Josh massoud

Wests Tigers Discussion
alexaki

Josh massoud

Post by alexaki » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 12:53 pm

Snake wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:They move us to Perth, I'm out. Not doing that s*** again.
I have only followed one side of the venture and the club as is for my entire life ...I have seen the worst of the lows and Highs .This year is the first year that I am waving ..pretty much over the club really ,I have as with many here tolerated the rubbish that the club has dished up over the years and the negative statement made by Go this week has really pushed me over the edge, there just seems to be no end to the incompetent running of the club.
I will say one thing if I am at this point the club HAS a major problem as I have been rusted on my entire life but have had enough time to put up or close up!!!!.
Sad... So sad... But true

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 1:13 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Furious1 wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:They move us to Perth, I'm out. Not doing that s*** again.
Me too, they'll lose me to the game.

That will be 3 of us.

4 of us...
5 of us ...
I dislike sowfs immensely

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 2:52 pm

diedpretty wrote: You can't make decisions on what a player may or may not do in 2017. Martin has signed with Penrith until the end of 2018 - by that time we won't be able to afford to buy him back.
What, so we would pay less for him if we had of kept him? Or the NRL gives Penrith more space under the cap? Your logic makes no sense.
diedpretty wrote: It was an inept decision made by a board who openly stated they had no football knowledge and said that they would allow all football related decisions be made by the football dept - they then overrule their decision. The sad part about all this is I bet the Wests board members would have voted to keep Martin - we will never know - but it shows that we still have a totally dysfunctional board.
It also shows what many had feared when the NRL effectively took control of the board - that WT are totally at the mercy of a board who are no more than puppets for the NRL.
I'm confident the board would have made a decision on recommendations from the Football department, not solo. If they have also recently found that the Football Dept cannot manage the cap, they might have added their involvement.

... don't get me started about leagues club board members (not just wests). They've really delivered over the years huh? Their ineptitude is what has landed us in the situation. So while you say they would have voted for him to stay, their inability to provide proper governance over the organisation for the past 10+ years has lead to us to a desperate situation of needing to save pennies on a salary cap like this!

We should give this board some time before questioning their decisions. God knows the prior guys have had a good run and failed miserably.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 2:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
jirskyr wrote: I swear you must have posted this tired line in 4 or 5 separate threads now.
It's tiring, yet you find the time to always reply. Good one. What role at the club do you have I wonder to always be the knight in shining armour.
It's a "tired line", as in it's a worn-out comment.

Not tiring to me, I appear to have near limitless energy to respond to idle speculation and scaremongering.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 4:08 pm

jirskyr wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
jirskyr wrote: I swear you must have posted this tired line in 4 or 5 separate threads now.
It's tiring, yet you find the time to always reply. Good one. What role at the club do you have I wonder to always be the knight in shining armour.

Not tiring to me, I appear to have near limitless energy to respond to idle speculation and scaremongering.
And your role at the club is?

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 4:27 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

How's that relevant? He may be the cleaner, the Captain or most likely just a fan without the chicken little complex. You implied MT was on terrible money and wanted out, you must work for the club with that type of info???

Twitter ramblings from a hack jurno with a history of being a hack. I wouldn't worry about what he says too much until either the club or player comes out and tells us something of substance.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 4:48 pm

Use your brains, we signed him as a reserve grader, what would have the likely salary been? I don't think he'd been signed to what he's worth now. So the question is, would have the club been able to upgrade him? Very unlikely IMO

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 5:00 pm

Letting a talented young player like Martin leave the club and to not even offer a basic 85k contract is disturbing but not really surprising.

There are some strange goings on under the new board and coach.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 5:05 pm

The only positive thing Taylor has done has been to drastically improve our injuries, no doubt due to him revemping the S/C, so I'll give the devil his due there. In all other aspects, he's sent the club backwards

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 5:12 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:The only positive thing Taylor has done has been to drastically improve our injuries, no doubt due to him revemping the S/C, so I'll give the devil his due there. In all other aspects, he's sent the club backwards

Id have to take a few points off for playing players who werent fully fit.

red dogg

Post by red dogg » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 5:55 pm

Hopefully it's Robbie Farah, We can rebuild this whole club with his wage.... Won't miss his 10 games a year..... Either.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 6:38 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:It's tiring, yet you find the time to always reply. Good one. What role at the club do you have I wonder to always be the knight in shining armour.
I'll state this. I have no idea why the comments about Taupau leaving are bought up all the time.

The truth is that no-one knows what he is thinking and he may be extremely happy at the club. My personal opinion is that the guy loves the Tigers.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 6:40 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:The only positive thing Taylor has done has been to drastically improve our injuries, no doubt due to him revemping the S/C, so I'll give the devil his due there. In all other aspects, he's sent the club backwards
I don't believe this at all. We still get injuries and I wonder if they are just as bad as last year. Simona and Nofo are key injuries. Farah is on the list as well.

I think JT has done some things right though:-

1. Getting rid of Richards
2. Playing Lawrence in the backrow

These decisions are actually really good decisions.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 7:27 pm

stevetiger wrote:
I don't believe this at all. We still get injuries and I wonder if they are just as bad as last year. Simona and Nofo are key injuries. Farah is on the list as well.

There will always be injuries, they're unavoidable. There's no question that this yr is an improvement on previous yrs.

tottie

Post by tottie » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 8:17 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

There will always be injuries, they're unavoidable. There's no question that this yr is an improvement on previous yrs.
Thats the irony, less injuries and a worse position on the ladder

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 10:02 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

I clean the Glenn Morrison memorial toilets.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 18 Jul, 2015 7:34 am

supercoach wrote:All this negative press comes with being on the bottom of the table,they can not find anything positive so they write negative stuff and as the season rolls on their will be plenty more
The most negative post I've seen in here in a LONG time , is Marinas statement in the Australian. How much more negative do you want.
The amazing thing is that this came direct from the board

I bet prospective players( and they're not too thick on the ground) can't wait to get here now , Knowing that they'll be probably paid in Greek drachmas
Or maybe on a GerryHarvey deal. Well pay nothing up front, and pay it off over 5 years
No interest of course

westy81

Post by westy81 » Sat 18 Jul, 2015 9:45 am

Even if we were at the top of the table they would "find" or just make up something negative about us

GO THE TIGERS !!!!