Decision time for Coach

Wests Tigers Discussion
Snake

Decision time for Coach

Post by Snake » Sun 25 May, 2014 8:53 am

After last night it is plain to see that Anasta,Luani,Austin can't be in the same side . The Coach now has to make the move for the run home ...Austin is wasted used as he is should be at 5/8 ,Brooks after last night does not need Anasta around anymore Braith can be used as a replacement for the rest of the season , Luani as I have said before is not at this level.
As there could be 2 more games where this will happen with Robbie gone this could cost the team a top 8 position, last night showed that a lot of work needs to be done and some major adjustments have to be made.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 25 May, 2014 8:58 am

I agree. Potter needs to do something know. We can't keep carrying some players and we need more impact from somewhere.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 25 May, 2014 9:09 am

Potter should almost have the full squad available after the bye. Plenty of options. Replacing 4 or 5 fringe players with established first grades will make a huge difference.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 25 May, 2014 9:23 am

Lets be honest a lot of players are only in first grade at the moment becuase of injury and rep duties. Of those mentioned above Luani won't be in first grade at full strength, only of Austin and Anasta would be in first grade max at full strength, Rowe wouldn't be in first grade, Akoula wouldn't be either. We have Tedesco, Woods, Farah, Fulton, Sironen and Gavet who at full strength would have been thier last night thats 6 out of 17 - so you probably take out Rowe, Lulia, Anasta or Austin, Akoula, Sue would all be in nsw cup

MightyTiger

Post by MightyTiger » Sun 25 May, 2014 9:24 am

I think Potter needs to make some big changes to the team and stick with them for the rest of the season, barring injuries and rep duties. I would be looking for a team like this.

1. Tedesco
2. Nofo
3. Simona
4. Lawrence
5. Richards
6. Moses (He just has to play, showed yesterday in state cup he is a level above them and that was his debut, give the kid a go, show confidence in him, and play him week in week out)
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Sironen
12. Thompson
13. Blair

14. Sue
15. Gavet
16. Taupau
17. Austin / Halatau

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 25 May, 2014 9:32 am

There's no deciosion to be made really.
Anasta - NSW Cup.
Has to be done.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 25 May, 2014 9:44 am

Boonboon2 wrote:Lets be honest a lot of players are only in first grade at the moment becuase of injury and rep duties. Of those mentioned above Luani won't be in first grade at full strength, only of Austin and Anasta would be in first grade max at full strength, Rowe wouldn't be in first grade, Akoula wouldn't be either. We have Tedesco, Woods, Farah, Fulton, Sironen and Gavet who at full strength would have been thier last night thats 6 out of 17 - so you probably take out Rowe, Lulia, Anasta or Austin, Akoula, Sue would all be in nsw cup
So who is the hooker when Robbie is away and who steps into the role of 5/8 permanently this position is the key for the season IMO .
Yes I agree it all looks good on paper but on paper does not get the wins on the board . I am getting a bit over a 19 yr old Rookie carrying the team time for change give the kid a 5/8 partner that will help!

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 25 May, 2014 9:45 am

MightyTiger wrote:I think Potter needs to make some big changes to the team and stick with them for the rest of the season, barring injuries and rep duties. I would be looking for a team like this.

1. Tedesco
2. Nofo
3. Simona
4. Lawrence
5. Richards
6. Moses (He just has to play, showed yesterday in state cup he is a level above them and that was his debut, give the kid a go, show confidence in him, and play him week in week out)
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Sironen
12. Thompson
13. Blair

14. Sue
15. Gavet
16. Taupau
17. Austin / Halatau
Swap Sue for Ava and Austin for Fulton although I think Halatau is the best option. Maybe Koro should be there instead of Lawrence or even Nofo.

That team though is great and Moses needs to be picked now.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 25 May, 2014 9:46 am

Snake wrote:I am getting a bit over a 19 yr old Rookie carrying the team time for change give the kid a 5/8 partner that will help!
Give him another 19 year old rookie in Moses.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 25 May, 2014 10:21 am

stevetiger wrote:
Snake wrote:I am getting a bit over a 19 yr old Rookie carrying the team time for change give the kid a 5/8 partner that will help!
I was surprised by how well Moses handled himself physically in his NSW Cup debut. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a run this season.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 25 May, 2014 11:40 am

Masterton wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
I was surprised by how well Moses handled himself physically in his NSW Cup debut. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a run this season.
Watched the game Moses is getting there but I feel he is still a way of physically ,he has the talk / talent/ commitment but is just not there for the step up ,it was apparent with his defence you don't want a young career damaged at the start with injury.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 25 May, 2014 11:47 am

I also believe Anasta should be dropped but I can't see it happening due to the fact his surname is Anasta and was once a decent player. It's similar to the Marshall saga. How bad was he playing yet was still always picked.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 25 May, 2014 2:24 pm

Anasta will be captain until Soo finishes. I think once farah is back full time - we'll see the end of Anasta tbh.

Or maybe even against the knights. Potter was firm that Anasta is under pressure.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 25 May, 2014 3:24 pm

tig_prmz wrote:Anasta will be captain until Soo finishes. I think once farah is back full time - we'll see the end of Anasta tbh.

Or maybe even against the knights. Potter was firm that Anasta is under pressure.
Maybe once SOO is over, Austin will take over 5/8 permanently and Anasta will be sent to NSW Cup to 'guide' Moses. Anasta hasn't been great but he has helped Brooks quite a bit IMO, maybe he can do the same to prep Moses for next year.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 25 May, 2014 3:33 pm

Sabre wrote:There's no deciosion to be made really.
Anasta - NSW Cup.
Has to be done.
It takes courage to drop a player of Anasta's standing. Potter also had him as captain last night.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 25 May, 2014 3:42 pm

RatedRKO wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:Anasta will be captain until Soo finishes. I think once farah is back full time - we'll see the end of Anasta tbh.

Maybe once SOO is over, Austin will take over 5/8 permanently and Anasta will be sent to NSW Cup to 'guide' Moses. Anasta hasn't been great but he has helped Brooks quite a bit IMO, maybe he can do the same to prep Moses for next year.
he has only placed more pressure on brooks.

on the last tackle brooks was at dummy half gave a pass to anasta and anasta took a couple of steps then gave it back to brooks who was under pressure. pathetic from a 300 game veteran.

instead of taking pressure of brooksy, he's only been putting him under more pressure. anasta conveniently disappears once it's last tackle or we're close to the line. maybe it's potter's orders.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 25 May, 2014 3:48 pm

I agree Newtown.
Maybe when farah is back Austin can replace Anasta from the bench...wean Anasta away that way - gradually
His benching of marshall last year was totally different, it was more about power, not poor form as is Anastas case

Erin19

Post by Erin19 » Sun 25 May, 2014 5:25 pm

Newtown wrote:
Sabre wrote:There's no deciosion to be made really.
Anasta - NSW Cup.
Has to be done.
It takes courage to drop a player of Anasta's standing. Potter also had him as captain last night.
Agree with the courage part but I wouldn't read too much into Anasta being captain. The only real options without Robbie would have been Woods (origin), Fulton (injured) and Lawrence (only captained 1 game and that was with Woods). Pretty much means Anasta gets it because there was no one else. That alone will probably keep him there until origin finishes but after that, who knows?