Taylor not to blame this week

stryker

Taylor not to blame this week

Post by stryker » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:51 pm

Fair dinkum average effort in a bludger of a game.

That loss is all on the players.
Terrible handling
Questionable defence - despite the in goal holdups.
No direction out on the field.
Looked slow in everything we did.

Just a bunch of headless chooks today. Nothing came off for them.

One positive was the effort shown by the bench who were forced to play big minutes. Nothing special in attack but tried hard and made a lot of tackles.

Quietest game from Teddy this season. Should have worn his footy boots instead of thongs.

That was the sort of ugly loss you would normally put down to "one of those days..we'll be better next week". Unfortunately it was a pretty important game for us in good conditions in front of a home crowd. Still don't think we will get the spoon but geeze...we should have won that.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:56 pm

Stryker don't you know that it is the coaches fault when a team loses and the players, when they win

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:57 pm

No apparently Robbie is.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:58 pm

The first half was high quality from both sides. We started like we were going to put 50 on them.

Second half the Knights flew up on us all half. Buderus said in the coverage that he expected us to tire and with no Woods and no Halatau for the second half there just was nothing in the legs to get us over the advantage line regularly. The backs had very little to play off in the second half with no go forward yet still managed to create a try that was overturned despite it being a try and the Knights had to throw everything at us to beat us. The Knights deserved that win but the Tigers shouldn't be upset and nor should you be my friend.

Newcastle needed that win bad, played like it and had everything go their way and still only beat us with a try in the final minute after having seen us get one disallowed that should have been awarded. Chin up mate.

Agree on Tedesco but that aside he was still our best player hahaha.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 5:58 pm

I agree with the op but the players deserve a hammering based on that effort.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 6:03 pm

stevetiger wrote:I agree with the op but the players deserve a hammering based on that effort.
you feeling OK? feeling numb down one side of your body? difficulty speaking, not slurring or anything?

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 6:08 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
stevetiger wrote:I agree with the op but the players deserve a hammering based on that effort.
you feeling OK? feeling numb down one side of your body? difficulty speaking, not slurring or anything?
I'm okay but thanks for asking.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 6:47 pm

I only saw the last 15 minutes but what I saw we looked pretty clueless in attack and our handling was poor. Losing Woods and Halatau meant the second half was going to be a matter of attrition and Newcastle's defence looked alright. Hopefully we can bounce back next week.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 6:56 pm

Backing up from a Monday night game with a reduced interchange in the second due injuries was always going to be a tough assignment. We struggled most of the game to make much headway partly due to a very good Knights defence and partly due to both our no9 and no7 had average games

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 7:05 pm

It was a terrific defensive effort all round. They spent the vast majority if the second half inside our thirty meter line, while we were always working it away from our try line. The loss of Woods and Halatau meant we had no thrust in the middle of the field.

Their first try came from the most obviously milked penalty when Gidley deliberately fell on the Tigers defender when he should have played the ball. It should have been a penalty to The Tigers. And the penalty against Lovett for not standing straight at marker when he prevented a try was ridiculous.

Referee for the comeback, and the NRL gets a contest for the wooden spoon, better for ratings.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 7:46 pm

It is not long now until the humiliation will be over 3 more weeks!

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 8:09 pm

like hell he is not to blame, i blame him for rising oil prices, the cost of beer, the cold weather i even blame him for me getting older and last but not least for not backing a winner today. so yes he is to blame theres no doubt about it.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 1:05 am

Knights line speed blunted us in the second half - forwards lost momentum and backs did not manage to come up with another way around.

We really have to stop being a team that opens with a strong 20, follows with an average 20, then concludes with a weak 40. Otherwise we'll lose more than half our games again next year.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 2:23 am

I thought the defence was really good today. Two of the tries they scored were a bit lucky and we had one disallowed, which I thought could have been given because I thought it wasn't put down simultaneously (although close).

We also had two of our best and experienced forwards off for much of the game and Kev looks to be playing busted.

You'll lose those games more often than not, but I thought we could have held onto the ball a bit when we were behind and given ourselves a slim chance, but they'll learn from that.

Bad luck today, but we were resilient in defence and that's a positive for sure.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 3:51 am

Taylor needs to be held to account for the way we came out after halftime... The language of the boys was terrible, lacked energy and no one chose to provide direction. At a guess, we felt we could beat them and were simply going through the motions.

The Knights were an average team, but we gave them a reason to keep coming and belief they could win. We scrambled well in defense, but with no direction from Robbie & Luke we simple couldn't build anything.

We do this too often, and I see this as a preparation problem.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 6:59 am

Snake wrote:It is not long now until the humiliation will be over 3 more weeks!
Humiliated wearing WT colours?

Here's a challenge for you. Wander up to any of the WT starting 17 and tell them that you feel humiliated wearing WT colours then come back and post their response. I'd like to see what they have to say.
"Quality Stupidity"

coopy

Post by coopy » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 8:05 am

I thought they were brave. The only reason you hold up players over the is if you are desperate in defence.

Two very suspect tries to the Knights (especially the Newton loose carry), the loss of Dene and Woodsy and a very motivated Knights team trying to avoid the spoon went against us.

What became clear is our lack of depth. Once Woodsy and Dene went and we had to rely on Lovett and Buchanan who try very hard but don't have the class of the players they're replacing. Our go forward really suffered when the injuries occurred.

I think we should be focussing on the positives such Moses and Brooks improved defence, Moses' attack, Teddy's try etc.

We have certainly played a lot worse than that and still won. With a couple of astute purchases and some luck with injury and refs calls,we win easily.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 9:03 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Taylor needs to be held to account for the way we came out after halftime... The language of the boys was terrible, lacked energy and no one chose to provide direction. At a guess, we felt we could beat them and were simply going through the motions.

The Knights were an average team, but we gave them a reason to keep coming and belief they could win. We scrambled well in defense, but with no direction from Robbie & Luke we simple couldn't build anything.

We do this too often, and I see this as a preparation problem.

What Watto said, add we are the softest team in the NRL and Lovett and Buchanan are just not first graders.

Never any accountability.