Nofoaluma Back to Wing

weststigers

Nofoaluma Back to Wing

Post by weststigers » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 9:56 am

I know he was a centre in the younger grades, but he's much better out on the wing at the moment. Massive efforts bringing the ball back and so hard to stop. Defence seemed better than previous weeks and maybe it was just game time needed??

Kevvie at centre works for now and that keeps him away from the high ball as well. He has an opportunity next year to cover Richards with another centre coming in or he can stay at centre and we may have a winger who'll step up.

Either way, I think Nofoaluma needs to stay on the wing.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 11:15 am

100%
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 11:35 am

I can't wait to see him finish this year with games under his belt, have a full off season and start next year running.

We are a better team with him playing and miss his early hit ups which gets us going on the front foot.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

krayola

Post by krayola » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 11:43 am

Yeah, guess it depends where they play Chee Kam as to where Naiqama plays. I thought Nofo to centre wasn't a bad idea but now I've seen it in action, he's much better suited to the wing. You can see him growing in confidence each week too.

I think he and Kev should be the wingers. Hoeter isn't any better atm. Curious to see how Peni plays and we may see him this weekend if Kev's elbow doesn't heal. Seems Kharwin has some raps on him from the club too.
One of my sources is Pascoe

willow

Post by willow » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 12:34 pm

With frozone looking pretty busted last night, Nofo should stay on the wing. Means we'll probably see Milone or Hoeter in the centres which is a massive step backwards. Wish they'd give Seve a go to see what he's capable of.

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 12:35 pm

Hasn't reached the form he is capable of this year, injury hasn't been kind to him.

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 12:36 pm

willow wrote:With frozone looking pretty busted last night, Nofo should stay on the wing. Means we'll probably see Milone or Hoeter in the centres which is a massive step backwards. Wish they'd give Seve a go to see what he's capable of.
Could be worse, Lovett could be there!!!

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 12:37 pm

willow wrote:With frozone looking pretty busted last night, Nofo should stay on the wing. Means we'll probably see Milone or Hoeter in the centres which is a massive step backwards. Wish they'd give Seve a go to see what he's capable of.
Agree, give Seve a go the other two have had their chance this year and didn't shine.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 1:05 pm

Hell the leg speed improvement Buchanan showed last night he should slot straight in!

:roll
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 1:50 pm

I would keep him on the wing. His tackle returns are huge for us. If we put Simona on the other wing it would give us 3 weapons in that area of the game.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 2:06 pm

Nofo is great for a hitup, still needs a lot of work on his speed and recovery from injury. Fingers crossed for next year, he is talented.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 2:46 pm

For next year I really think it's got to be

2. Kev
3. Simona
4. Chee Kam/Seve
5. Nofo

It's not a bad back-line to be honest if everyone is fit and Chee Kam or Seve can step up ok.

I think we really need 1 more smart purchase like Chee Kam for a bit of depth. Or hopefully Hoeter develops... Simona didn't kill it straight away either.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 3:29 pm

I like kev more in the centres.

2. Simona
3. Chee Kam or whoever wins the spot. Simona can play here as well if we get a good winger.
4. Kev
5. Nofo

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 3:47 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:
Could be worse, Lovett could be there!!!

Golly Gosh! .. Dont think i will be in the mood to watch the game if this happens to be true on the day

And even worse if Old Mate lets a try or two in.
Might need a new TV after that.. i will be worse than Craig Bellamy spitting all over it

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 3:52 pm

jirskyr wrote:Nofo is great for a hitup, still needs a lot of work on his speed and recovery from injury. Fingers crossed for next year, he is talented.
Agree jirskyr,with a full pre season under his belt,Noofa will be an absolute demon on the wing....that's what I reckon is his best NRL position...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 3:59 pm

hammertime wrote:For next year I really think it's got to be

2. Kev
3. Simona
4. Chee Kam/Seve
5. Nofo

It's not a bad back-line to be honest if everyone is fit and Chee Kam or Seve can step up ok.

I think we really need 1 more smart purchase like Chee Kam for a bit of depth. Or hopefully Hoeter develops... Simona didn't kill it straight away either.
Chance Peni is a great prospect for first grade centre/wing next season.