Losing to a NO NOTHING Team

WTDiehard

Losing to a NO NOTHING Team

Post by WTDiehard » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 9:09 pm

Gotta say its disappointing to lose to the Knights.

Knights are one team I really dislike.....probably because they have always been spoilers for us. Alex McKinnon aside....I'd love to see the club fold like a pack of cards....

Theres no doubt the guys put in today.....they did not play well.....but the effort was there. The countless held up over the line shows our defence was desperate.

I don't know if the Raiders game took a lot out of our forwards but we really lost that game today in the go forward....yes we lost Woods and we were missing Kapouw which would have added a lot more go forward but its still one of those games that would have been great to STEAL a win.

Can't blame the halves as when you play behind a badly beaten pack, its hard to create anything. I think Moses is coming on a lot quicker than Brooks though........Brooks just seems a bit gun shy, and ATM I'd say Moses is our big improver this year and well ahead of Brooks IMO.

Looking at our forwards Buchannan, Lovett, Ava, Sue & Galloway......these guys are average at best.....these blokes would struggle punching through a line of Pensioners in line at the Bank.....
.To help Woods & Kapouw next year we really need another couple of decent forwards that have some punch.

Anyway disappointing loss....but its been a disppointing season, lets hope some lessons are learned and changes made for next year otherwise I don't know how much of this stuff I can stomach.

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 9:13 pm

Can't help but think that Brooksy is suffering the dreaded second year syndrome. Hope he improves ten fold next season, he is going to have to !
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 9:20 pm

Didn't See the whole Game, But wow How do we have so many games this year where seemingly the wheels fall off.

Im still really positive about the Moses factor. He seems to growing with every game.

Fingers crossed second year syndrome doesnt kick in here

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 9:36 pm

Our forward pack was dominated. Loosing Woods was to hard to overcome.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 10:00 pm

we lost halatau too on a five day turnaround
plus were just not very good

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 10:11 pm

One positive from the Knights game is I will never eat KFC again. Too much fried chicken in one day for my liking.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 7:01 am

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:Our forward pack was dominated. Loosing Woods was to hard to overcome.
When Keefy was interchanged at around the 28 minute mark after a good long opening stint, most of our decent field position left with him.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 7:29 am

We are near the bottom of the table for a reason,basically we have a roster of players that struggle most weeks and every now and than turn in a really good effort. Saturday we had a lot of things against us,short turn around,injuries,rough calls etc, we do not have the quality or experience at this stage to over come adversity, we basically need all the cards to fall our way.

With a bit of luck next year we will see a team that can handle a set back or two and still come out on top. Although I still worry about the experience factor,look at the Knights on the weekend their old experienced hard men were fantastic and I think we will be still light on in this area come 2016

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 9:25 am

WTDiehard wrote: Anyway disappointing loss....but its been a disppointing season, lets hope some lessons are learned and changes made for next year otherwise I don't know how much of this stuff I can stomach.
Changes for next year? For a start we haven't a bucket of money to buy new players for next year.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 10:29 am

For a second there I thought this was a Melbourne Storm supporter 2 weeks late..;.
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 1:42 pm

supercoach wrote:We are near the bottom of the table for a reason,basically we have a roster of players that struggle most weeks and every now and than turn in a really good effort. Saturday we had a lot of things against us,short turn around,injuries,rough calls etc, we do not have the quality or experience at this stage to over come adversity, we basically need all the cards to fall our way.

With a bit of luck next year we will see a team that can handle a set back or two and still come out on top. Although I still worry about the experience factor,look at the Knights on the weekend their old experienced hard men were fantastic and I think we will be still light on in this area come 2016

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 1:45 pm

Hit in a nutshell supercoach.

Inexperienced team with little depth poor tactics and kicking game struggling to score.

After Canberra i got my hopes up but shattering to see guys try and loose.
And worse no new players yet for next year.