Didn't matter in the end, but...

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28896
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Re: Didn't matter in the end, but...

Post by innsaneink » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 9:34 pm

2041 wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:He left the ground from the field of play so it was the correct call from the refs to say play on. For a change.
He'd already landed when he caught the ball. It only matters where you started from if you catch the ball while you're still in the air. Here's a comparison: you can't chase a grubber, jump from the in goal, land on both feet two metres past the dead ball line and then bat it back into play!

Incidentally, I totally agree that Buchanan and others (I didn't notice Lovett myself but I'm sure it's possible) mucked up the play. What I'm saying is that the restart rule forces players to make impossible decisions by turning attack into defence in an instant. That would be ok if it was because of some brilliant piece of skill from the fullback, like when one claims a kick deep in the in goal and beats several players on the way out. But that's not the case. What we have here is defending sides being given a completely unearned reward for what might be fractionally mis-executed attacking kicks.
Totally agree and it's a very unfair.rule.

Yet it's the basis for so called Taylor ball. ...defensive attacking kicks avoiding 7 tackle sets


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40477
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 9:38 pm

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
If you look at the pic that Ink posted in the Referees thread his foot is definitely on the line

That screwed the pooch on that call

As I continue to say , it was a tight call and video ref is there precisely for that reason :brick:

If we aren't going to use it , get rid of it

Simple
OK simple or should I say Happy....the Vid Ref is there to check TRIES that are sent up by the on-field Ref....If the Muppet doesn't send it up ...which he didn't he can't do anything...

FTR stills give a false impression....watching the replay I believe he left the field of play and caught it before grounding his foot....50/50 at best....

Horsehead called play on several times.....Our defence dropped the ball...

You say get rid of the Vid Ref...fair enough...that would not have changed the on'field decision of play-on and the same result would have occurred....


Easy fix Play the WHISTLE....
If your not going to use it for 50/50 calls which is what it was introduced for , get rid of it

This is still a call that people are arguing about :brick:

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 9:45 pm

Play to the whistle yes.

However professional footballers do not turn their back on the opposition.

Therefore not just Buchanen and Lovett but most of the team at fault.

Hopefully a lesson well learned.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10101
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 9:45 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
If you look at the pic that Ink posted in the Referees thread his foot is definitely on the line

That screwed the pooch on that call

As I continue to say , it was a tight call and video ref is there precisely for that reason :brick:

If we aren't going to use it , get rid of it

Simple
OK simple or should I say Happy....the Vid Ref is there to check TRIES that are sent up by the on-field Ref....If the Muppet doesn't send it up ...which he didn't he can't do anything...

FTR stills give a false impression....watching the replay I believe he left the field of play and caught it before grounding his foot....50/50 at best....

Horsehead called play on several times.....Our defence dropped the ball...

You say get rid of the Vid Ref...fair enough...that would not have changed the on'field decision of play-on and the same result would have occurred....


Easy fix Play the WHISTLE....
If your not going to use it for 50/50 calls which is what it was introduced for , get rid of it

This is still a call that people are arguing about :brick:
Only you are arguing about it ....
Bwahahahah !!!
:lol:

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Post Reply