Every team has a "leader"

Tigerheart_returns

Every team has a "leader"

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 2:18 pm

Raiders have Crocker...Knights Gidley...Panthers Soward or Wallace..and I am only quoting teams that are on a par with us..I am struggling to come up with a name for us, someone who is the go to man that steers the troops at critical times and keeps them focused.

I'd love a James Graham type in our team.

The point is for the last 10 years, I haven't seen anyone come up to the mark, and half the time, we are losing because of lack of a "true" leader to give us some direction. For 2016, I would love to see Mitch Moses - or Brooks or ? being given 100% control about what / where / how to do things on the field. And for everyone else to listen.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 2:24 pm

Tigerheart_returns wrote:Raiders have Crocker...Knights Gidley...Panthers Soward or Wallace..and I am only quoting teams that are on a par with us..I am struggling to come up with a name for us, someone who is the go to man that steers the troops at critical times and keeps them focused.

The point is for the last 10 years, I haven't seen anyone come up to the mark, and half the time, we are losing because of lack of a "true" leader to give us some direction. For 2016, I would love to see Mitch Moses - or Brooks or ? being given 100% control about what / where / how to do things on the field. And for everyone else to listen.
I think we are already seeing this develop.
When the going gets tough Moses will be the one who wants his hands on the ball.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 2:27 pm

Tigerheart_returns wrote:Raiders have Crocker...Knights Gidley...Panthers Soward or Wallace..and I am only quoting teams that are on a par with us..I am struggling to come up with a name for us, someone who is the go to man that steers the troops at critical times and keeps them focused.

Farah captained the NSW State of Origin team this year.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 2:35 pm

Newtown wrote:

Farah captained the NSW State of Origin team this year.
Yeah, good enough for NSW, not good enough for WT apparently :roll:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 2:55 pm

Farah....

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 2:57 pm

We have Farah Woods Teddy
Farahs a true leader but emotion sometimes Gets the better of him.
Woods and teddy aren't quite there yet.
We aren't going to get Anyone of this calibre soon

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 3:03 pm

innsaneink wrote:We have Farah Woods Teddy
Farahs a true leader but emotion sometimes Gets the better of him.
Woods and teddy aren't quite there yet.
We aren't going to get Anyone of this calibre soon
You'd have thought Keefy would've stepped up to the plate by now ??

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 3:32 pm

Leadership qualities aren't in everyone's make up.... Some are followers.
Leaders aren't as common as followers... It's no slight on anyone tho to be a follower

barra

Post by barra » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 3:50 pm

Farah is not my ideal captain but the position is his for as long as he plays with us.

If that is another few years a lot of things could happen, but I think Moses might be ready by then. He is showing natural leadership type qualities.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 5:36 pm

I think the OP is well intentioned as they can see that we are lacking in areas other clubs are stronger.

Personally i dont see it as lack of captaining i see it as a lack of culture. We are really soft sometimes and yesterdays game was over the moment the Knights players like Scott and Smith started the niggle and domination of our young blokes.

Woods, Halatau, Lawrence and Taupau would make some difference butits an area we need to recruit and be better at.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 6:54 pm

If Sirro can get his act together as a consistent, quality, injury free player (starting to look better after coming back this season) then I think he might step up to that sort of on-field inspirational leader.
He and Moses would be a good combination as leaders if both of them develop to their potential as players.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 7:40 pm

Robbie Farah is our leader, end of story.

When he goes, it will be Woods or Moses, probably Moses as he's more of a talker. What used to be the Farah/Marshall show will become the Woods/Moses show.

Tedesco is an attacking weapon, not a leader. Ditto Sirro. Brooks has to become a running 5/8, or I'm afraid he might go somewhere else who wants a halfback.

End of crystal ball gazing!
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 8:16 pm

Can't go past Farah he has the experience and made a difference as soon as he came back from injury. Like all leaders he is not perfect and will have his ups and downs, yesterday was a little down but he copped a wack in the face early and now it looks like a possible broken cheek, hope scans show otherwise. He also has the occasional brain explosion like pushing a pass at the wrong time but again it's from the urge to win not hurt the team. One other important thing about a good leader is having strong and capable followers who support the leader, it works both ways,,the leader inspires, guides, motivates while capable followers meet the challenges set and follow the leader,to achieve results. Farah is not perfect but he's pretty good imo.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 10:31 pm

I think some here are talking captains, while others are talking leaders

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 10:38 pm

Farah is a leader- he succumbs under pressure but he's the best we have.

the problem is he's had to do it by himself for too long. benji was never even close to a leader.. others like fulton, heighno etc never seemed to have been given enough importance to be a leader imo.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 8:03 am

innsaneink wrote:I think some here are talking captains, while others are talking leaders

Yep, never seen Farah gather the troops in a huddle when it's needed to regroup.

It's always been heads down under the posts, try again next week I s'pose...
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 9:26 am

I don't think robbie the best talker. ..especially with refs. ..but he leads by example with his footy...plenty.of inspirational moments from him clear.in.my mind

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 9:47 am

innsaneink wrote:I don't think robbie the best talker. ..especially with refs. ..but he leads by example with his footy...plenty.of inspirational moments from him clear.in.my mind
Robbie a more "walk the walk" than "talk the talk" leader and besides the look on his face usually speaks a thousand words.