Coach for 2015

Wests Tigers Discussion
Regan

Coach for 2015

Post by Regan » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 8:07 am

I vote for Potter who do you want ?

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 8:18 am

One more year for Potter. Given the inexperience in the team as well as the injuries we have had this year. I don't think anyone else could have just walk in and had instant success.
in Ivan we distrust

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 8:20 am

With all the players re signing, you'd think Potter was well respected and wanted at the club.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 9:13 am

`It has to be Potter...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 9:16 am

Jason Taylor gets good raps

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 10:02 am

There is a few that could be considered:

-potter
-parish (very close to signing him last time)
-Jason Taylor could be in the mix
-Neil Henry

Depending on the make up of the new board, will determine the type of coach that they want.

If potter makes the finals, he should be safe.

If we continue to lose, he maybe in trouble.

alex

Post by alex » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 10:13 am

If Potter does get the flick I'd like to see Kidwell given a shot.

Nors05

Post by Nors05 » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 10:30 am

Keep Potter. This realistically is the first year where it has been his team. He has obviously put in place a development plan this year for a number of players and I think we will see the fruits of this labour come through in 2015.
Give him maybe a 2 year deal. If we don't see improvement then look for a better coach.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 11:18 am

I think we need someone with a tactical brain alongside potter and kidwell. They're both great in setting the culture right, firing up the players etc but I'm not sure if Payten is the right man yet who can set up the attack right or a defensive structure. So far, Potters teams selections and the culture/attitude of the players has been fantastic but I feel like we lack the brains to trouble the top teams.

On the other hand, having such a young squalid could mean having even hasler at helm wouldn't help.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 11:50 am

Potter needs a shot at running this club with HIS squad , not Sheens squad

If he doesn't make the Top 8 in 2015 he would be in massive strife though

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 11:56 am

Wests Tigers have lost a lot of flair in the past couple of seasons. If this is because Benji has left, coaching or just the lack of ability in our backline I cannot say.

Post by 851 » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 12:35 pm

Potter has turned into Sheens with his team selections,this has lost a heap of support I had for him,I am 50/50 now where as before I was 100% behind our Mick.
Go hard or go home

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 12:44 pm

tig_prmz wrote:I think we need someone with a tactical brain alongside potter and kidwell. They're both great in setting the culture right, firing up the players etc but I'm not sure if Payten is the right man yet who can set up the attack right or a defensive structure. So far, Potters teams selections and the culture/attitude of the players has been fantastic but I feel like we lack the brains to trouble the top teams.

On the other hand, having such a young squalid could mean having even hasler at helm wouldn't help.

The first thing Potter has to do if he does get the job next season is to employ a halves coach similar to what manly have done with Johns , I am concerned there is not enough knowledge in the club for Brooks to move forward . The club gets Blocker to have input with the forwards and leaves the most important positions .
The team has certainly gone down hill in regards to attack over the last few years whether this is Potters fault I do not know but I do know this has to be rectified by bringing someone to the club to sort it out.
Kidwell and Payten are the assistant coaches IMO someone is not up to the job at hand and maybe a decision has to be made to fill one of those positions with some one that can have a real positive influence on the team regarding attack .

TonytheTiger

Post by TonytheTiger » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 1:12 pm

Braith Anasta for halves coach.

MightyTiger

Post by MightyTiger » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 1:19 pm

From a fan perspective it is really irrelevant who we want as the coach. But it is fairly obvious that the players are happy with Potter. This is what it seems due to the recent large number of players re-signing.

Players wouldn't stay if they weren't happy. In saying that I am a fan of Potter and believe he deserves another two year deal, he has developed a new culture at the club and seems to be working well with all the youngsters. BUT I think the club needs a halves coach like a Andrew Johns.

This not only will enable the likes of Brooks, Moses and Austin to really develop and thrive at the club but will allow better attacking structure and therefor more organisation and points be scored on the field.

It has been for all to see this year that our attack has become stale so As a few have said before, we have the likes of blocker working with the forwards, why not have the right individual working with the halves!

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 1:28 pm

851 wrote:Potter has turned into Sheens with his team selections,this has lost a heap of support I had for him,I am 50/50 now where as before I was 100% behind our Mick.
selecting average players in the positions they are best at to maintain consistency when no suitable replacements are available does not make him tim sheens.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 1:30 pm

Both Kidwell and Payten are coaching at the Tigers now, so they should be in the same boat as Potter and judged on the success and failure of the team.

I think its more about our playing roster than our coaching set up. We just do not have the quality players in our ranks barring the obvious to cover SOO,injuries and form slumps and the problem is we have a few big contract players who need to be moved on and nobody wants them

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 3:47 pm

MightyTiger wrote:From a fan perspective it is really irrelevant who we want as the coach. But it is fairly obvious that the players are happy with Potter. This is what it seems due to the recent large number of players re-signing.

Players wouldn't stay if they weren't happy. In saying that I am a fan of Potter and believe he deserves another two year deal, he has developed a new culture at the club and seems to be working well with all the youngsters. BUT I think the club needs a halves coach like a Andrew Johns.

This not only will enable the likes of Brooks, Moses and Austin to really develop and thrive at the club but will allow better attacking structure and therefor more organisation and points be scored on the field.

It has been for all to see this year that our attack has become stale so As a few have said before, we have the likes of blocker working with the forwards, why not have the right individual working with the halves!
Agree with you about needing a halves coach to teach our young halves, but does the club have the funds to pay him? Probably not :(