Monday NIght Back Up Factor

Bazzinator

Monday NIght Back Up Factor

Post by Bazzinator » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 8:00 pm

Obviously we were poor yesterday but i know that in the past it has been brought up the back up factor from the Monday Night coupled with the travel can take it out of the young players in particular.Young players have just started to finish their first full season and the fatigue of the year will be taking their tolls on the bodies. I'm not sure on the stats this year but i know in the past teams backing up on the five day turn around from Monday to Saturday teams really struggle. This would have been a contributing factor to the boys being flat.

mctiger

Post by mctiger » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 8:31 pm

It just reinforces the advantage that Brisbane have with 90% of their games every Friday night. Sure they travel but it has to be a huge advantage to have a consistent 7 day turnaround.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Bazzinator

Post by Bazzinator » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 9:27 pm

players always say they hate playing on monday because they don't get a chance to relax on the weekends and have to stay focused on the games and the plans put in place. once monday is gone i think everyone will be happier

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 9:33 pm

At least we play a team that plays Monday night this week in Cronulla. Maybe that will help , maybe it won't. TBH I think it's an excuse.

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 10:19 pm

I'd like to know what are they doing the 4 days in between Monday and Saturday. It takes longer than 4 days to get over a game that lasts 80 minutes? For the money the earn, I'd be embarrassed to use fatigue as an excuse.

Look at the blokes who put their bodies through hard yakka 8-10 hours a day and only get 2 days off maximum. The plumbers who have to hand dig ditches, the brickies, renderers, chippies, gyprockers and roof tilers for example. All physically demanding jobs, they do it 8-10 hours a day 5-6 days a week for years and years and never use the excuse they cant come to work cause they're tired.

I hate the fatigue excuse and I hate when players whinge that the season is too long. For the amount of money they make, they should be playing 10 months of the year.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 10:29 pm

Chris wrote:I'd like to know what are they doing the 4 days in between Monday and Saturday. It takes longer than 4 days to get over a game that lasts 80 minutes? For the money the earn, I'd be embarrassed to use fatigue as an excuse.

Look at the blokes who put their bodies through hard yakka 8-10 hours a day and only get 2 days off maximum. The plumbers who have to hand dig ditches, the brickies, renderers, chippies, gyprockers and roof tilers for example. All physically demanding jobs, they do it 8-10 hours a day 5-6 days a week for years and years and never use the excuse they cant come to work cause they're tired.

I hate the fatigue excuse and I hate when players whinge that the season is too long. For the amount of money they make, they should be playing 10 months of the year.
Not only that , they also get the best doctors and phisyos there is ...
It must be the Gen y brigade !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Vice President of the Michael Chee-Kam Fan Club .

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 10:33 pm

i think it's more mental fatigue than physical. players wouldn't mind a sunday to friday turnaround because sunday night still feels like a weekend. a monday to saturday turnaround ruins their cycle, ruins the body clock, stuffs up the rehab and conditioning.

just look at cowboys, they got a brand new S&C which changed their scheduling and it's done wonders from them.

i doubt players think of it as an excuse honestly, it's a subconscious thing.

Chris, they do play almost 9 months- i think all players would agree that they'd rather play an extra 4 weeks than do 4 weeks of pre-season :lol:
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

barra

Post by barra » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 10:57 am

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:At least we play a team that plays Monday night this week in Cronulla. Maybe that will help , maybe it won't. TBH I think it's an excuse.
And an easy one to pull out at that. To be a great team these are exactly the hurdles that must be overcome.

Let's see how the Sharks back up...

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 1:02 pm

Chris wrote:I'd like to know what are they doing the 4 days in between Monday and Saturday. It takes longer than 4 days to get over a game that lasts 80 minutes? For the money the earn, I'd be embarrassed to use fatigue as an excuse.

Plumbers, chippies etc. are irrelevant. The point is they're competing against fellow professional athletes that have all these advantages as well - PLUS an extra day of recovery & preparation.