Wests Tigers Heritage Jersey

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
genoshan
Member
Member
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 9:43 pm

Wests Tigers Heritage Jersey

Post by genoshan » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 8:33 am

WTF ?!? No magpie on the sleeve ?

This is a disgrace and goes against the terms of the JV agreement !

How is it the Magpie is slowly but surely being treated with disdain ?


User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3510
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 9:21 am

genoshan wrote:WTF ?!? No magpie on the sleeve ?

This is a disgrace and goes against the terms of the JV agreement !

How is it the Magpie is slowly but surely being treated with disdain ?
It is a Weststigers heritage jersey - not a Balmain or Western Suburbs one.
Hence no mention of Balmain either.
Geez......

User avatar
Juro
Member
Member
Posts: 2680
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Juro » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 9:40 am

According to Wests Tigers official twitter, there is a magpie on both shoulders. Calm down, people!
‏@Wests_Tigers

.@surfgod1973 There is a magpie on both sleeves, as with both jerseys. Apologies for any confusion.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

tigerbalm
Member
Member
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sun 19 Feb, 2012 7:32 pm

Post by tigerbalm » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 11:14 am

To be fair, the official account originally said there wasn't a bird on the sleeve. Anywho, crisis averted. Mayer again onto it pretty quickly.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18129
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 11:22 am

I would have thought it would have been put on the shoulder, don't all our jerseys have the Magpie on the shoulder as opposed to the sleeve now?
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...


User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6942
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 12:15 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:I would have thought it would have been put on the shoulder, don't all our jerseys have the Magpie on the shoulder as opposed to the sleeve now?
I would have thought it would be better to not have it at all. Isn't the whole purpose of a Wests Tigers Heritage jersey to move away from Balmain/Wests and start acknowledging our own past.

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 1:52 pm

Theres always something. I was a Magpies supporter, But now i follow Wests Tigers, Hear that Steve Roach.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18129
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 5:57 pm

Sabre wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:I would have thought it would have been put on the shoulder, don't all our jerseys have the Magpie on the shoulder as opposed to the sleeve now?
I would have thought it would be better to not have it at all. Isn't the whole purpose of a Wests Tigers Heritage jersey to move away from Balmain/Wests and start acknowledging our own past.
It wasn't a complaint or response to one as such, I was just theorising.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6942
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Sat 05 Apr, 2014 1:31 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sabre wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:I would have thought it would have been put on the shoulder, don't all our jerseys have the Magpie on the shoulder as opposed to the sleeve now?
I would have thought it would be better to not have it at all. Isn't the whole purpose of a Wests Tigers Heritage jersey to move away from Balmain/Wests and start acknowledging our own past.
It wasn't a complaint or response to one as such, I was just theorising.
As was I.
I didn't mean to single you out, I was just making the point that I think if we are wearing this jersey to acknowledge Wests Tigers the magpie has no place on it in the same way that the Balmain logo doesn't.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22657
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 05 Apr, 2014 1:39 pm

I love it. First jersey we've ever had that incorporates all 3 colours perfectly. Wish it was our regular jersey.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29552
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 05 Apr, 2014 3:59 pm

Sabre wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sabre wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:I would have thought it would have been put on the shoulder, don't all our jerseys have the Magpie on the shoulder as opposed to the sleeve now?
I would have thought it would be better to not have it at all. Isn't the whole purpose of a Wests Tigers Heritage jersey to move away from Balmain/Wests and start acknowledging our own past.
It wasn't a complaint or response to one as such, I was just theorising.
As was I.
I didn't mean to single you out, I was just making the point that I think if we are wearing this jersey to acknowledge Wests Tigers the magpie has no place on it in the same way that the Balmain logo doesn't.
Good point sabre

As time goes on Im feeling this is less of an issue than its been in the past....will be a non issue for most one day

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4087
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Sat 05 Apr, 2014 4:41 pm

The magpie should have a good presence on this jersey as this is the only one that particularly relates to our heritage. I don't think that the magpie should be on our normal home and away ones.

We are the WESTS Tigers now and that should be the end of it, regardless of previous agreements made to appease some of us now aging fans. The magpie should have no place on our regular playing gear, in the same way the word Balmain deserves no mention.

Whilst I am not quite fifty and hope to be able to recall the good memories of my former team into my twilight years, they are just that, memories of the past, fifteen years into history. It is time to move aside and allow the new generations to embrace a single entity.

My current and future team is the Wests Tigers, just like the past, it will not change.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29552
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 05 Apr, 2014 4:55 pm

The point youre missing former guest is this is our first WTs heritage

Weve had Magpies hetige jumpers and Balmian before

We are remembering OUR 15 years

Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Magpie Magic » Sat 05 Apr, 2014 5:05 pm

I'm not ageing at 47 and know plenty of WT fans who feel the link to the maggies in their 20s.

Whilst I read about our spiritual home at Leichhardt it reminds me more than ever to make the magpie on the sleeve bigger!

I disagree that links ti the foundation clubd be phased out.

Evidently, when I go to games and see plenty wearing the Phillips Balmain 80s gear these people think so to.

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6942
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Sat 05 Apr, 2014 5:10 pm

How are we supposed to move forward when we won't let go of the past?

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4087
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Sat 05 Apr, 2014 5:31 pm

innsaneink wrote:The point youre missing former guest is this is our first WTs heritage

Weve had Magpies hetige jumpers and Balmian before

We are remembering OUR 15 years
I don't see it that way, as fifteen years is only about half of a modern generation. As such, it can not be considered as heritage by any means. After another decade or so we may be able to call it that, but for now, our traditions can only come from the founding clubs..

Is this not the jersey with the list of WT players on it? if so I think the club has done well to incorporate our modern history into it by placing the players names on the sleeves to compliment the true heritage.

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6942
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Sat 05 Apr, 2014 5:35 pm

formerguest wrote:
innsaneink wrote:The point youre missing former guest is this is our first WTs heritage

Weve had Magpies hetige jumpers and Balmian before

We are remembering OUR 15 years
I don't see it that way, as fifteen years is only about half of a modern generation. As such, it can not be considered as heritage by any means. After another decade or so we may be able to call it that, but for now, our traditions can only come from the founding clubs..
Everybody, stop everything. We need a jersey change for tomorrow.
Formerguest has declared that 15 years is not heritage, therefore we cannot have a Wests Tigers Heritage jersey.

User avatar
westTAHger
Member
Member
Posts: 4770
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: With the Groovy Ghoulies

Post by westTAHger » Sat 05 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

is there an image of the jersey which can be put on here ?
I'm not very good with computers.
thanks
Image
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Post Reply