Are you NEW to this site? Rules and Guidelines

Wests Tigers Discussion
Kul
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Are you NEW to this site? Rules and Guidelines

Unread post by Kul » Tue 27 Apr, 2010 12:47 pm

I had to ban someone over the weekend mainly because the user was continuously attacking other forum members on a personal level. Each attack itself didn't warrant the banning, but the cumulative abuse reached a level that was unacceptable, topped off with a complete disregard for the forum rules and finally an attack on an Administrator.

It is frustrating when this happens as the forum is designed to be a place where everyone can meet, converse, debate and enjoy supporting the team together regardless of personal opinion. Negativity and criticism is acceptable - that is the whole point of this website - but there is a difference between being a part of the community as opposed to being just a douche-bag.

Please, for the sake of your enjoyment of this site and for other people's enjoyment of it, please have a bit of consideration for others.
I really hope that it's the last ban that I have to issue.

guesty123

Unread post by guesty123 » Mon 10 May, 2010 2:39 pm

I love this site Kul, i only just found this and never knew such a helpful site existed keep up the good work :)

Kul

Unread post by Kul » Mon 10 May, 2010 5:41 pm

no worries guesty123

at times it can be testing, but nothing gives me more pleasure than knowing that nearly 1000 registered (and many more unregistered) fans have a place to call their own.
I'm sure many others agree

MagpieMax

Unread post by MagpieMax » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:26 pm

As much as i hate to admit it...Michael Ennis has got too much class and toughness for someone like Robbie Farah! Yeah sure Robbie & Benji would make outstanding touch footy players, but that's it!
P.S..And the other thing is.. why is it that everyone can see that there is only so much juice you can squeeze out of a lemon (Sheens) but Wests management can't ? :brick:

Kul

Unread post by Kul » Sun 16 May, 2010 11:41 pm

good to see you back Max, but this is the wrong thread

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Unread post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 24 May, 2010 1:38 pm

There have been several questionable actions taken by various forum members over the past couple of weeks that have tested the rules of this site. After much debate, the mods have decided to enforce a higher standard of moderating when dealing with attacks on members of the football club.
In respect for the fact that these people, their colleagues or friends may view these forums, the following rules must be followed:

- Extreme attacks on individuals will be removed. This includes comments made in posts, avatars or signatures

We will not deny users the opportunity to criticise individuals within the club but we will stand for a higher level of maturity and civilised debate. What exactly qualifies as "extreme" will be left to individual moderators to determine.

We believe that any argument can be made without resorting to direct and extreme personal attacks.

If you have any questions or if you wish to report a post, please use the "Report" button at the top of each post, contact a moderator via PM or at contact@weststigersforum.com
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Kul

Unread post by Kul » Mon 06 Sep, 2010 9:54 pm

With lots of new members and visitors in recent weeks, can I ask that everyone remind themselves with the information provided in the first post of this thread.

Cheers

vickyanderson

Unread post by vickyanderson » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:34 am

great game last nite just wanted to say how proud all your supporteres are.dont lose faith.

Wayne1967

Unread post by Wayne1967 » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi everyone,new to the site and it looks great.
Cheers Wayne

pccorns

Unread post by pccorns » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 6:38 am

Being a ex Leichhardt wanderers junior and supporter of the mighty Tigers it makes me proud to see the boys so commited for the full 80 minutes .
Living in Brisbane we dont allways get the correct story in the media , now that i am regested that will all change .
Thanks lads for keeping the dream alive.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 184 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 22 Oct, 2010 4:39 pm

MagpieMax wrote:As much as i hate to admit it...Michael Ennis has got too much class and toughness for someone like Robbie Farah! Yeah sure Robbie & Benji would make outstanding touch footy players, but that's it!
P.S..And the other thing is.. why is it that everyone can see that there is only so much juice you can squeeze out of a lemon (Sheens) but Wests management can't ? :brick:
Ennis - class - toughness

oH LORDY LORDY ME

:lol:

BWAHAHAHAAHAHA

tigertiger23

Unread post by tigertiger23 » Mon 01 Nov, 2010 11:17 am

thanks for the info

TigerGirl

Unread post by TigerGirl » Tue 23 Nov, 2010 1:07 pm

Hey there Im super new and super unco with this site (true) so thanks for the guidelines (though mostly they are logical - abuse is unacceptable).

Im so pleased to find a Tigers site and with so many users its awesome. Cant wait to interact more when the season starts up and by then hopefully ill be replying to posts that werent posted in 2008 hahaha

if anyone sees me doing something retarded please feel free to message me and correct me or whatever - Im having severe withdrawals and trying hard to :brick:

thanks for having me too :D

balmainbenny

Unread post by balmainbenny » Sat 27 Nov, 2010 3:03 pm

hi everybody im new to this so bear with me; I was wondering if there are any mad crazy fanatic wests tigers supporters on the sunshine coast , qld. Who are interested in getting together on game day to watch the game and cheer our mighty tigers on, please show me your interest, ps, fanatics only.

Kul

Unread post by Kul » Sun 28 Nov, 2010 12:52 pm

yeah mate there are a few!

check out this subforum:
forums/viewforum.php?f=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there are a few posters there that are from QLD, including a group of people from brissy that like to get together

ian_55

Unread post by ian_55 » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 7:21 pm

I noticed recently a post on here bagging Anthony Watmough and making derogatory remarks about him. I don't have a problem with that, but when I posted one questioning the wearing of the DISCREDITED BALANCE BRACELET by Benji, it didn't get a look in. Why, because he is a high profile player??? You should be able to comment constructively regardless of who it is. If this site won't allow that then I will post it on some other teams site

Kul

Unread post by Kul » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 7:45 pm

i just had a look through the logs and can't find any post by you being deleted.
Are you sure this happened? Please forward any communications that you may have received in regards to this and i'll look into it further.

and I assure you, any criticism of PowerBalance is very much welcomed here.

ian_55

Unread post by ian_55 » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 8:06 pm

I sent it on Feb 17. It was in relation to Benji still wearing this PowerBalance Bracelet. I submitted the comments from the ACCC and Choice about it being a sham and people are wasting their money buying it. I had seen Benji on TV the night before at a school and low and behold he was wearing his bracelet. I'm sure somebody has told him they are useless or is he being paid by the maker of this shonky product. Doesn't he have a Manager to tell him if he doesn't understand things??

Return to “Wests Tigers”