The run home 2018

Wests Tigers Discussion
Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3573
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: The run home 2018

Post by Eddie » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 3:15 pm

We will be lucky my to win 4 more games with our draw. Best bet is to hold onto 9th which would be a respectable season with this squad.


goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6391
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 3:48 pm

kingbrooks wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 9:43 pm
The Queen wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 9:28 pm
I think only the currant top ten teams can make it the Tigers have a great chance

Dragons 18
Penrith 18
Rabbits 16
Sharks 16
Warriors 16
Storm 14
Roosters 14
Tigers 14
Broncos 14
Canberra 10

6 wins from 12 and a bye mite do it


SUN 4:10PM Roosters v Wests Tigers @ Allianz Stadium

ROUND 14 JUNE 11, SUN 2:00PM Sharks v Wests Tigers @ Southern Cross Group Stadium

ROUND 15 JUNE 17, SUN 4:10PM Wests Tigers v Raiders @ Campbelltown Stadium

ROUND 16 JULY 1,SUN 2:00PM Wests Tigers v Titans @ Leichhardt Oval

ROUND 17 - BYE

ROUND 18 JULY 15, SUN 4:10PM Dragons v Wests Tigers @ UOW Jubilee Oval

ROUND 19 JULY 21, SAT 5:30PM Wests Tigers v Rabbitohs @ ANZ Stadium

ROUND 20 JULY 27, FRI 7:50PM Bulldogs v Wests Tigers @ ANZ Stadium

ROUND 21 AUGUST 3, FRI 6:00PM Knights v Wests Tigers @ McDonald Jones Stadium

ROUND 22 AUGUST 12, SUN 2:00PM Raiders v Wests Tigers @ GIO Stadium

ROUND 23 AUGUST 18, SAT 5:30PM Wests Tigers v Dragons @ Leichhardt Oval

ROUND 24 AUGUST 23, THU 7:50PM Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles @ Campbelltown Stadium

Round 25 Tigers vs Rabbits
6 wins minimum to make semis, 7 would definitely get you there. Anyone less than 10 points ladder wise, have to win 8-9 out of 12 to get there which is unrealistic with how those sides are playing.
Starting with round 16, I can only see us possibly winnning 3 0f those games.
even with Robbie back in the tream,
I think well play a lot better with him there, but our attack will have to get a lot better for us to beat those teams.
But stranger things have happened+

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29621
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 3:49 pm

WESTS Tigers pencilled in to win games...good one..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5638
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:07 pm

I still live in hope we can make it. Just need to show we want to again.
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6419
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:44 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 3:49 pm
WESTS Tigers pencilled in to win games...good one..
Not wrong Geo, we are more chance of winnings games we are not supposed to win, like earlier in the year, also there are only 25 rounds this year not 26 like normal, so may be 26 points gets you in the 8.
Go hard or go home


User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4088
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:49 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:07 pm
I still live in hope we can make it. Just need to show we want to again.
Feel the same way
No more plodders!
:sign:

Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Magpie Magic » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:30 pm

Still reckon we get in.
I hope u guys don't bet on footy games by thinking games go the way they are penciled in.
As if.
As above said got to really want it like early on in the year.

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 8006
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:45 pm

i rarely say this about any team or any player but broncos don't deserve to be there

i hope the top 8 play each other a few times but the only team i see forcing their way in is canberra.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5541
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 8:22 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:45 pm
i rarely say this about any team or any player but broncos don't deserve to be there

i hope the top 8 play each other a few times but the only team i see forcing their way in is canberra.
The Broncos have been absolutely gifted 3 wins already this season by the refs: the game against us, the other game against I can't remember which team when they got a game-winning penalty from in front of the posts again and last week with their 5-metre forward pass for the matchwinner. Would be great to have the luxury of a gift bonus 6 points on the ladder, hopefully one day in the future we will somehow be one of the NRL's "golden children" who are handed a top 8 berth through incompetent and disgustingly biased refereeing.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7157
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 8:27 pm

The top eight is done and dusted bar intervention from the salary cap auditor and basically we have ourselves to blame by dropping the Newcastle game,Parra game and Chooks game. Farah and MM will make a difference but not enough to win enough games to make the 8

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 10:08 pm

We will need to put an 2005 run home on to make the 8

tonza
Member
Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun 04 Mar, 2018 10:50 am

