Enforcers

tigerbill

Enforcers

Post by tigerbill » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:46 pm

I feel that the big guys from other teams get away with much too much. Those cheap shots on Teddy and Boyd throwing the ball at him. Some of the big guys need to show the opposition that they will bring the hurt if the opposition hit the lil guys. Maybe we just miss a bit of KAPOW.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:53 pm

Yes we need Kapow back as he adds the grunt and mongrel to the team, the Teddy tactic sure didn't work

L Dittman was my favourite enforcer

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 12:22 am

It sure would've been nice to have one S. Dwyer out there to sit him on his backside, but I think with time we'll see Marty and Sue become the Poly Bruise Brothers, hopefully without the grubbiness.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 12:32 am

Siro even?

tigerbill

Post by tigerbill » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 12:43 am

greatodensraven wrote:Siro even?
Was thinking the same. He's looking good. Hope Kapow doesn't go to NFL...what a waste.

Nors05

Post by Nors05 » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 1:26 am

Yep, we needed Marty. Alot of our players are tough and can hold their own in a blue, but Marty actually scares the other team.

Please please don't go to NFL Marty, at least stay until the end of 2017 (when the entire team comes off contract lol)

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 5:53 am

VanillaThunder wrote:It sure would've been nice to have one S. Dwyer out there to sit him on his backside, but I think with time we'll see Marty and Sue become the Poly Bruise Brothers, hopefully without the grubbiness.
Sounds goo, the PBBs, Jesse needs a bit more bulk to be intimidating having said that he is tough and has the background to match.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 6:03 am

I just think we got rolled over in the forwards and we need to change that. I don't want to see them punch on but I do want to see them smash the other team.

Maybe with Taupau out there we would have looked better but we definitely need to focus on getting on top in the forwards.

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 7:00 am

It is size that is required the pack is relatively small to others ,last night when the power game was on the Raiders just made huge metres ...players the size of Lovett just do not wash as the lager man will always dominate whether the new interchange helps ?

Post by 2041 » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 7:07 am

Snake wrote:It is size that is required the pack is relatively small to others ,last night when the power game was on the Raiders just made huge metres ...players the size of Lovett just do not wash as the lager man will always dominate whether the new interchange helps ?
New interchange rules should suit small packs and big men who can do long minutes (like Woods). Shannon Boyd may need to lay off the pies to have a long term future in the game, thank goodness, though to be fair to the big guy it can't be easy when you're born 50% cow.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 7:09 am

Snake wrote:It is size that is required the pack is relatively small to others ,last night when the power game was on the Raiders just made huge metres ...players the size of Lovett just do not wash as the lager man will always dominate whether the new interchange helps ?
I'm not sure its just size although I do think another big player would help. Halatau pulled off some great tackles out there and he is a small backrower.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 8:41 am

A lot of cheap shots last night, esp early from guys like Shillo and surprisingly Croker.

But what was proven is that if you hang with the Raiders, they tire - they were pretty ordinary those last 20 mins or so and we made lots of yards 2nd half.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 2:06 pm

stevetiger wrote:
I'm not sure its just size although I do think another big player would help. Halatau pulled off some great tackles out there and he is a small backrower.
Simona hit Rapana early on with an absolute corker too, sat him on his haunches for a little while. Would've been nice to see Rowdy get under Vaughn or Boyd and put them in their place with a good, legal tackle too. Some of the arm grabbing was atrocious and we've got a lot of work to go in to defensive technique, but I don't think we necessarily need to rush out and sign Boyd, Kasiano and Pritchard.