Just one of those days

Wests Tigers Discussion
MacDougall

Just one of those days

Post by MacDougall » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 6:01 pm

We were good today. The Warriors did their thing when they needed to. Injuries to crucial players in great numbers were why we lost. Today it really was an excuse. Shaun Johnson even attributed our left side reshuffle to their win.

Quite proud of the effort. Brooks needs to develop his plays with other players because once Tedesco went off he looked a bit lost.

Today showed how important Tedesco is.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 6:11 pm

No McDougall, no.

We must promote everyone from reserve grade because they are all better.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 6:18 pm

Hit the nail on the head. Brooks combinations with others will come over time. Between the injuries and 50/50 calls it was just one of those games. Fingers crossed we come out with no long term injuries and on to next week.

Lawrence is really starting to be of concern though. I love the guy but the hip injury seems to have killed him as a player. Would be interesting to see his stats compared before and after it happened. Credit to him for trying but he just isn't the same player and I don't think he ever will be.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 6:20 pm

All good points. Tedesco is a huge part of our game however it also shows how carrying Richards, Lulia and Lawrence is a risk because if Tedesco gets injured or him and Nofo have poor games these guys don't have the ability to step up and give our halves options.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 6:22 pm

stevetiger wrote:All good points. Tedesco is a huge part of our game however it also shows how carrying Richards, Lulia and Lawrence is a risk because if Tedesco gets injured or him and Nofo have poor games these guys don't have the ability to step up and give our halves options.
Carrying Richards???
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 8:53 pm

I wouldn't of said we were good today, even before the injuries. It stood out today how much we need teddy and its a big concern that we have no attack without him, imo we need Simona he's the only other attacking threat we have, im not including nofo cause he's a finisher. Today showed how much Brooks needs to improve, we totally lost all direction, when that happens he needs to learn how to steer us around off his boot, his kicking needs to improve.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 9:41 pm

We would have been a lot sharper had Nofoaluma switched to fb. As good as Richards is, he doesn't have the motor to play fb.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 10:11 pm

Meh, we have many options close to the line fully fit. If teddy and nofo get injured/playing badly we can go to Simona, Taupau, Siro, Brooks and Richards. We are obviously limited without our best 2 outside backs (attack wise) but not without any options.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 10:26 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:We would have been a lot sharper had Nofoaluma switched to fb. As good as Richards is, he doesn't have the motor to play fb.
I have only watched the first twenty or so minutes at this stage, so I will reserve proper judgement until later. But I did not think that Potter would have put Richards there, as let alone the potential lack of motor, he is nowhere near agile nor nimble enough for the position.

Also, the big sauce must have had a bad last 60 mins when on the field to deserve the criticism some have dished out , he looked pretty good in his first stint to me. Same with Blair for that matter, IMO he was as good as any forward on the field for opening period.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 11:42 pm

Pat Richards is not quite flexible enough for FB, he takes too long to reach down. If we had Simona I would have put him there.

What do you do if you lose your FB or HB. The answer is you struggle.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 11:56 pm

to make something good come of a bad situation, i wouldve stuck a contract and pen in teddys hand just after he came off!

"james! james! give me your autograph!"

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 1:08 am

Look at one stage we had the ball for 7 tackles in about 15 minutes (27th minute through to the 43rd minute ) and had one player on the bench for the last 20

Was always going to be a struggle

Refereeing didn't help , but Suttor isn't SG Ball standard in my opinion

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 8:06 am

softlaw wrote:
stevetiger wrote:All good points. Tedesco is a huge part of our game however it also shows how carrying Richards, Lulia and Lawrence is a risk because if Tedesco gets injured or him and Nofo have poor games these guys don't have the ability to step up and give our halves options.
Carrying Richards???
I think it is pretty obvious that Richards is a slow winger. Maybe carrying him is too harsh because he offers plenty - a great kicking game and he can score a try off a bomb and he can finish so long as he gets a really good opportunity. The thing is Nofolauma, Tedesco & Koro can all make busts and create chances that Richards can't at this stage of his career. I'd still play Richards but we need more options in our backline.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 11:43 am

This was always going to be a tough game for us. Johnston was always going to be hard to contain. But when Hurrell decides to run and then pass, we see the real threat the warriors can be. Overall I was not unhappy with our effort just would like to see us find a way to repel a team finding momentum.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 2:49 pm

For me Richards is a super player and a winner and we need more of those.

But FB is not his position and for the first time he looked as if he didn't want to be there when moved.

Richards is a left winger and a super one that's all.

Agree that if Simona was there he could have switched to fullback.