First profit for the club

Wests Tigers Discussion
supercoach

Re: First profit for the club

Post by supercoach » Sun 02 Dec, 2018 7:05 pm

They have made a profit with a team who keeps finishing in the bottom half of the comp. When they finally start mixing it with the big boys and it will happen, they will rake it in

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 02 Dec, 2018 8:14 pm

I have been impressed with the way they have handled difficult situations.Hope they stay long term

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sun 02 Dec, 2018 8:17 pm

A great effort by the club which shows the front office is working. Hope it continues into perpetuity.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Sun 02 Dec, 2018 8:45 pm

Gus's donation for pinching our coach might have put us in the black.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sun 02 Dec, 2018 8:49 pm

It’s been a very impressive performance by team Go & Pascoe over last couple of years. Difficult times handled with great finesse.
Particularly the way they repelled and deflected the media cronies.
We are definitely not a basket case they have been peddling in their rags.
Well done!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 02 Dec, 2018 8:57 pm

nice well done
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 02 Dec, 2018 9:16 pm

LARDS wrote:
Sun 02 Dec, 2018 8:45 pm
Gus's donation for pinching our coach might have put us in the black.
Got us in the black and delivered a premiership winning coach.

And people don't like poor Gus.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 02 Dec, 2018 9:30 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Sun 02 Dec, 2018 3:26 pm
hammertime wrote:
Sun 02 Dec, 2018 3:19 pm
Swordy wrote:
Sun 02 Dec, 2018 12:30 pm
Eddie wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 11:55 pm
I think its a big wrap for the club.

You look at clubs like Manly and Cronulla and they seem to be in turmoil.

Slowly if we can improve the roster the wheel could turn quickly.

We are building some foundations. Just hope Pascoe is here for another 5-10 years.
Couldnt agree more. This is my biggest fear.

I was stoked when he was punted from Penrith and couldn't believe our luck when he landed here, and I hope he stays. He is the best CEO in the business.
He didn't get punted. He was head of rugby league still at the panthers when we poached him for the CEO role.
Yep. Go offered him a promotion as a CEO.
Goulds dislike for Pascoe is well known locally, or should I say he thought he was a waste of space. I guess you're both right in that he wasnt punted. He beat the axe ( by minutes) I believe.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 7:56 am

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 02 Dec, 2018 7:17 am
Very positive news as far as i am concerned.We need to get away from the "pokie palace" mentality and be viable in our own right, if we can achieve that then it will be next to impossible for us to be culled or transplanted.
As others have said small steps but going in the right direction. For the first time in our history i have belief in the people running the club.
Yep.The second Wests Ashfield took over the club has gone from strength to strength off the field.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:33 am

Kerry Cogger wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 7:56 am
jadtiger wrote:
Very positive news as far as i am concerned.We need to get away from the "pokie palace" mentality and be viable in our own right, if we can achieve that then it will be next to impossible for us to be culled or transplanted.
As others have said small steps but going in the right direction. For the first time in our history i have belief in the people running the club.
Yep.The second Wests Ashfield took over the club has gone from strength to strength off the field.
Let's not start with the digs.

Most of us are over that.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 10:22 am

Swordy wrote:
Sun 02 Dec, 2018 9:30 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
hammertime wrote:
Swordy wrote:
Sun 02 Dec, 2018 12:30 pm

Couldnt agree more. This is my biggest fear.

I was stoked when he was punted from Penrith and couldn't believe our luck when he landed here, and I hope he stays. He is the best CEO in the business.
He didn't get punted. He was head of rugby league still at the panthers when we poached him for the CEO role.
Goulds dislike for Pascoe is well known locally, or should I say he thought he was a waste of space. I guess you're both right in that he wasnt punted. He beat the axe ( by minutes) I believe.
That's my understanding as well. That comes from a bloke who is heavily involved in Penrith Juniors. Truth be told he hadn't many nice things to say about Pascoe's time there himself.

Maybe Justin wasn't the right fit for that club to execute Gus' vision. Sounds like everyone won in that scenario.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 7:13 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:33 am
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 7:56 am
jadtiger wrote:
Let's not start with the digs.

Most of us are over that.
Huh???

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Fri 07 Dec, 2018 12:06 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 10:22 am
Swordy wrote:
Sun 02 Dec, 2018 9:30 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
hammertime wrote:

That's my understanding as well. That comes from a bloke who is heavily involved in Penrith Juniors. Truth be told he hadn't many nice things to say about Pascoe's time there himself.

Maybe Justin wasn't the right fit for that club to execute Gus' vision. Sounds like everyone won in that scenario.
Considering the blokes at Penrith just hired back a bloke they fired, they mustn't be the smoothest operators out there. Just lucky they have plenty of $$$ to cover mistakes.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Fri 07 Dec, 2018 5:41 am

Gus’s decision to sack Ivan Cleary and the decision to re-hire him has cost the Panthers millions. I’m surprised there’s not more backlash about it
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 07 Dec, 2018 5:49 am

steve-o wrote:
Fri 07 Dec, 2018 5:41 am
Gus’s decision to sack Ivan Cleary and the decision to re-hire him has cost the Panthers millions. I’m surprised there’s not more backlash about it
Gus must have friends in high places in the media... I remember us getting hammered in the media... Wrongly as well... based on nothing more than speculation... On our financial decisions not too long ago.... Hello tunksy, you turd

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Fri 07 Dec, 2018 5:53 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 07 Dec, 2018 5:49 am
steve-o wrote:
Gus must have friends in high places in the media... I remember us getting hammered in the media... Wrongly as well... based on nothing more than speculation... On our financial decisions not too long ago.... Hello tunksy, you turd
The media hammering we got in the first half of 2017 was insane. I’d never seen such malicious reporting... Buzz, Crawford, Hooper, Richie... all those News Ltd hacks, they must’ve been in meeting with the sales team and so they came up with the hammer-the-tigers strategy
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 07 Dec, 2018 6:01 am

steve-o wrote:
Fri 07 Dec, 2018 5:53 am
innsaneink wrote:
steve-o wrote:
The media hammering we got in the first half of 2017 was insane. I’d never seen such malicious reporting... Buzz, Crawford, Hooper, Richie... all those News Ltd hacks, they must’ve been in meeting with the sales team and so they came up with the hammer-the-tigers strategy
Was just thinking the same thing. You absolutely nailed it. Buzz must be drinking himself into a stupor now that his cheating sharks are seemingly on the slide financially whilst we are humming along nicely albeit without the success that they've enjoyed in recent years.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 07 Dec, 2018 8:15 am

Doc Tiger wrote:
Fri 07 Dec, 2018 6:01 am
steve-o wrote:
Fri 07 Dec, 2018 5:53 am
innsaneink wrote:
steve-o wrote:
Was just thinking the same thing. You absolutely nailed it. Buzz must be drinking himself into a stupor now that his cheating sharks are seemingly on the slide financially whilst we are humming along nicely albeit without the success that they've enjoyed in recent years.
Not really, Buzz is the first to toe into his "beloved" Sharkies when there's an exclusive to be had.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...