Do you enjoy Rugby League?

Wests Tigers Discussion
foreveratiger

Re: Do you enjoy Rugby League?

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:20 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:not you FT - us

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

Yeah , it is frustrating though .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:21 pm

shane2801 wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:I can understand everyone being pissed and down on the dumps but unfortunately we are going to see alot more of these sorts of games before we see some good times .
Chin up Ladies and Gents , Good night all......have a good week .
I think the OP was asking about Rugby League in general FT. Even if Wests Tigers were undefeated my comments still stands. Rugby League is boring.

Yeah i put this on the wrong Thread , my bad .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:32 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote:not you FT - us

Yeah , it is frustrating though .
you can say that again FT - we have the weapons

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tiger85

Post by tiger85 » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:41 pm

im 30, i started playing in under 7's stopped at the end of high school, i wasn't overly gifted and i was never going to be a world beater so i hung up the boots to save on pointless injuries. all my mates played i lived and breathed footy..
the game has changed so much so many times tho i'm not really sure what i enjoy about it any more, if i really enjoy it at all. it may just be the idea of rugby league that i enjoy. i have been a balmain tigers, sydney tigers back to balmain tigers and a wests tigers supporter every second of my life, my blood is black, gold and white.
i watch every tigers game and a dribble of other games. it makes me a bit sad that i dont get mad at how bad the tigers can play any more or how blatantly we get ripped by the refs as i am that desensitized to it now. the perennial strugglers tag has been a rough pill to swallow year after flamin year.
I will always support the tigers but rugby league is almost lost to me. the game of skill is almost dead and its given way to the 6 foot 6 100 kg back line.
It will be another year of the club talking about potentia....the crop of kids will get sick of not winning so will signed up by manly dogs roosters broncos and go on to be champions. Tigers will sign more coaches and more kids and more retirees.
Balmain Born Wests Sworn!!!!!

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Sun 17 May, 2015 10:47 pm

I am 50
Played all through school and uni
Played rep level schoolboys before an injury
Followed tigers (both iterations) since 1969
Never missed a home game between 1980 and 2010
Haven't paid to see a game since 2011
Why?
The game has become too boring, over refereed,poorly managed, sick of the rorters etc etc etc
And I'm over it
Never thought I would say it but,I am. Sad

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Regan

Post by Regan » Sun 17 May, 2015 11:11 pm

I was told about it two years ago told about it last year as well but this year is the only time I am starting to believe that betting is having a bad effect on the game I was told video ref mite be giving some think to give a team on the day a better rub of the green .... Some choices they make in the box I just can't understand and I am losing faith in the game as a whole from some one who use to watch most games a week to some one who watch's one maybe two

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 11:32 pm

Reading through everyone's posts the nrl and our management should really be pricking their ears up when it comes to fans thoughts. If crowd numbers are anything to go by then that should be a wake up call already.

Lot are saying league is boring now, thats because the game has become too predictable. The same predictable plays and hit ups, bomb on the fifth etc. Funny how when we were the once exciting team throwing the ball around many here were screaming for a structured style a la storm or manly. Now that we're trying that style and for various reasons its not quite working people are quick to shoot it down.

Rule changes. Some do need to be tweaked. Get rid of the ridiculous kick a thon golden point, make it golden try. The 7 tackle restart needs adjustment. Teams are being penalised for kicks that are sometimes centimetres from being either perfect or costly. Cut some interchanges.

Video refs. I think they should stay in a limited and set amount of uses. The fact video refs are making incorrect decisions when clearly wrong, that's the underlying issue not the technology.

Need to change 3rd party payments scheme as top teams are rorting it. I'm sick to death about hearing how they know how to manage it and good luck to them if they do. But thats bs and everyone knows it.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 18 May, 2015 12:18 am

My family and i love it KS. We try and watch every game when possible. And we always watch the WTigers games. I must admit, it has lost a bit of it's lustre because of all the stoppages, incompetent and biased ref decisions and of course as Flip said the " Stevie Wonder" video refs lol.
I want to see the wrestle stopped. It's so slow and tedious. I like to see the interchange reduced, so our playmakers can strut their stuff more often. But more then anything, i like to see refs be accountable for their mistakes and stuff ups.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 8:07 am

The game as a whole is boring and a chore to watch.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 8:18 am

Tigermama wrote:My family and i love it KS. We try and watch every game when possible. And we always watch the WTigers games. I must admit, it has lost a bit of it's lustre because of all the stoppages, incompetent and biased ref decisions and of course as Flip said the " Stevie Wonder" video refs lol.
I want to see the wrestle stopped. It's so slow and tedious. I like to see the interchange reduced, so our playmakers can strut their stuff more often. But more then anything, i like to see refs be accountable for their mistakes and stuff ups.
Mama brings up a good point , a lot of issues about the game will change once the interchange gets reduced

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 8:28 am

The game has become a Circus. The refs blow 100 penalties throughout a game which makes it a stop start affair. But there isn't 1 try that they don't check with the video ref.
How long did they take to award Luke Brooks Try where Tedesco kicks it, it took them about 5 minutes to judicate a try :rant.
Whem there is 2 refs on the field it's like one is waiting on the other to make the call.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 8:47 am

foreveratiger wrote:The game has become a Circus. The refs blow 100 penalties throughout a game which makes it a stop start affair. But there isn't 1 try that they don't check with the video ref.
How long did they take to award Luke Brooks Try where Tedesco kicks it, it took them about 5 minutes to judicate a try :rant.
Whem there is 2 refs on the field it's like one is waiting on the other to make the call.
But the Brooks try technically wasn't a try , Tedesco didn't put them onside

12 penalties yesterday I think , I can live with that

And I'd prefer they checked every try , even if its one check that takes 10 seconds , by the time the kickers go through their breathing exercises , say a prayer to the footy gods , take 46 steps and 20 twitches and adjust their tackle

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 8:58 am

happy tiger wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:The game has become a Circus. The refs blow 100 penalties throughout a game which makes it a stop start affair. But there isn't 1 try that they don't check with the video ref.

And I'd prefer they checked every try , even if its one check that takes 10 seconds , by the time the kickers go through their breathing exercises , say a prayer to the footy gods , take 46 steps and 20 twitches and adjust their tackle
Tedesco put him onside with his last kick, but initially Brooks was offside with his 1st grubber.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:05 am

foreveratiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Tedesco put him onside with his last kick, but initially Brooks was offside with his 1st grubber.
Gidley's argument was right , the initial play that started the movement has Brooks offside and they can't say that Brooks wasn't involved , he ends up scoring the try

Earlier in the season we benefitted from a no try with the exact same ruling

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:07 am

Watching a game of rugby league is always exciting I love the sport...however an 80min game now ends up being nearly two hours with all the stop,start crap that goes on,you don't need a player laying all over the opposition to slow the game,just add a couple of more officials,that will do it every time..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:10 am

happy tiger wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Gidley's argument was right , the initial play that started the movement has Brooks offside and they can't say that Brooks wasn't involved , he ends up scoring the try

Earlier in the season we benefitted from a no try with the exact same ruling
Add to that I thought the pass from Brooks to Halatau for the 1st try was forward as well

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:16 am

I did aswell happy, but the Faologo Try was a no Try IMO

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:25 am

dazza65 wrote:The game has become too boring, over refereed,poorly managed, sick of the rorters etc etc etc
And I'm over it
Never thought I would say it but,I am. Sad
I will never give in but it's a shame how this great game has been butchered over the years.... :sign: