don't gloss over a disspointing season. We don't have a great roster however there is some talent here and it was not being utilised at times this season. Whether it be through tactics, poor form or confidence. However at least we look like avoiding the dreaded spoon and could even get out of the Bottom 4 if we apply ourselves the next month.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:28 pm

Strength & Conditioning team deserve a big rap!

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:28 pm

Positives this year...TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO.TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO.TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAUTEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO.TAPAUTEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO.TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAUTEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO.TAPAUTEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO.TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAUTEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU,TEDESCO,TAPAU.
Tigersman since 2013!

marzie

Post by marzie » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:30 pm

Just imagine where we would be sitting if we had won a few of those games we blew earlier in the season

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:35 pm

The improved attack flows from the improved defence. When our defence is being ripped up by the opposition, the confidence drops overall and the attack also flounders. Simple really and the players are now starting to benefit from being confident. I'm really happy to see these young blokes hang tough in these close games and also give that ball some air at the right times. Good times coming.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:44 pm

His Structures were always the fallback position when things started to go wrong during games....We defended pretty well for the most part...

I agree ...S&C deserve a big rap...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:52 pm

I think Origin killed our season tbh. Just now Farah and Woods are back and we're winning again.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:54 pm

A lot of areas are improving , maybe slowly , but they are improving

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:59 pm

What killed our season was poor defence, Ill discipline with the ball and without and Taylorball for a third of the year.

I've always maintaned we don't have a crap squad. They are finally showing what they have and it's exciting.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:04 pm

stryker wrote:What killed our season was poor defence, Ill discipline with the ball and without and Taylorball for a third of the year.

I've always maintaned we don't have a crap squad. They are finally showing what they have and it's exciting.
Our lack of depth killed us. For some reason we leak huge points when Simona/Nofo are out.
If we can build a deeper squad with some back rowers and outside backs we will challenge.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:14 pm

Nofo let's in lots of points

fairdinkum

Post by fairdinkum » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:16 pm

I reckon its all to do with Simona and Nofo. We havent had a reliable centre pairing all year with these guys being out constantly injured. We had absolutely nothing in attack without these guys for 2/3rds of the season. They come back and we look a billion times better in attack and our defence on the edges. Its all about the depth in the centres and 2nd row next year. These guys will probably go down again next year, so I hope someone is there to step in without the surname Milone.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:33 pm

Tedesco is the best fullback running around at present, yes we all know how good GI is but he turns up every 4th game while Tedesco has Duggan covered in the attack department and ball skills.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:56 pm

Lack of depth, whether it be in the centres or second row

Also with Dene having to cover some hooker, that let down our second row as well

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 6:13 am

stryker wrote:What killed our season was poor defence, Ill discipline with the ball and without and Taylorball for a third of the year.

I think if anything the coach deserves a massive kick up the backside. He came in and gave us some terrible game plans and we lost games. We would be going a lot better if he hadn't been such a muppet.

In stating that I really hope that he has learned that you need to play positive footy. If you never threaten the opposition they just have an easy game.

I've always said our squad is decent. We need Brooks and Moses to kick on and we have no depth out wide and a first choice winger who would be lucky to make most state cup teams however apart from that we have a decent team.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 6:15 am

Tigertigertiger wrote:Tedesco is the best fullback running around at present, yes we all know how good GI is but he turns up every 4th game while Tedesco has Duggan covered in the attack department and ball skills.
I think GI is a great player and the only one who comes close to being better that Tedesco. GI wins games at SOO/International level and is one of the best players in the game.

I would truthfully rather Tedesco than GI now. I wonder when Teddy is going to step up to the rep level and kill it there.

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 6:54 am

Winnipeg wrote:Lack of depth, whether it be in the centres or second row

Also with Dene having to cover some hooker, that let down our second row as well
Depth is the only word that has to be used and lack of it is the problem moving forward.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 7:23 am

Agreed.

Given a bit more freedom isnt amazing how they are suddenly an exciting squad.

Always have been and now we are seeing it.