**Live game thread**

ryanda01

Re: **Live game thread**

Post by ryanda01 » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:06 pm

Glass half full or empty; you can look at it like we had 24 tackles in the Knights 20 to their 50+ in ours.... to hold them to that fewer points is remarkable defense. However, it could also be said that we should have held the ball, have better 5th tackle options and actually dominate the middle 40 which did not happen.

Think I'm taking some from column A and column B.

ashman

Post by ashman » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:07 pm

That was a bad loss, but in reality losing woods and dean was probably the difference. Knights were desperate to win also.
However, I think we may get the spoon... Likely have a chance to win one game maybe but all look to be difficult. That was the game we needed to make sure..

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:08 pm

MacDougall wrote:Am I really the only one who isn't that upset by that loss? Everyone seems beside themselves. I thought our defence was enormous.
I think everyone is beside themselves because of what's at stake Mac, but I'm with you. Losing Woods and Halatau while already missing Taupau and Lawrence up front was a massive setback. We just don't have the quality to cover for so many out at once. Woods' loss was the worst, he has been our best player by far this season. I think today's loss has shown that.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

ryanda01

Post by ryanda01 » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:08 pm

MacDougall wrote:We looked like we were going to be put 50 past them at the start. We are the worst frontrunners I swear.

Knights threw absolutely everything at a side that was fatigued out of their minds, two forwards down coming off a short turnaround. I thought that was a very gusty performance by both sides. Entertaining match.
Agreed. Just frustrating that we couldn't hold the ball and have go-forward up the middle.

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:09 pm

sheer64 wrote:I think it is out
Not out the ball isn't flat, it's rounded the middle of the ball had to have touched the ground prior to the end of the ball touching the sideline. Tough call against the Tigers but that's what's happened all year. Don't get the calls our way playing the top teams can't get them playing the bottom teams.

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:09 pm

Injuries killed us.

Honourable mention to:

Poor line speed in defence - not coming up to meet the attacker

Some good goal line defence. Simona and Siro good

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:09 pm

fairdinkum wrote:
sheer64 wrote:Well thats all folks. Knew we would struggle to win this. Brooks is just so poor at the moment!
Had a good debut game with Benji against the Saints in 2013.......havent seen a thing since
I dont know why but it seems there is a mental block at the moment with him
Last edited by sheer64 on Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:10 pm

The Knights played really well. If they played like that all year they'd be in the 8 I reckon.

I also think they were playing with an 8 metre line. They were off the line like crazy all second half. That plus tired legs, no Woods and no Halatau was the difference.

Now, I think that Noffa try was actually a try as well. The second last frame showed it grounded before it touched the sideline. The ball is an oval!

In the end though, well done Knights. They ran hard, tried so hard. They wanted it very badly. I wouldn't say more, but they wanted it badly and they had the fresher legs and were better on the day.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:10 pm

TIGER wrote:To those criticising farah, show some respect!! He's been the best player we've had in the last decade week in week out and you all know it, we'd be nothing without him. He may not be at the peak of his powers anymore but gee wizz show him the respect he deserves.
And criticise him when he deserves it. He's been poor all year. We were travelling well last year until
he had the Coach punted.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:10 pm

sheer64 wrote:
fairdinkum wrote:
sheer64 wrote:Well thats all folks. Knew we would struggle to win this. Brooks is just so poor at the moment!
Had a good debut game with Benji against the Saints in 2013.......havent seen a thing since
I dont know why but it seems there is a mental block at the moment with him?
Wow....wtf.
That's a bit uncalled for.

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:11 pm

Sabre wrote:How come every time we start a match on fire we go to water just as fast.
Predictable and boring isn't it?? the team doesn't know what 80 mins is never has never will. in a lot of those games we got flogged in like broncos we played good for 10 mins rubbish for 70.. we are a 10 min team out of 80 who knows when that 10 mins is played about half a games this year we have not scored a point in the 2nd half

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:12 pm

Lack of depth gets us again . With Woods and Halatau gone and Tapau and Lawrence sitting on the sideline it was always going to be a worry if we could stay in the match - especially after a short turnaround .
Throw in Brooks and Tedesco having their worst games of the year (did Tedesco find those slippery boots he used to wear in the past?)
All that and some poor calls.
Tried hard but too much against us.
Last edited by cktiger on Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:12 pm

Luke Brooks 9 runs for 25 metres. That has to be a record for least metres per carry of anyone who has made a few hahaha.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:13 pm

Tigerdave wrote:well, the NRL gets it's fight out for the wooden spoon
Personally, I don't think either of these teams will end up getting the spoon. I reckon the Titans have it wrapped up :mrgreen:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:13 pm

Gives me some things to think about
Farah 2 errors
Cherington 1 line break assist
Farah has really given this club back $900,000 of performances this year, he would rather just put in for nsw

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:15 pm

Hmm Cherrington did seem to actually outplay Farah today. Interesting that when the game was on the line it was Cherrington out there and not Farah. Big calls to make.

Maybe Farah will take the final few rounds off with a "fractured cheekbone".

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:17 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
fairdinkum wrote:
Had a good debut game with Benji against the knights in 2013.......havent seen a thing since
Yep brooks is a myth !!!!

"WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY"

Been saying this since the start of the season and copped it from everyone, also said the same about Benji until everyone caught on. I'll say it again now so you can all bookmark it. Brooks will never be a quality halfback. We need to look elsewhere if we want this club to have a future cause he's not it. The sad thing is, we'll persist with him for too long and only realise when it's too late, someone in the club needs to have the balls to call it, not leave it like Benji.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:17 pm

sheer64 wrote:
fairdinkum wrote:
I dont know why but it seems there is a mental block at the moment with him
While I agree Brooks isnt going great guns, having Beau Scott tattooed on you for 80 mins is alot of pressure for any playmaker.