Post by tonza » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:36 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 10:08 pm
We will need to put an 2005 run home on to make the 8
It would be great however I cant really see us making the eight. I feel the cut off will be 30 points because the current top 8 dont play each other enough. We would have to win 7 out of 9 + bye and have a much better for and against. We can only hope.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 5:54 am

tonza wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:36 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 10:08 pm
We will need to put an 2005 run home on to make the 8
It would be great however I cant really see us making the eight. I feel the cut off will be 30 points because the current top 8 dont play each other enough. We would have to win 7 out of 9 + bye and have a much better for and against. We can only hope.
It wont be 30 points for cut off.What that would mean is that 8 teams would need to go at least 14-10 each over the season and in a comp of 16 that is near impossible

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5496
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 8:24 am

If the team can win a few more games and can be competitive right up to the last round and DONT make the 8...I will be happy with that,only because we all know we have a very limited NRL squad,Robbie coming back and Mbye being recruited gives us an injection of class and experience..

Ivan has done a reasonable job with the cleanout and fielding a team that gives its very best 99% of the time(Raiders game being the exception)..The team has played for 80 mins nearly all season,how good has that been..

Our culture is 200% better than previous years and things will only get better next year..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

tigeress
Member
Member
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon 12 Oct, 2009 5:44 pm
Location: South Burnett Qld

Post by tigeress » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 8:39 am

851 wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:44 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 3:49 pm
WESTS Tigers pencilled in to win games...good one..
Not wrong Geo, we are more chance of winnings games we are not supposed to win, like earlier in the year, also there are only 25 rounds this year not 26 like normal, so may be 26 points gets you in the 8.
Why is it we make excuses for this club.....Why aren't we good enough to win any match... this is a worry :crazy

We are on 14 points atm we get 2 byes so that puts us on 18 points, I can only see us winning (with our current team the way they have been performing recently) 2 matches for the rest of the season.... this makes us not much better than we have been in the past and it's not good enough, I think even Ivan is starting to get that worried look in his eyes. :brick:
I do hope I'm wrong :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5496
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 8:46 am

tigeress wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 8:39 am
851 wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:44 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 3:49 pm
WESTS Tigers pencilled in to win games...good one..
Not wrong Geo, we are more chance of winnings games we are not supposed to win, like earlier in the year, also there are only 25 rounds this year not 26 like normal, so may be 26 points gets you in the 8.
Why is it we make excuses for this club.....Why aren't we good enough to win any match... this is a worry :crazy

We are on 14 points atm we get 2 byes so that puts us on 18 points, I can only see us winning (with our current team the way they have been performing recently) 2 matches for the rest of the season.... this makes us not much better than we have been in the past and it's not good enough, I think even Ivan is starting to get that worried look in his eyes. :brick:
I do hope I'm wrong :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Come on Tigress,dont start being negative now,we need to keep positive so as to have a good finish to the season,the team has been doing a hell of a lot better than in recent years when we had a good roster of players and poor results..Ivan probably has got some worries,but nothing he didnt expect I would say..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

tigeress
Member
Member
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon 12 Oct, 2009 5:44 pm
Location: South Burnett Qld

Post by tigeress » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:13 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 8:46 am
tigeress wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 8:39 am
851 wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:44 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 3:49 pm
WESTS Tigers pencilled in to win games...good one..
Not wrong Geo, we are more chance of winnings games we are not supposed to win, like earlier in the year, also there are only 25 rounds this year not 26 like normal, so may be 26 points gets you in the 8.
Why is it we make excuses for this club.....Why aren't we good enough to win any match... this is a worry :crazy

We are on 14 points atm we get 2 byes so that puts us on 18 points, I can only see us winning (with our current team the way they have been performing recently) 2 matches for the rest of the season.... this makes us not much better than we have been in the past and it's not good enough, I think even Ivan is starting to get that worried look in his eyes. :brick:
I do hope I'm wrong :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Come on Tigress,dont start being negative now,we need to keep positive so as to have a good finish to the season,the team has been doing a hell of a lot better than in recent years when we had a good roster of players and poor results..Ivan probably has got some worries,but nothing he didnt expect I would say..
Thank you TrueTiger for your upbeat considerations.
With this club it's very hard to be positive, at the beginning of the season I was extremely positive but they are letting me down, however I am leaving the door open for improvement, and hope we will scrape into the top 8 :pray:

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29621
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:16 am

1 BYE and an MBYE..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Post Reply