Are you NEW to this site? Rules and Guidelines

Wests Tigers Discussion
Kul
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Are you NEW to this site? Rules and Guidelines

Unread post by Kul » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 8:43 pm

In regards to your post being disapproved:
I've spoken to the mods and none of them recall disapproving your post. I can only suppose those there was an error when you submitted the original post. Every post (approved or not) is logged and I can't see anything against your user account.

In regards to your comments about forum standards:
This is an independant forum. It has been stated several times in this thread and others that criticism of the club, the players and the staff is ALLOWED. As long as the basic guidelines outlined in this thread are followed (and they are fairly straight forward) then any criticism can be posted here.
Long gone are the days of 2007-2008 when the "nothing anti-Wests Tigers at all" approach was implemented. Those days are gone and will never come back.
We've even had a meeting with the club in regards to this and they have said that they do not and will not oppose criticism being posted here as long as it is within our fair guidelines (no threats, personal abuse, illegal stuff, etc..)

In regards to Benji and Powerbalance:
Perhaps you haven't seen this thread -> forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5225" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In it you'll find massive amounts of criticism of PowerBalance and Benji/the Club's recent association with that company.
You'll also fine links to double-blind test result papers, links to the ACCC statements, copies of lawsuits against PowerBalance and various other anti-powerbalanace/pro-critical thinking things.
Feel free to contribute to it.

I hope that resolves your concerns

dave_farrell

Unread post by dave_farrell » Thu 03 Mar, 2011 7:39 am

Kul wrote:If you don’t like someone or you simply don’t want to see what they post, please use the “friend of foe” feature in the User Control Panel.
You can access the User Control Panel by following this link: forum/ucp.php

Other forum members who are added to this list will not have their posts appear when ever your view a topic. Their posts, topics and replies will be hidden from you.

dave_farrell

Unread post by dave_farrell » Thu 03 Mar, 2011 7:39 am

Congratulations guys great site!!!

Kul

Unread post by Kul » Fri 11 Mar, 2011 6:47 pm

NRLFix.com, a rugby league fan website with a large forum, issued the following statement this afternoon:
To all our members and NRL fanatics: Unfortunately we have had to close our site due to copyright infringements (refer to Copyright Act 1968-Sect 132A1). I can't go into detail of what the Nrl Partnership have done, but I have no choice but to shut the site down. Firstly I would like to thank Azsportza for the amount of work he has put into the site and to all of the staff involved in the site, It wouldn't be where it is without all your hard work. I think we can all agree that the Nrl has made a mistake because at the end of the day all we wanted is to give people around the world the opportunity to watch Nrl hassle free. We have never made $1 off the site it was all for the fans. We hope that you have all enjoyed our site while it was running, and the administrators want to thank you all for your contributions and support.
NRLFix.com had a large forum community with over 10,000 members. One can safely assume that they were shutdown for streaming NRL feeds (WestsTigersForum.com website does not provide such a service).

What this shows is that internet forums, regardless of how big they are, are inherently vulnerable to being shutdown. This is not the first big forum community to be closed; rleague.com was the biggest fan forum on the internet back in 2002/2003 but was closed due to a radio station taking legal action against posts made on that forum. rleague.com is back now, but it has never recovered.

I'm confident that this forum will not face this fate. Not only is the community here very appreciative of the rules that help protect us against these kinds of situations (and others), but the moderators do a good job at targeting any potentially damaging content.

I'm posting this as a reminder that it can all go pear-shaped very easily. Please just keep this in mind when taking part in the discussions.
Our community has been running for nearly a decade now... let's keep it going for longer!

cheers

(this thread will be merged into the "Are you new to this site..." thread next week)

Paris Cobbs
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Paris Cobbs » Fri 11 Mar, 2011 11:43 pm

I am very sorry to see NRLfix go. It had a good forum with fans from a very wide variety of clubs. It was about the game, the love of it and how to improve it. As well, it was the only way for some of us to see games. I live in France where,as far as I know, there is no normal legal way to see games.

Making an attack on NRLfix is a selfish egotistical act that is in no way in the interests of fans or the game in general.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by willow » Mon 30 May, 2011 4:19 pm

In light of the recent frenzy over rumours that surfaced on social media networks and other websites, the Forum Rules have been altered to protect both this website, it's users and the other members of the community.

Rule 3 has been altered and now reads as:

3. Rumours are to be treated as such and not as facts. The naming or implying of individuals in any rumour of a personal nature is strictly prohibited. Rumours from other forums, social media networks or any other channel are only acceptable if the original statement is referenced properly (screen-grab, hyperlink, scan) with evidence clearly displaying the source. Elaboration beyond what is referenced is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply with this rule will result in the offending post being removed. Weststigersforum reserves the right to moderate or ban users who continually breach this rule.

This rule change means that the existence of rumours elsewhere in the public sphere can be discussed without jeopardising the future of this forum while also ensuring that unsubstantiated claims cannot be posted or discussed here.

slacko

Unread post by slacko » Thu 16 Jun, 2011 8:40 pm

hi Kul, nice to see you again. very nice work! congratulations. i've been reading the forum for a while, didnt realise it was your work, well done!
eternal optimist.

Kul

Unread post by Kul » Fri 17 Jun, 2011 9:36 am

good to see an old forum face back

it's also the work of a lot of other people too :D

slacko

Unread post by slacko » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 12:11 pm

well thanks to everyone for the app and the podcast, both newly acquired, and very enjoyed.
eternal optimist.

Chief44

Unread post by Chief44 » Mon 10 Oct, 2011 10:07 pm

Hey, I'm fairly new to this site, and I'm having troubles uploading an avatar. I probably just don't know what I'm doing, but when i try to upload one, it says 'Avatar could not be uploaded' - which is a bit annoying haha. What do I need to do to upload one, or what am I doing wrong? Thanks :)
Orange White Black

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 187 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 12 Oct, 2011 4:34 pm

Chief44 wrote:Hey, I'm fairly new to this site, and I'm having troubles uploading an avatar. I probably just don't know what I'm doing, but when i try to upload one, it says 'Avatar could not be uploaded' - which is a bit annoying haha. What do I need to do to upload one, or what am I doing wrong? Thanks :)

Is your image hosted....ie does in have a url?

http://imageshack.us/

If not this site will give your image a http://images.blah blah etc etc address which is what you may need.

click browse and look for your image in ur files....you may need to resize also.

tigermaniac

Unread post by tigermaniac » Thu 08 Mar, 2012 6:44 pm

Why would my post be removed regarding the WT Nsw cup side. There is no such thing. I welcome a reply.
Thanks Kul
Regards

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Kul

Unread post by Kul » Thu 08 Mar, 2012 7:02 pm

You posted in an invalid forum due to a bug in RoarFEED. Has since been fixed in 2.1

tigermaniac

Unread post by tigermaniac » Thu 08 Mar, 2012 10:58 pm

Thanks for your reply KUL.

Regards

anjulzo73

Unread post by anjulzo73 » Thu 11 Oct, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi!!!! I'm new and have read the rules and guidelines. I am looking forward to chatting with everyone. Thanks for the opportunity to join. Go The Tigers, 2013!!!!!!! :)

Nate DAWG

Unread post by Nate DAWG » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 11:16 am

When will my posts no longer need to be approved by a moderator?

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 08 Nov, 2015 10:51 pm

Have everybody's reputation points being cleared for some reason?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by formerguest » Mon 09 Nov, 2015 5:21 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:Have everybody's reputation points being cleared for some reason?
Kul is updating the site and he posted about the rep system being suspended as it makes it easier for him whilst working on the site.

Return to “Wests Tigers”